I'm trying to win freerolls tournaments.

S

SnagginOut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don't take offense with this, but this sort of sounds like the old "if only I played higher stakes where people respected my raises" argument. I'd much rather play against an extremely weak field than a bunch of semi/pros. If you're not final tabling freerolls at a pretty consistent rate, it's not going to get any easier as you move up in prize pools. Having loose/terribad players that are willing to stack off with garbage should be thought of as ATM machines. It's a lot more difficult to chip up if there aren't droolers who want to donate their stacks to you. Make sure you're identifying who the tight players are and who the mouth breathers are, and adjust your hand ranges accordingly, and keep on grindin'.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand the situation that your in. My advice is to stop playing. Take a week off. Then play poker as your comfortable playing.... Get happy, have fun... Time will help.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put in 10 bucks freerolls are useless because of mtt structure everybody is allin

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put in 10 bucks freerolls are useless because of mtt structure everybody is allin

Comparing with low buy-in tourney there's almost no difference. I mean tourneys with a buy-in of $5 or less (with $10, you can't go higher). They are almost like freerolls, especially rebuy and turbo tourneys, everybody go all-in with anything. I play free tourneys everyday, I play 0.50 euro or 2 euro turbo rebuy tourneys as well. I find almost no difference between freerolls and low buy-in tourneys, as I said. People go all-in no matter what, sometimes it seems useless to raise to reduce players’ amount in the pot etc. It's a zoo, monkeys are everywhere. So I don't think depositing $10 can help him much. Sometimes, even in higher tourneys let’s say $15 buy-in you can find one who's pushing absolutely every hand and then making a rebuy. Of cause, it depends on what site you play at, on some sites torneys are less crazy and fishy. But generally low tourneys are like freerolls. The difference is negligible.

Last edited:
R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably what you should do is spend the majority of your time getting an education/getting a high paying job--work hard make money--do that first!!

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a very specific way you can play freerolls in which you have an advantage based solely on the fact that it will not be how you would play if you studied poker and sat down at an online or a live tournament you paid to play. The fact that there are so many freerolls available, especially if you are part of the freeroll club is how this idea can work. Play solid poker but take risks to build a stack and bully the dummies that are trying to play crappy hands.

If you can build a stack early then hunker down and get close to cashing you can start playing the poker you know and are learning. Many good players are trying to do the same thing as you are doing and yes it is difficult. I have gotten to 75 dollars from winning a $25 prize in a freeroll and lost it all... it sucks and it is difficult but poker is not for the faint of heart and you will learn this.

I have also taken long breaks from poker and come back to a clean slate and tried to use what I learned the last time I played and actually tried to build a bankroll.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying to build a bankroll just playing freeroll tournaments, okay, that's funny, but I've been studying poker daily and I do not have money for a first deposit, so playing that kind of tournament is my only option, but all the knowledge that I come accumulating is of no use, it is simply ineffective to apply all the concepts playing freerolls. I'm tired and sad, I love poker, but starting a bankroll from scratch is extremely stressful.
In your case it is not bad, even good. Because I had рaid sush more deрosits, that I could sрent in on exрensive travelling. It is sadly( Early or late luck will come to your and bankroll will aррear

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don't take offense with this, but this sort of sounds like the old "if only I played higher stakes where people respected my raises" argument. I'd much rather play against an extremely weak field than a bunch of semi/pros. If you're not final tabling freerolls at a pretty consistent rate, it's not going to get any easier as you move up in prize pools. Having loose/terribad players that are willing to stack off with garbage should be thought of as ATM machines. It's a lot more difficult to chip up if there aren't droolers who want to donate their stacks to you. Make sure you're identifying who the tight players are and who the mouth breathers are, and adjust your hand ranges accordingly, and keep on grindin'.

There is a big difference with regard to field and time level, usually freerolls are hyperturbo or turbo with huge filed.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your case it is not bad, even good. Because I had рaid sush more deрosits, that I could sрent in on exрensive travelling. It is sadly( Early or late luck will come to your and bankroll will aррear

This is really bad, but how are you now? I hope luck will even come haha

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably what you should do is spend the majority of your time getting an education/getting a high paying job--work hard make money--do that first!!

I'm about to graduate in materials engineering, poker will not be my only option for financial success, stay calm haha

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah, I've been playing a lot and studied a little, I'm trying to better organize my time, I really need to study more.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good is considered only the initial investment of funds in poker and not every time.
poker as a business. starting capital and take measures to develop it and not lose by stupidity, not complying with BRM.
and here everything depends on you. freerolls hard way but who said that in poker is easy money?

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me too im trying to make bankroll by playing freerolls...

P

PotPlucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been told by lots of serious poker players to not waste time playing freerolls. That the loose play is not real poker. Even so I have played many and cashed often. The point is the game is challenging at all levels. Beating a free-roll takes making the correct adjustments like the game at any other level. Sure it takes some luck to but that's required at any level in this game.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been told by lots of serious poker players to not waste time playing freerolls. That the loose play is not real poker. Even so I have played many and cashed often. The point is the game is challenging at all levels. Beating a free-roll takes making the correct adjustments like the game at any other level. Sure it takes some luck to but that's required at any level in this game.

Yes, poker depends on adjustments, I think it's possible to make money on freerolls, some guys already have done that, I want to get it too, I'm no longer in the zero, but I need more money to feel comfortable playing some sit & go 55c on ACR

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good is considered only the initial investment of funds in poker and not every time.
poker as a business. starting capital and take measures to develop it and not lose by stupidity, not complying with BRM.
and here everything depends on you. freerolls hard way but who said that in poker is easy money?

Yeah, I've already made a mistake in managing my bankroll, I realized one more mistake today, but that's life, to perceive the mistakes and to fix them as soon as possible

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I've already made a mistake in managing my bankroll, I realized one more mistake today, but that's life, to perceive the mistakes and to fix them as soon as possible
[emoji106] [emoji110] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the problem is the format it is not deep enough and thats why so many allins

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a big difference with regard to field and time level, usually freerolls are hyperturbo or turbo with huge filed.
Even if it's turbo/hyperturbo. It doesn't matter that much if you play a lot. It balances out in the end.
The Cardschat freeroll is regular speed. So try to get into that one! Goog luck!

B

badpaul8165

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
free rolls tired

I have been playing free rolls for years. I have read a tx hldm book about 25 years ago at the time I took notes and put them on sticky pad then posted them to the edge of my computer. I then played a ten thousand man free roll.. I followed my notes. I folded AA pp during the game 2 to 3 time being it lasted 10 hours I followed one concept the most U cant win money if your not in the money, I built my stack up with smaller pots but no all ins unless I had the nuts..All in pre flop before the money when your out chipped by 20x then I folded cause any hand can get lucky and as I noticed on line they do..You have to be patients.. I watch others play. I look at how fast they check fold etc then note things on table like who is calling or betting hard with 1 pair..or whom is betting with second pair..these are the ones I attack because when I get set two pair Hi pair hi kicker these are the ones your more likely to take there chips. Any way have won quite a few free rolls in my life time... One more tip play after ten pm pac. time you will notice the 10.00 free rolls have less players you can get to final table 2 - 1/2

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Expect to lose

I wish I could take my own advice, however, I exit almost every tournament on the river and still continue to optimistic right up to the end.
I estimate that there are at least 10% of the players in each (freeroll) tournament that couldn't give too hoots about playing well, they just gamble and hope to get lucky.
Guess I am only lucky in love. ;)

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been trying to build a bankroll just playing freeroll tournaments, okay, that's funny, but I've been studying poker daily and I do not have money for a first deposit, so playing that kind of tournament is my only option, but all the knowledge that I come accumulating is of no use, it is simply ineffective to apply all the concepts playing freerolls. I'm tired and sad, I love poker, but starting a bankroll from scratch is extremely stressful.

I don't want to sound harsh or whatever, but building a bankroll based solely on freerolls is such a stretch. I mean, a good bankroll for online microstakes is probably about 150-200$, and it can take forever to acquire that amount via freerolls.
Once you start playing CC freerolls, it becomes achievable but still a hard job to do.

Personally, would rather find a job, do it for a while and earn bankroll that way, then trying to make it through freerolls.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Big entry donkument freerolls are depressing and boring.
Make enough posts and join the Cardschat freeroll club, You will find these games more enjoyable.

Freeroll Passwords