How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions? (Online)

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing as I make decisions based on position and range, its pretty quick.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well , it depends on the game and the stage of the blinds/my stack . If it's the premier league I always need some time on every hand to think my next move ;) haha .

Seriously , If it's the early stages of a tournament , I make the decisions at once , later with the stack low and the blinds/antes up I find difficulties so I need more time , or should I say the time I have is not enough many times and I take . But now I am searching for some ways to improve my gameplay so as to need less time at the later stages .

J

joshtheking1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time i am quick with my descisions but if it alot of chips at stake it takes me a little longer to caculate my chances

Claude Chiasson

Claude Chiasson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually i'm taking a decision rapidely. It depend also of the bet the opponent do.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I need 3-5 seconds, but there are cases that time is not enough.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My decisions in ring games are almost immediate . In a multi table tourney I will take my time if the bubble ( or pay jump increase ) is near . With a small , even average stack ,I often need time to watch the actions of the short stacks on other tables . Also , every blind and ante may count , and stalling can save one or two at a crucial time . If its hand for hand play I proceed at a normal pace .

B

Booyah777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should probably take more time then I do. I tend to act to quick and make mistakes.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before each raise I make the decision to call or raise or allin if he bet or flat cal etc. Always make my decision of my hand before bet raise or call.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally move quickly, but, then again, I try not to be real consistent, if you know what I mean.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of those topics that can tilt people very easily, I can usually make all of my preflop decisions fairly quickly. I may take slightly longer if it is late in a MTT where I am trying to take ICM into consideration, This is not 1 of my strongest areas as I have just recently switched to a MTT player. I always quickly attempt to calculate pot odds if I have a drawing hand or if I think I might be up against a draw. Even some of my most difficult decisions are easily made in the time allowed, the only time I ever have a time issue is if I am mult-tabling and I am getting myself a cup of coffee. LOL:angel:

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longest I have ever taken was about 45 seconds that was when I was looking at odds of cards beating me and risk of calling in a bigger tourney However on a live table was 3 minutes lol ended up catching my straight flush on the river as well for the win :)

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why you would wait 20 seconds? Do you want to be consistent? tilt players? waste time so blinds get bigger and put short stacks in trouble?
I do it because I want to avoid hasty decisions. And once again think about what the other may have for a hand.
And use the time to become cooler and not to tilt.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I make a decision quickly, but sometimes there are situations when you need to sustain a pause, for example when I limp with a strong hand

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do the same. First quickly and then by circumstance.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing for beginning poker players is to realize that bet-timing behavior can influence your opponent's actions. When you start playing regularly, it is important to not act too quickly or you risk giving away important information about your hand.

I think that it is correct not to adapt the time of reflection to the strength of the hand.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally make a decision within 10 seconds, but there are certain circumstances like being on the bubble with pocket 10's and someone is raising you all in after the flop (queen deuce 9) I would most likely use the time bank and really think it through. Mostly though within 10 seconds

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation. In an all-in, I think about longer times whether I call and think about the bet behavior of the opponent. But average 5-10 sec.

A

Azay79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like read the posts in this thead thx to this site)

AlioJay321

AlioJay321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play 1 table(im beginner, yes) so i have much time for choice, but i make decision quickly(10-15 sec)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to make too fast raise on the flop and not make too fast 3-bets. The standard time interval is 5-10 seconds before each decision. In online poker nobody cares if you take a few extra seconds.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually make quick decisions, but as in all cases, there are situations where we should take a few seconds to think and clarify ideas.

AlioJay321

AlioJay321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to make too fast raise on the flop and not make too fast 3-bets. The standard time interval is 5-10 seconds before each decision. In online poker nobody cares if you take a few extra seconds.
Are you sure? I think a few extra seconds are very important sometimes..

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree, there is a lot of MTT player who does not notice anything.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure? I think a few extra seconds are very important sometimes..

A player who plays several tables is unlikely to notice a delay in time. If a HUD program is installed, the players are mostly based on it. In case the opponent plays 1 table - then the delay will be visible, he can get some information from this.