How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions? (Online)

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to make decisions very quickly or the game becomes a bore.

T

troymcjessy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of my decisions are instant. I rarely go over the original time bank into extra time. I take much longer live though

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually make a decision immediately. But sometimes in a hurry and make mistakes.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
accordingly to take decisions is very hardworking processes, for me it depends on hands and flop☝️

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the importance of the situation !!! If I have garbage on my hands the decision is made very quickly))) but if the map is good you need to think about how to play it better in a specific situation !!

N

Nuzarkhem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 seconds or so per hand is enough for me in MTTs. The time taken can increase dramatically if the decision is difficult (e.g. the pot is very large, and the blinds are pressuring everyone on the table) and if I need a deeper re-assessment of my opponent's play, trying to logically deduce the hands he might have, or to guess if he's bluffing or not.

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my hand. But I usually take between 5-7 seconds to make my decision.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Move quick and act fast, I hate it when people wait the clock, I understand some are multi-tabling but still it's annoying

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am exactly the same with my fellow players.

I

illind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't stand super slow players besides the fact that they give away their hands on occasion. I tend to play fast, but I mix it up to keep everyone on their toes!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Always play very deliberately that way even if you are winning money you are costing yourself $ per hour, very clever. And, of course pokerz isn't brain surgery, it's way more difficult than that. Slow down, that there is the ticket to success & wealth, s--------l--------o------w.

C

cjhanas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preferably, whether I call, raise, or fold, my timing is all the same so that my opponents can't get a read.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take as much time as I need. If I have pure junk I usually don't need much time, but if I have a marginal or good hand I think about how much I am willing to risk on each hand. If I play a bingo player I use a little more time to try and tilt them.:D:D

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I make most decisions fairly quickly (2 to 3 seconds). Even if I decide to stall (yes - once this year), the decision to stall was made quickly. Occasionally with difficult decisions, I may take a few seconds longer.

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually take just a couple seconds but sometimes I will tank to fool my opponent

L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I make my decisions relatively quickly but always take the same amount of time (5 sec) to go. I've been taking extensive notes when I run into a new situation and then read the notes in full once a week.

It may seem excessive but I want to consistently improve.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The acceptance of my decision depends on the chosen strategy, and on the game of opponents! I can make decisions quickly with different hands, but I can think the same hands in different ways. If the tournament, then at the initial stage I stick to one strategy, and in the middle stage I constantly change strategy.

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i would say it's just not same speed every time, there can be a lot of timing tells if you play with someone long enough or a newbe , i try to balance time it takes so that i keep my people im playing agenst guessing , say if guy always snap calls draws it is very easy to read in to that but let say you take some time to think about your hand in same spot he might think you have bottom pair and and are debaiting weather to fold flop or not.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on where we are in the game. For example, when I see the flop and I didn't hit any card. I fold quick. When I hit the river with a good hand but get 3Bet, I will think longer about it.

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually about 10 to 30 seconds

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on type of hand, how many players are involved. I had tendency with monster hand or nuts to respond to fast..stil working on that. somthing like 5 sec is ok i think

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recognize that this was a serious mistake that I had when playing poker online.
Already in several opportunities, playing MTT. In final tables or about to enter them.
I made bad decisions for the speed of my answer, maybe I was due to the fatigue of taking several hours playing. The truth is that the situation of the game, my position, my Stack, the Stack of the villain, etc., is not well analyzed.
* And made bad decisions lightly that have cost me dearly, for not taking my time and analyzing the situation well.

J

Joepie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Timing your actions is a crucial thing within poker. In live tournaments and cash games more than in online games. Making fast decisions can indicate a really strong hand and might influence your opponent’s decision. It’s a good thing to keep your timing consistent no matter the strength of your hand. That way you avoid you leak information regarding the strength or weakness of your hand.

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends on a situation, sometimes quickly sometimes long. But not less than 5-10 seconds. There are moments if I have the strongest hand, I think long, I include extra time. Rivals begin to think that I have a bad card. Some of them, after that, do reiz, some do call:):):)

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on line I usually don't take long at all but sometimes if its heads up I take a lil longer jus to try n throw them off a bit .. but I'm really not a procrastinator..i really hate when someone uses the extra time..