Is it possible to get up with a very small stack?

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is possible to come back from a short stack. My question is how you played
the hand that put you in that situation in the first place.
Don't you think with that flop it hit the callers range pretty hard after he called your flop bet.
Why commit almost all your stack on a bluff?

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very much possible to come back from a tiny stack. Though it'll take both a lot of skill and a lot of luck.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I got back from half a blind, and reached the final table of a tournament. If you are still in it you have a chance to win it. Never give up!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is possible to come back from a short stack. My question is how you played
the hand that put you in that situation in the first place.
Don't you think with that flop it hit the callers range pretty hard after he called your flop bet.
Why commit almost all your stack on a bluff?

:hmmmm2: I do not understand your question. You wanted to ask why I take such a risk?:confused:

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,why take such a large risk on a bluff, almost your entire stack, would you not have accomplished the same thing by betting half pot?

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in a tournament where I was down to two bb and ended up winning the whole thing. So yes, it's entirely possible. As they say, all you need is a chip and a chair.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I all ready win a tournament, and just before that i was at 60.... ( start with 3000 chip)

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky stile

Yesterday played the tournament on pokerstars and one guy almost losl his stack with AA. He started all in with 1bb stack and for his lucky he won three times in a row. In an hour I was eliminated and this guy's stack was about 40bb. So everything is possible.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recovering

I once rebounded and won a SnG tournament with 15 chips. The pros say all it takes is a chip and a chair.

Tonight, in the CC Freeroll on intertops, my chip stack reached critical mass and I rebounded several times to finally take fourth place. Would have done even better had my pocket kings not been cracked by an ace on the river. But hey, that's poker.

I see players become ghosts all the time when their chip stacks get critical. Like, they figure what the hell, why bother to continue. If I had that attitude tonight I probably wouldn't have even made it to the coin.

Never give up.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.it is possible to get up with a small stack, but it is very problematic,this is already luck is needed,you can not get out on one ability to play.Yes, and it depends on what field.if you are constantly pressed by other players, the probability of getting out of the hole will become ghostly.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me a few times to come back when I lost almost all the chips.
No surrender until I lose the last chip.
Whoever thinks differently is not on the road to victory.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,why take such a large risk on a bluff, almost your entire stack, would you not have accomplished the same thing by betting half pot?

:D You're right! You can bluff with half the stack, but for the "credibility" of a bluff it is better all-in!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very much possible to come back from a tiny stack. Though it'll take both a lot of skill and a lot of luck.

Yes! Luck in such cases is the most important thing!:congrats:

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always possible, only i always go all in with a small stack. Hence it often fails. But if you're lucky with the blinds, you can keep it up until you have good cards.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can stand up from small chips and even win a tournament. I was almost eliminated in the middle of the tournament with about 100 to 200 chips left, and then, with miraculous luck, I made it to the final table. So I learned never to give up, and there's always hope.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If possible, only you have to be too lucky in addition to knowing how to play very well.:D:D:D

it is possible ... at a sit and go of 0.10 c. I was left with 55 chips and managed to finish at the final table in fifth place ... it takes a lot of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Elena L

Elena L

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to get up many times when there were several blinds left. I think everyone was in such a situation.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens that you lose almost all the chips!
As I had:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32006205_E4FA7BC9B3
:eek:
This is very sad! But is it worth it to get upset? Is it possible to get up with a very small stack?:trytofly:
What do you think? Or is this the end of the game for me?:tomato:

Let's do an experiment! Keep track of what happened!

I played the betonline CC freeroll had AA all in 1 caller AA got cracked left me with 20 chips I battled back to 8500 chips to get AA again all in got cracked again out of the game. Point is never give up until your chip stack is zero

F

FeelAPino23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is VERY possible. I’ve done it a few times. Just gotta pick your spots.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to get up many times when there were several blinds left. I think everyone was in such a situation.

:DAgree with you! In this tournament I went all-in 10 times in a row and won all the time! It happens too!

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a little harder than flying out of a tournament from a chip leader position after losing three or four hands. But it’s also possible, it's poker.:)