How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions? (Online)

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to make decisions very quickly! And I consider the chances and chances of opponents! I think haste there is nothing! It is necessary to play attentively!

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
know my play as soon as it's my bet. I have seen my card strength or weakness and know whatthe bet is. I have three basic choices, call , fold, or raise.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very quickly and I try to make the decisions before the timeout expires

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the times i act quickly but for cash games i try to take my time in the hands

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often make my decision very quickly, but when I am near to the bubble I take more time to play equal when I reached the final table. In many free ournaments you see players that go all in in many hands and I take all the time that I can .... I hate those type of players.

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like slow play. I am always playing very quick.

B

BGSelfMade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally take no more than a couple seconds to make my decisions. But lately since I've been working on my post game I'm trying to not just make Instinct decisions. Analyzing everything that is going on each street so now I'm taking a lot more time then I would usually

Sent from my LGLS775 using CardsChat mobile app

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a rule, I take the decision quickly. Well, when I want to confuse an opponent before the end time.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching which hand well sometimes I can make quick decisions...

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It varies from hand to hand obviously. usually its "easier" and faster to make decision when you play against opponent you dont know much about. So you basically play just odds. When I have some history with player and some reads, it can take longer time to make decision cause I consider more things than just probability.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the decision itself. If it is for my tournament life then i will obviously take some time to make my decision, but if it is a case where im risking 1/3 or more of my chips on a decision that isnt +ev then i normally make the decision (which would be a fold in this instance) quite quickly, no need to drag out obvious decisions. A lot of variables would determine how long you take tbh, the player you're up against, how deep you are in the tournament (if it is a tournament), the blinds, your position, stack size, etc etc

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it all depend on where I am in the tourney and if it for all my chips

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
‚well not to long 10 seconds juste sometise 30 seconds...

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always different, it all depends on the specific situation.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to periodically alternate the duration of a pause when playing at the same table. When there are a lot of tables - it does not really matter, because players change very often and make conclusions about the strength of the opponent's hand on this basis is meaningless.

L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions?

For me it all depends on how many concurrent games I'm playing. In a best case scenario I like to be consistent (6 seconds) no matter the difficulty of the decision. I like to do this so one can't tell what I'm thinking

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on which poker phase I am.
In the beginning and in the middle I leave myself only a few seconds, especially when I tend to fold.
At the end of an MTT at Finaltisch I try to give me ca. 20 seconds.

Why you would wait 20 seconds? Do you want to be consistent? tilt players? waste time so blinds get bigger and put short stacks in trouble?

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends. Ideally I try to plan ahead and be consistent and action in 3-5 seconds but sometimes a card peels off that I am not expecting it or the villain does something out of ordinary which makes me to think more.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on your situation. It's complicated :D

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly 3-5 seconds. Usually I have decided my next move before my turn to move.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make decisions quickly if it's a simple tournament. In other cases, I can think.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make decisions pretty quickly, but sometimes there are times when I need time for mathematical calculations

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty quick except when I am almost going to get paid and I need a few more players to be out. Then I use all the time I have even if I am folding the hand.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the situation that was prevailing, but some times,

quickly:_)))