KC's Rush Strategy

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seemed to be just under an hour and a half for KC on the one last night for 4th place, so an hour and a half is probably about right, give or take 15 minutes or so depending on end game play.

et1961

et1961

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bravo, Thanks!!

I studied this post several times. Thanks so much. I really learned alot. I tried rush several times and only made final table once. Your tips should greatly improve my play.

timboslice4

timboslice4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said you limp any pocket pair early in the tournament, do you do this in early position? I dont see how it can be profitable. Obviosly people are going to over value their TPTK but if you limp you are gonna get raised if they have a hand like AK, AQ, AJ or a high pocket pair. I just dont feel comfortable early in a tournament playing these low pocket pairs. How important do you think it is to play these?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You said you limp any pocket pair early in the tournament, do you do this in early position? I dont see how it can be profitable. Obviosly people are going to over value their TPTK but if you limp you are gonna get raised if they have a hand like AK, AQ, AJ or a high pocket pair. I just dont feel comfortable early in a tournament playing these low pocket pairs. How important do you think it is to play these?

tbh ive been laying down small pps in ep a lot more thna i used ot smae with AJ AQ A 10 and its been huge for my game.

A

Alwaysrivered32

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be ready for the insane jump in variance for the $26 ones. I dont know if its b/c its a lot more people or something but even though the competition is about the same as the $11 one, I've gotten for a lack of better choice for words, RAPED. I mean kings getting annihilated byshit hands over and over and over and over and over and over.............AND OVER.

Good luck everyone!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking of doing another 100 game challenge, just this time 11$ 135 mans...

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wanted to post a hand I thought was pretty important. On my end it was an easy hand not really much else you can do with KK. On the other hand (literally) this guy really thought I was trying to take the pot away from him I guess?

I just want to show that even up to the 26$ these people in rush don;t know how you play due to the rush factor. So betting like this is important to make them think you are constantly trying to take from them, so that there defenses kick in and they make stupid calls like this?!?!?

full tilt poker $24 + $2 Rush No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t250/t500 Blinds + t50 - 7 players - View hand 942972
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: t16060 M = 14.60
Hero (SB): t20118 M = 18.29
BB: t8710 M = 7.92
UTG: t17641 M = 16.04
UTG+1: t4197 M = 3.82
MP: t8288 M = 7.53
CO: t9908 M = 9.01

Pre Flop: (t1100) Hero is SB with K :club: K :spade:
4 folds, BTN raises to t1000, Hero raises to t3850, 1 fold, BTN calls t2850

Flop: (t8550) T :spade: 3 :club: 4 :club: (2 players)
Hero bets t8550, BTN calls t8550

Turn: (t25650) 5 :heart: (2 players)
Hero bets t7668 all in, BTN calls t3610 all in

River: (t32870) 4 :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also any request for TV sweats, I'm open. Although I work the next 5 days from 5pm to 5am, i know, shity lol. So it would have to be in the morning?

polingpower

polingpower

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would love to do it ,,have team viewer load all ready

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be willing to put up $1 towards the buy-in on occasion, not that you need it, but as a pay-per-team-view thing Im confident I could better my game by watching your strategies/techniques.

:boxing:
I'm thinking of doing another 100 game challenge, just this time 11$ 135 mans...

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be willing to put up $1 towards the buy-in on occasion not that you need it but as a pay-per-team-view thing but to watch and learn from your strategies/techniques.

:boxing:

lol haha pay-per-team-viewer...so good lol

actually not that bad of an idea, pros should do that...they could make a llot, thne again someone would be on the phone with another guy telling him his hands :eek:

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea but in the Rush games, thats not a concern, right? :D

lol haha pay-per-team-viewer...so good lol

actually not that bad of an idea, pros should do that...they could make a llot, thne again someone would be on the phone with another guy telling him his hands :eek:

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless he's at your table at the time...

I would also be down for doing another TV session when there is a free chance for us or multiple people. It was a good time.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KC, I understand you don't use HEM or PT3.

The next time you final table one of these, could you maybe catch the stats FullTilt provides, # of hands, vpip, wtsd etc. Maybe a screen shot even.

FullTilt doesn't provide those stats with those names, but they represent the same stuff. Might help noobs begin the process of learning what information can help them.

In the standard 135 seat RUSH games my PT3 works great, but in the MTT's it fails big time. Not too concerned about that as the fast pace prevents me studying any particular player for much, until the final table. What I am always most interested in is how they (my villains) might be perceiving me. The only way currently of doing that is via those stats. I have final tabled the 135 seat games with a VPIP as low as 6 and as high as 20, but seem compelled (inexplicably) to want that number to be near 10-12, on average. That puts me squarely in the NIT range.

Z

Zync

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There ya go, I gave it a try tonight. Got 3rd :) At the end, we were playing 3 handed with blinds 4000/8000. This is just a luck fest then. I lost a flip and then push with Q3s. I had 36k and on the button. So, was it a good push? He called with A10os. The flop gave me a flush draw, the turn added an open ended! But I end up in the rail. Was it a bad push?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently have my blog back up and running (link in my signature). I am going to do my best to keep this updated and fresh with new poker stuff!

Also I have a new YouTube Channel called KCRPoker. This channel will eventually have tons of rush strategy videos including all types of rush tournaments.

No videos yet but if you would like to subscribe in advance so that you know when the first vid comes out you can do so here: http://www.youtube.com/user/KCRPoker?feature=mhum

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha 5 final tables this week using this strategy, when are you gonna get hired as an instructor on a training site? seriously lol

Z

Zync

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha 5 final tables this week using this strategy, when are you gonna get hired as an instructor on a training site? seriously lol

5 final tables out of how many games? I tried 2 so far and finished 3rd and 26th. The toughest part of the tourney that I found out was when there's between 20-50 players. If you don't have a big stack, you need to be able to steal and if the steal doesn't work, you need to get lucky. This is where I failed in my second try. I pushed with around 10 BB with 99 and got called by JJ.

The tricky part is to maintain the 25BB and more edge to be comfortable to steal and continue the story with a CBET. With less than 15BB, this is more a shove move preflop that you need to do. Am I right?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 final tables out of how many games? I tried 2 so far and finished 3rd and 26th. The toughest part of the tourney that I found out was when there's between 20-50 players. If you don't have a big stack, you need to be able to steal and if the steal doesn't work, you need to get lucky. This is where I failed in my second try. I pushed with around 10 BB with 99 and got called by JJ.

The tricky part is to maintain the 25BB and more edge to be comfortable to steal and continue the story with a CBET. With less than 15BB, this is more a shove move preflop that you need to do. Am I right?

Id say around 10 BB Im shoving in LP to steal with a pretty wide range.