Is it possible to get up with a very small stack?

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw, congrats! (or did you become friends with the house bots:D?)

:DI would love to make friends with them, but home bots do not want to be friends with me!:icon_pale :D

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once i lost almost all my stack and i did come back and got to the money. lucky to double up a couple of times

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends! I continue the experiment "is it possible to rise if you have a very small stack left ..."

So, after the sixth all-in (see my post # 60 a little higher), the stack became 34 BB! This is already good!
Look what happened next - All-in № 7:
https://www.boomplayer.com/32006253_04A587D16A

This is not the end of the story!
Follow my posts if you are interested!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends! I continue the experiment "is it possible to rise if you have a very small stack left ..."

So, after the sixth all-in (see my post # 60 a little higher), the stack became 34 BB! This is already good!
Look what happened next - All-in № 7:
https://www.boomplayer.com/32006253_04A587D16A

This is not the end of the story!
Follow my posts if you are interested!

:secruity:
:party:
The experiment continues! Another 8th move all-in:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32006281_2D4F37460C :D:D:D
:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends! Want to find out how the fun tournament ended?

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When there are antes in play you can easily get back up.
When you go all-in and everybody folds you already win 2.5BB.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say one thing, I've had this happen a couple of times, I was shocked that I managed not only to win back, but I got to the final table

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see something like this regulary but not so often how you write ))) ;)
Of course, when the stars are standing as they should then fortune smiles.
But always hope for this are stupid.
I often see when chip leader calling with 27 or something like and win "cornered animal" who all in with AA or AK and etc.
Therefore, if you lose to a minimum you need luck, but it's better not to allow this.
I've swung from last place to first place in three hands before. Also gone from less than 1bb to finishing ITM and have also made an MTT FT with 1bb and won it.

It's my opinion that I'm often more dangerous when beaten down to a micro-stack than when I'm the chip leader. Cornered animal and all that...

Definitely never give up!

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With luck everything is possible - My highest success from 3BB on the bubble in 28place to 2nd place of tour so...

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely never give up !! I like to say that all you need is a chip and a chair and you can win !!!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
That was a very interesting run Eva !! From 15 to 2551 chips ! That flush on board was a saver, and the flush with the 3d lol.
Anyway, that kind of things do happen a lot in poker. Probably more than we think it could. we just can't count on it !

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sure , if you play good for...
You just have to wait the good hand..

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens that you lose almost all the chips!
As I had:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32006205_E4FA7BC9B3
:eek:
This is very sad! But is it worth it to get upset? Is it possible to get up with a very small stack?:trytofly:
What do you think? Or is this the end of the game for me?:tomato:

Let's do an experiment! Keep track of what happened!

You should have raised pre-flop with AQ to at least 400 considering this is a freeroll.

After you bet on the flop and you had a caller, you should have checked turn/river or folded if the caller bet.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen it before and I'll see it again. No matter how short you get, always look for the most +ev spot to stick the rest of the chips for a double up. Too many times I see players punting the last 5-20% of their stack after losing 80%+.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens that you lose almost all the chips!
As I had:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32006205_E4FA7BC9B3
:eek:
This is very sad! But is it worth it to get upset? Is it possible to get up with a very small stack?:trytofly:
What do you think? Or is this the end of the game for me?:tomato:

Let's do an experiment! Keep track of what happened!
The essence of the game with short stack is a solid understanding of the strategy of push fold. To many players, she seems the only true and working. But if you have a good understanding of what is profitable to do at a certain moment and what is not, using new techniques can help you increase your stack in situations that you would not even have thought of using before.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No matter how short you are as long as you have a chip you have a chance. Many players I know will tell you about there story's as well. While it does not happen very often it you play long enough it will happen to you.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes it is!

Not only is it possible but is makes for the most memorable tournaments, one way or the other.

One thing that works is that when you are short stack and forced to shove, many of the others are able to call and occasionally your stack multiplies 3-5 fold and all of a sudden you are back in the saddles.

I tend to enjoy those tourneys more than those that I am sitting comfortable all game. The former tends to make you appreciate your stack more and guard it jealously. In the latter you may get a little complacent and careless. Also, you now have the role of table bully and play a lot more hands in an effort to control the action.

Try to avoid being grumpy or go on tilt with your short stack, especially if it is because of a bad beat. Better short stacked than busted out I say!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They don't say chip and a chair for nothing.

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So early in the game with so little chips. Just move on. Sure you can accumulate chips, but we're talking tripling up at least 5 times on an allin to even get back in to the game. Especially seeing someone mention this is a freeroll.

Late game it is easier to come back as the blinds and antes can be such that doubling/tripling up twice can put you back in the game. Generally, it's just luck. You're allin with a shove it hand and you outdraw the 1 to 3 players who called you. Often times that luck is someone betting out the other players and you happen to have that player beat.
It really bothers me when you have check downs to eliminate an Allin player and during last round of betting a player makes a large enough bet bluffing and the other player or two in the hand fold...Because you must have the nuts to make such a large bet where a call is a loss and if the Allin player has a better hand you lose anyway? Then the player's bet is returned from the folds and the Allin player wins the main pot with a lowly bottom pair that one of the other who had 2nd bottom pair would have beat!. I want to break my screen when I'm that player who folded 2nd bottom pair and would have won that this player bet having no chance of winning with high card.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I see something like this regulary but not so often how you write ))) ;)
Of course, when the stars are standing as they should then fortune smiles.
But always hope for this are stupid.
I often see when chip leader calling with 27 or something like and win "cornered animal" who all in with AA or AK and etc.
Therefore, if you lose to a minimum you need luck, but it's better not to allow this.

I think I understand what you are saying and, if so, I agree.

It's definitely better not to get into a shortstack position than to win your way out of it. Prevention rather than cure, basically.

Not a whole lot you can do to prevent being busted down to short when your chips go in ahead and you get sucked out on- they're the situations where it's sweetest to bounce back.. :)