How long did it take you to win your first Cardschat tournament?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see some new forum members coming in and becoming winners. Daily, monthly, or social media tournaments don't matter. So I was interested. How long did it take you to win your first Cardschat tournament?:icon_joke

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
* still waiting to win my first ever cardchat tournament in stars *

However i did won (atleast) one 888 and unibet tournament earlier this year so it took probably like 2 years or so ...

Still i remember that recently someone came out with statement "after 10+ years here i am still waiting for first win" ...

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I still haven't won the first one but if I have been close several times, I have been second in at least two tournaments and third in one more. Victory is near

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won my 3rd tournament I do believe and a few others there after while I had a micro roll. This being said these tournaments are generally structured alot like turbos and they are freezeouts so they can be pretty hard to win just because of variance alone. I would say that it wouldn't be uncommon to play about 50-80 of them before you actually win one of them. There are some good players here in the freerolls for sure -- but there are also some folks who come in, post the minimum and specifically do what they need to do just to grind the freerolls -- and thats ok too but they are not interested in getting better usually - just the free games with smaller fields.

I may play one or two of them here soon just to see how well/poorly I do today compared to 1-2 years ago

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve never won one but have greatly enjoyed every one that I’ve played anyway :)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To be honest, I don't remember!

It certainly wasn't fast, my game needed a ton of work when I first arrived...

Have a fair few wins under my belt now though, including a Saturday weekly $300, a handful of platinum dailies and a Saturday 'all members' with 4,000 entrants... :biggrin:

If someone is new here and doesn't have a ton of experience, they'll probably be disappointed if they expect wins in their first month... :wink:

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it was my 3rd but I'm not sure.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not won it yet, unfortunately hahaha I know it is embarrassing but the truth is I lack even more discipline to put and apply each teaching

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see some new forum members coming in and becoming winners. Daily, monthly, or social media tournaments don't matter. So I was interested. How long did it take you to win your first Cardschat tournament?:icon_joke

I'm still waiting to win my first CC event. My closest call was 2nd place to the legend FreeRingo in the sunday $100 added on Black Chip Poker / America's Cardroom.

Always fun to play with the community, and maybe one day I'll land myself a victory :D

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven’t won yet but I’ve already made several final tables best position was 2 place

O

Ottohenrique 12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still played little, I didn't make it to the final table, I can't wait to win my first

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 3 months that i am on CC, a few days ago i arrived at the door of the last table on ACR, i finished tenth. But i already managed to win a pokerstars School Pass tournament. I do not despair. :D

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had some beginner's luck. I joined Cardschat in January and two months later, I binked the 888 Canadians freeroll on March 21.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't remember exactly, but I know for sure it didn't last long.Before it was not difficult to win a tournament, now new players have taken over the tournaments.It's very hard to play against them.I don't know how things are in the other rooms, I'm talking about PS.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
* still waiting to win my first ever cardchat tournament in stars *

However i did won (atleast) one 888 and unibet tournament earlier this year so it took probably like 2 years or so ...
Maybe PokerStars is a more complicated place. What do you think ?

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

one day i hope to answer your question, so far my best position has been in tenth place! iOUHE OIUHE OIAUHE AOIUE
success to all !! :p

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won my 1st frerroll cards chat 3 months after my integration. but in between time I won several places of 2nd and 3rd. these days i don't win my flips anymore. which removes me every time any luck to win another CC frerroll.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never won one and likely never will, since I am not allowed to play freerolls, where I currently live (sweden). At least not on those sites, who have a local license. I guess, I could play on unregulated sites like ACR or Betonline, but on ACR they run at 2am in the morning, so I think, I will continue to pass on that opportunity :)

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have't won yet, only a 3rd place (and it was the first I joined a CC freeroll), so I'm still waiting for that glorious moment.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I haven’t won yet but I’ve already made several final tables best position was 2 place
Sounds like you're a whisker away from your first, won't be long :wink:

Maybe PokerStars is a more complicated place. What do you think ?
Almost always bigger fields, which invariably means more better players, more maniacs and more between them... Probably more HUDs and this is before you approach the topic of Stars' magical three outers, two outers and river... :laugh:

I have never won one and likely never will, since I am not allowed to play freerolls, where I currently live (Sweden). At least not on those sites, who have a local license. I guess, I could play on unregulated sites, but they run at 2am in the morning, so I think, I will continue to pass on that opportunity :)
Hope your legislation changes soon, would love to see you in CC events, I imagine you're quite the poker deductionist! :icon_thum

Have't won yet, only a 3rd place (and it was the first I joined a CC freeroll), so I'm still waiting for that glorious moment.
Well that's a phenomenal start! Keep going, you'll get there... :congrats:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for players who have a good poker experience it will take several months after joining us :)

I won my first tournament about 3 months after the start :) This is just the answer to your question :) maybe lucky Lol

If you are a new player and you come here to learn and communicate, no problem, I would tell you not to think about winning every tournament, these are not the best thoughts in your head when you play. Enjoy the situation around and enjoy the game and the guys around, this forum is a great opportunity to do this :) If you do everything right, your level will grow pleasantly quickly, you will be surprised :) When you regularly get into the top 20 of the tournament, you can think about how to win your first victory :) good luck ;)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won my first ACR freeroll and then didn't win another one for a long time.

For BOL, I also won very early on. May have also been the very first one, but then also after then it took a while for number 2.

It's all about the magic online.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC Tournament

LOL Wish I could say I have won one but haven't yet. Been playing in these about a year and have made it to the final table several times but never have won one. Oh well I'll just keep on keeping on and one day I hope to say I won :))))))

GL All :D

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing I think for 6 months now on daily cardschat freerolls and my first few tournaments I played I was on final table finishing 2nd winning $15 and 3rd about $10.60 i think respectively one day apart but not won one yet.

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't won a Cardschat tournament yet because I barely played a tournament and also because I made a bad move that cost me a lot of chips. I hope to win a tournament in the future.
As for other tournaments, I only once made it to the final table of the many Pokerstars freerolls I played.