do you become too careless in your play when you are big stack ?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
often when i am big stack i call more hands and am more pointlessly aggressive etc. and am too careless aka "i have a lot of chips anyway i dont care lol" :D

what about you ?

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, it happens to me a lot.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have that habit by the count. But I am expanding the range of opening and calling against loose players with a large stack..

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The vast majority of players, when they accumulate large amounts of chips at the beginning of the tournament, find themselves unbeatable, so they start playing a lot of hands, especially in freeroll tournaments where the fild is usually weak, consequently these players almost always don't reach the final table or worse they never come to the money. But each one plays the way they want, some looser, others tougher. "Each head is a sentence":)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Heheh it happens to me more often than it should ... I trust myself and play more hands ..:D

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stay focus, don't just spew chips very hard to get big stack, be player dependent not by stack dependent

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well….I would explain it a bit more like this:
yes, as a big stack I start to open up my starting range and play more hands…..and Yes, sometimes it turns out like a careless play 😉

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Stack management is an art.With a large number of blinds,different tricks are available to you: resteal and 4bet bluffs,calling in position and playing speculative hands and small pairs.Simply put,just show your best poker.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes indeed I turn into a maniac and often lose it all. Trying to change though

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also make this kind of mistake. When I win a big pot, I often open with a very loose range or bluff too much.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think almost everyone makes this mistake :), unfortunately yes ... that's kind of what happens

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yh i do this quite a bit, but i'm a lot less reckless than i used to be

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have such a problem. But in KO tournaments on any pair I can do All-in

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having filled a large stack, I gain self-confidence, and then I take and merge everything in the distribution with 99, where the oponent is given a set on the pocket

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes with large stack you can make more mistakes, so you can play more hands

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
often when i am big stack i call more hands and am more pointlessly aggressive etc. and am too careless aka "i have a lot of chips anyway i dont care lol" :D

what about you ?

Lol I have exactly the same thing:confused:, but at the same time I have more confidence;)

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Probably. Play to many weak starting hands and pretty soon your big stack isn't so big anymore. Once in a while you hit it but most of the time you don't.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

what about you ?

I play aggressively (according to my game baseline) no matter how big my stack is!

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

what about you ?
It is a form of tilt, the less common variety but tilt nevertheless. I used to do it until the day I realized I was destroying my chances of winning. I would get complacent after I caught a few draws and won hands and think that I couldn't miss, which was not the case.
I had to recognize that every hand is an entity unto itself and what happened in previous hands has no bearing on the new hand. Once I recognized that and changed my play I started being more consistent in my results. I still do it occasionally but no where near as often as before.

Jim
;)

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As I learn poker more and more and as I get big stacks more and more I DO tend to be more and more aggressive and I think with my style of playing it has helped me more than hurt me, especially if I have been at the same table for a long time and other have been paying attention. I am a fairly tight player, so when they see me being aggressive they normally respect my play. Another great thread!! Thanks

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play less tight when the stack is exceptionally high. I try to use the advantage effectively.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a little more aggressive when I have a bigger chip stack and then the bullying starts against the table at which I'm seated at

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
careless play

Like most when I am have the big stack of course I will play some hands and take a few more chances then if I was short stack on the table. Having enough chips allows me to as well call some of the "bingo players" who raise most every hand.

Good Luck All! :D