Is it REALLY Variance???

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had this, each time in a different way from a week to half a year. There is nothing you can do about it, you can only take a break from poker, for example, for two weeks, this is a good option, since during this time a great desire to play will return and your nerves will be restored.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or even worse there is a KO & PKO fad going around. PKO's especially don't spread the winnings out properly. Then I see coin flip's and Time Trials.

I agree with you friend. In particular - I nearly 100% avoid PKOs. They just don't 'do it' for me. Heck - on ACR they run a big event called the Venom. Last time I was shoveling money into the satellites trying to win a ticket. Missed earning a seat by two spots when my KKs didn't hold up. :( Unfortunately every other Venom event is a PKO event. The upcoming one is the PKO version - and I haven't spent a penny event attempting to win a seat. - Totally unappealing to me.

I also disdain all the gimmicky events all around. I'd even go as far as stating the zoom/fast fold and jackpot events are just total money generators - for sites - that lure suckers in. Not for me thank you. I'll stick to regular ol MTTs. Where traditional poker players have the edge versus the vast majority of the field, and mostly the rake is reasonable.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you friend. In particular - I nearly 100% avoid PKOs. They just don't 'do it' for me. Heck - on ACR they run a big event called the Venom. Last time I was shoveling money into the satellites trying to win a ticket. Missed earning a seat by two spots when my KKs didn't hold up. :( Unfortunately every other Venom event is a PKO event. The upcoming one is the PKO version - and I haven't spent a penny event attempting to win a seat. - Totally unappealing to me.

I also disdain all the gimmicky events all around. I'd even go as far as stating the zoom/fast fold and jackpot events are just total money generators - for sites - that lure suckers in. Not for me thank you. I'll stick to regular ol MTTs. Where traditional poker players have the edge versus the vast majority of the field, and mostly the rake is reasonable.
Yes I agree PKOs are the worst structure, unless you count flips or TT which I don't. I usually avoid ridiculously large gtd according to buy-in because A I know there will be 20+ late rounds and B it will attract all sorts of riff raff who will take big chances in hopes of a suck out or just a bad player. Only to re-buy if it don't work out.

I'm a 1 bullet kind of player, I rarely rebuy. I think I play better without the thought that I can just re-buy. It helps with BR management as well. It sux having to take out the same player 2-3 times. Eventually they get lucky.

I would be happy with no gtd freezout or limited re-buy it just doesn't attract enough players. Especially with a $5,000 gtd next to it for the same price. Lately I have been playing $5-$15 multi-table S&G's (3 9max tables, 27 players). It's the only thing I can find with none of the previously mentioned issues.

J

Jreven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be playing on Global Poker.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah thats exactly variance. sometimes it feels painfull to go through and big downswings are definitely happening at some point if you play enough.

if you start to feel like the whole world is against you, you should take a break from poker. it helps wonders :)

good luck in the future.