How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions? (Online)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Usually I have to be fast, because I play in a media of 4 games at the same time. Less than 10 seconds.

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all comes down to how well you know your opponent and where exactly you are in a tournament. I try to keep all my turns under 10 seconds unless it's a very important tournament with high risk/high reward all-in situation where I might even need my time bank! Just know that time can be your friend but also your enemy if not used properly.

S

Sandra113

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to anger my opponents, so I think for a long time

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to anger my opponents, so I think for a long time

In a cash game you only end up losing all the players at your table. In a tournament you're killing yourself as well as the rest of your table with slow play. Not very smart.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the game is very time consuming with the extra time and many players use the time just to see if they enytram in the game awards and this is very time consuming, who knows how to play does not need even 10 seconds.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's an interesting subject because often we don't take much time to think before deciding, Iand I think that extra time affect our decisions, I make decisions relatively fast, like 10 secs max I guess

I

Ioscu Ion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on my hand.
And from bluffing.
But basically do not think for a long time))

lourivalveras

lourivalveras

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time is a interesting factor to analyse your opponents and your actions. Some coleagues uses time to "enter the mind" of the other players and get some bluffs. But the best way to make profitable poker is playing by (position/range) and not trusting in much of a luck.

M

mstefanos666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't take much time unless my hand wins for sure and someone else is in continuation bet. Most of the times taking time shows that you are not very sure for your hand and this makes the opponent betting and sometimes goes all-in! :)

B

Brasil Storm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
making decisions

i realize that not a time limit but rather analyze hand correctly

every hand and a case was part ....:rolar os olhos:

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a pre set time for plays, just to camouflage flush draws .... because it is very visible calls or quick checks.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best not to hurry, usually about every 20 seconds, good luck

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm shortstack then near into ITM, I will use more more time so the dealing orbit will take too long before me. If I have a good or big stack I will act quickly so the shortstack will grind faster.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very quicy, about 5 seconds, But depending how is stake on table and if I have good hand then maybe 10-15 seconds.

Last edited:
froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually very quickly, if I am getting short stacked near the bubble I will draw it out a bit to buy time. but not every hand.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on which poker phase I am.
In the beginning and in the middle I leave myself only a few seconds, especially when I tend to fold.
At the end of an MTT at Finaltisch I try to give me ca. 20 seconds.

I usually think for a long time, although this is not always the right decision :(

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play only one table at a time, I usually make preflop decisions quickly because you get that extra time if you are not the first to act...I don't like to use time to throw opponents off and disguise my hands. I often know what I will be playing after the flop, so if nothing hits, I fold quickly. For the turn and river, it may take a little longer to analyse opponents' play.

E

EvE2K

Believe me, it can be a hard decision in any moment of the game. Sometimes at the earlier stages of the game it,s really hard to understand what to do with the hand. Of course usually i make decisions really fast, especially if this is a freeroll game. But if this is some important - sure you can activate your time bank and take some time to think about the hand.

Antulio francis

Antulio francis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time to think is very important to pass information to opponents because if you take a short time to make a decision you pass information that your hand can not be very good or yes usually if you have a good hand to play you A time to take the best choice and this will make your opponent also think because you took a decision that when seeing him could be easy so think before making a decision is very important so always think long before making a decision gl to all

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on which poker phase I am.
In the beginning and in the middle I leave myself only a few seconds, especially when I tend to fold.
At the end of an MTT at Finaltisch I try to give me ca. 20 seconds.

I always make decisions very quickly depending on the strength of my hand, I don't know maybe it's not right

yujiizumi

yujiizumi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make decisions very quickly, but depends. Sometimes 5 seconds or 10 seconds.

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take the time needed for each type of hand, but I tend to be quick. In the bubble I take longer, think more and hope more opponents fall.

M

MoorsT10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there some kind of strategy to take time? I'm playing super super fast but i don't know it's a good way to play.

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I react quick usual before the beep comes rarely i spend more time than that