How do you play when you're chip leader ?

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
When I am the chip leader in a tournament i play more aggressive and try to steal blinds and build more my chips, but in two final tables i stop doing that and play only good hands.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I play the most flops, but always with caution and putting pressure on those with the least chips

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
When i`m chip lead my game is getting more aggressive. I try go flop with any card, reraise more and bluff too.

E

edle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
Without any doubt more aggressive, however sometimes it causes some silly loses.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone thinks that becoming chip leader means they have lot of options but what they don't realise is that it will certainly make u play quite loose and eventually bleed chips faster than they anticipated at the table

So speaking from experience
Just refrain yourself from getting into complicated spots and open hands with position
Still keep playing tight but with bit wide range
And don't make it to too wide as well

Try to focus more on stealing blinds and antes with minimum raises with good hands on position

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
you cab play far nmore hands when you are chip leader , putting pressure on the smaller stacks or to the tighter players at the table . not that it happens often to me to be the chip leader , but i have seen others how easily they build a stack , then how they behave in the later hands , many times giving bad beats to others with some crazy calls or decisions

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to be more aggressive

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
sadly like almost everyone I do the same mistake and I try to play much more hands and combinations at usually , I lose focus and I call almost everyone ...sadly :)

M

misshailz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
unfortunately i am often more careless when i have a lot of chips . i will call in spots where it would be better to fold and i will also reraise aggressively more often etc. even though it is not necessary . and i will play more hands

i am trying to change that

i actually made a thread about this lately

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/do-you-become-too-careless-in-502316/
Yes this is something I do and I have been making a change recently. I do a lot better when I play more patiently and keep the same style of play.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try not to get sucked into losing chips needlessly. Push the table about when possible. It depends on the table and position in a tournament. In a satellite you may need to keep pushing in chips to keep within the top 10 etc. At a final table you may need to wait for good cards.

T

tawanagates

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
As the chip leader, I adopt a more aggressive strategy by widening my hand range, aiming to open two hands per table orbit. In response to a 3-bet with a weak hand, I fold, but if my hand is strong, I escalate the aggression with a 4-bet to exert maximum pressure on deep-stacked opponents.
Pikashow for pc

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i'm chip leader i'm still playing focus on the game, maybe a little more agressive but calmly wait for my chance to get more chips.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on many things but for example, if I am a chip leader and the rest of the players at the tables do not have enough chips to affect my stack I can play a little more aggressively, but if there are some players who have a stack similar to mine that could affect me a lot so I try to be more careful, also with more chips I can enter more plays and I can risk a little more