How to handle bully on your right?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what i do is i either get extremely aggressive towards him/her when i have a premium starting hand . OR i slowplay it . try to hit a set and let him/her bet it all until the turn or river and then push in

you have to play tight and be patient against maniacs and then when you hit you have to be aggressive . and dont be scared of them and be aware that often high pair is good enough against them if they are betting a lot every hand they play

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the player to your right at the table is the chip leader at the table, and every hand you enter, he raises, or bets all your chips, what to do?
Against an aggressive player, even more so being the chip leader at the table, the only solution is patience and waiting for a good hand.
And one thing I've learned over these years playing mainly freerolls is not to try to bluff this type of player, it's no use, if he has any draw he'll call until the end, the only solution is to wait for a strong hand and hope he doesn't get a bed beat, which seems like against players like that it always happens to hit his card on the river.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You wait for a good hand and catch a bully for a raise. Or you enter into a dialogue with him and ask him not to do so.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really depends how loose and aggressive they are being, but as a general rule of thumb you need to be prepared to ramp up your aggression as well. If he's getting wildly out of line, trying to run over the table, you can 3-bet him very widely forcing him to fold a lot and allowing you to rake in his chips. Him being to your right is actually a major advantage to you as the only time he has position on you in when you're in the SB, meaning you get to see what he does every time (except preflop when you're UTG vs his BB).

DON'T be passive - that is exactly what he's targeting. Put him on the back foot by 3-betting more aggressively with a polarised range and getting out the way with those marginal hands that will often be dominated.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
just wait for a big hand, and re-raise him. Look that a big hand is not a premium hand, but if come a premium hand you may do a slow play even.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
wait for a great hand and take all the chips from him

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If he's on your right (except when you're smallblind), the bully should be you!

haha It was a joke, but with a background of truth!
But like everything in poker, the answer is it depends.
There's always that deepstack to put pressure on us.
However, I would say that being on his left would be better than simply going in with the premium hand in this situation (for me).

I still believe that patience is the greatest virtue of a good poker player!

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U need to tighten up, and be very agressive. I would recommend u to have a tight and polarized 4-bet shove range. If he is being very loose on his raises, u can even loosen up ur 4bet range, but be careful cause he have good odds for calling ur shoves.
If it's ITM already, be very tight.

denisthemenys

denisthemenys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This it’s part of the game strategy you can chose to be more aggressive or to play your tipe of playing waiting for the premium card’s to react

H

Heeeymonyyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for good cards and the u push all in

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play tight untill you get a hand and double up on him.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the ICM and the villan. If the villan raises every hand or if he folds to any resistance then you can 3 bet them wider. If they are shoving every time you can just Nash call them. Poker is a game of equilibrium if they are doing something too much there is always a counter.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Give me your chips !!!!!!!!!!!!
by folding too much preflop
calling and folding too many flops
And (MY FAVORITE )being patient and then shoving preflop So I can quickly fold and get back to stealing your blinds
get privy to that?
I'll just switch gears and you'l crash dummy yourself

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guess you mean the player to your left, because the player to your right cant raise you, unless you open UTG, and he is BB. The answer is, that you tighten up and only play hands, you are willing to stack off with. And this should be wider than your normal stack-off range, since you assume, he is raising with basically any two cards. You can also open shove a bit deeper than normal. On a normal table you might min-raise, until you are something like 13BB deep, but with a "chip bully" on your left you start open shoving from 17BB. Finally you can stall the action and hope, that either you or he get moved to another table. The point is to take the play away from him one way or another.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Be patient and have confidence in yourself. If you have cards that are worth playing then raise a bit higher than you would otherwise make. But you shouldn't limp at all, it's either fold or raise.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
the player to your right at the table is the chip leader at the table, and every hand you enter, he raises, or bets all your chips, what to do?
If the villain is to your right that means you can see anything the villain 🦹‍♀️ Does so make your Decisions dependent on what he dose. That’s just my opinion.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient and have confidence in yourself. If you have cards that are worth playing then raise a bit higher than you would otherwise make. But you shouldn't limp at all, it's either fold or raise.
Its somewhat unclear to me, if OP mean 3-bet, when he say raise. But yeah open limping is not a thing (except from SB), chip bully to your left or not. The main point is to plan ahead. If we expect, there is a very high chance to get 3-bet, and we dont want to call that 3-bet, then we should not enter the pot in the first place. This can be due to a "chip bully" behind us, but also other factors like several players with perfect reshove stacks.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Of course, the chip leader puts constant pressure on the table, but he certainly doesn't want to lose money and advantage. However, one must remember about its wide range. And having received a good hand, you should not miss your chance and it is better to expose to the maximum. With a different style of play, you will be crushed.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is important to be patient against these types of players, if you raise every hand this would make you an aggressive player. You just have to wait for the right moment to defend yourself

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pay full attention to them. They may win a few chips, but like chess, always be are 3/4 moves ahead.
Bullies prey on fear, adjust your range. Play back at them and 3/4 bet.
Table talk, they hate it, wind them up, ask them questions, critique their play.
Don't be scared to fold, don't let your ego get in the way of rational decisions. Again, even if you lose some chips here & there to them, let them think, they can bully you, be 3/4 moves ahead, then boom.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it is best to be patient, and not to pay is preferable to play 3bet

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
MmS we can see these players frequently; At the beginning of the tournament trying to get in there with a strong hand will make you more comfortable; after 2 3 4 hours of tournament villain should play well and avoid it and a great play

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only play with good hands and make a 4 bet or shove preflop with a strong hand. also be patient if you are near the bubble and wait for a very strong hand like aces or kings to shove against these player.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands