How long did it take you to win your first Cardschat tournament?

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the СС freerolls, I only played on the PS and did not win first place yet. І won prizes, twice won 2nd place, once - third, but has not yet won the first. I played in these tournaments for several months. The first place is still ahead ....

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
By the way, i thought, on the CC website, there are statistics for the leaderboard. Some of the moderators who have access to it can sort for TOP players the number of hits on 3 pre-final tables and calculate in what percentage of cases they, having reached 3 pre-final tables, were able to reach TOP4 places...

If, for example, we take such a sample of statistics on TOP20 players from the leaderboard, then this will be reliable data over a long distance (many thousands of freerolls from CC). As a result, it would be possible to calculate a fairly accurate probability for a very good player to take the TOP4 prize places at least once if he participates in a certain number of freerolls from CC.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are also formulas by which you can calculate the required number of games, at which the frequency of getting into the TOP prizes will be determined with a predetermined probability.

For example, for someone, the result might be:

You need to play 700 tournaments in order to take with a 95% probability TOP2 places at least once. And the like, any data for any frequency and for any probability...

dom97

dom97

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Around 2 months and then I got lucky winning one of the ACR freerolls for $22. I then went on to reg a tournament and lost. ;)

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am only in on PS since a few days. I got twice in the money but not even on the final table. But I have a long way to go so I am happy with the results right now. Probably a chance on the German only tournaments with less player. ;)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Around 2 months and then I got lucky winning one of the ACR freerolls for $22. I then went on to reg a tournament and lost. ;)
Maybe it was a hasty decision to register for a new tournament.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it took less than a week for me to win the one on ACR.. Haven't finished first since.. Took third two days in a row last week.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see some new forum members coming in and becoming winners. Daily, monthly, or social media tournaments don't matter. So I was interested. How long did it take you to win your first Cardschat tournament?:icon_joke

I haven't won yet, but last Friday playing silver cardchart for the first time, I finished 15th. It was a 100 pokerstars freeroll, there were about 400 players:rolleyes:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can apply rough, but more advanced calculations...

We will assume that all participants have approximately equal probability of getting to the 3 pre-final tables: P1 = 27/250.

At these pre-final tables, the level of play of opponents will always be much higher. So, depending on what kind of player you think you are (mediocre, average or good), the probability of taking the first place will be different. Let's say for a mediocre P2 = 1/90, for an average P2 = 1/27, for a good P2 = 1/15.

P3 = (1-P1) + P1*(1-P2) = from 0.9928 to 0.9988

Then the probabilities to take first place at least once a year or at least once a month will be as follows:

P (year) = 1- (P3)^260 = from 27% (for a mediocre player) to 85% (for a good player).

P (month) = 1- (P3)^20 = from 2.4% (for a mediocre player) to 13.5% (for a good player).
Okay. Note that many successful players have never won. They admitted it in this thread. This calls into question your formula doesn't it?

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I haven't won yet, but last Friday playing silver cardchart for the first time, I finished 15th. It was a 100 pokerstars freeroll, there were about 400 players:rolleyes:

Congratulations. Being a winner needs not always the 1st rank. I once won a Pokerstars Freeroll, Cardschat to be in the paid ranks is an advantage, the tournaments are very slow and the most players play patiently and with care. Yesterday I got rank 17 in Cardschat freeroll after 3.5 hours. But I think these MTTs are good to improve your skills.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also decided to make a rough calculation of the probability of getting into the TOP4 at least once a month. The first 4 winners receive about 55% of the prize pool. If will be deal (equal), then each of them will receive almost as if he took the 2nd place.

The formulas will be the same as from the last post, but the probability of P2 will be 4 times higher.

Then, the probability of getting into TOP4 at least once a month with participation in 20 CC freerolls on PS with 250 participants will be:

9% for a mediocre player.

28% for the average player.

44% for a good player.
If a player constantly enters the prize area but does not reach the final table, they may also be more successful. Let's say a player who often gets into the top 30 or top 20 participants can earn the same amount of money or more than a player who once got to the final table, but because of the desire for risk, often gets eliminated at the beginning and middle of other tournaments. For example, today you got the first place, but during the week you took 200-100 places. Your middle seat will be in the middle. And there are players who are constantly in the top 30 players. Their average position will be higher than yours. Also, the game of bingo lottery starts when there are 20-30 players left. The level of all becomes equal. You should be lucky for two hours when everyone is just putting all in and your chances are about the same.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long did it take to win a cardchat tournament

It took about a month. About 8 tries.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've been a member since around April/May 20. Recently built up to Silver level and so have been playing the freerolls a bit more. I won 2 weeks ago the $300 for UK players. I've been really impressed and inspired by the standard of play.
At this point I need to make it clear, I played well to get to the final table, steady and took advantage of some spots, but then the final table, wow, I basically just couldn't miss.

The partypoker game tonight, I managed to land 3rd which I was over the moon with, but its a new level compared I'm used to playing. The play is so much tighter, but also more aggressive. Almost zero chips are given away.

I know what I'm doing poker wise, but struggle to keep focus usually, but playing with Cardschat is really helping my game, as its incentivising me to keep focused and play to a better level. I'm sure this honeymoon period will soon end and I'll be back to reality, but while it lasts I have to say I'm loving it.

Massive thanks for being here CC! :)

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I did not win yet, so still waiting for that but I was on the final table couple times.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
They stop me eliminating in the preflop ... I post-flop the game decently but they stop me putting each batbet..that sometimes makes me think that the software is fixed .. but I don't give up despite that and I will keep putting all my chips inside preflop with AA KK and AK. impossible to throw them preflopal at the beginning of a tournament ... and I think not in any phase of the tournament. It is true that the depts are going to put pressure on you and then the thing is to bend you with these hands or stay out ...

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not remember I have won many, playing with patience and well.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still waiting.....often in top10, but never as a winner. I think my luck is running out when i reach top 10.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Not yet but i think it`s gona be soon!I have mani FT but never that sweet 1st!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It took me about 10 years to win the cardschat tournament. I remember at first I was struggling to make money for a few cents.

Y

Yuliazak1985

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't won any tournaments yet, but I hope to win at least one tournament soon.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
nearly 3 weeks I think to win the freeroll on POKERSTARS and two and a half month to win the Sunday freeroll on 888Poker. :p

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I won the daily PS freeroll 6 months after joining CardsChat​

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still haven't won! I'm looking forward to entering the freeroll club

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been in for over a year and still haven't won one!! haha.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I Won the $100 ACR FREEROLL Tonight...

That may be only the 3rd one I have won in my 4 months here.

I won the bronze Interops Freeroll back to back in my first month, have not won that since....lol!

Oh well, All Great Fun!

Thank You CardsChat For All You Do For Us! & Best of Luck At The Tables All!

CheezeWiz