yep and my stack in big tournament was eaten by blinds

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately

unfortunately already. for being very tired. but the tournament I was hoping for was after I had more than 14 hours playing. when the long awaited tournament arrived it was already exhausted. and I felt impaired lying so

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens sometimes in the morning, when I wake up early and register for a Tournament, but still need some sleep. I sllep, timebank wakes me up, I sleep again, and when I wake up, I am sitting out. But it's only freeroll, so no problem.

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, but it does lower my performance when I'm tired

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No!
No , I have never feel asleep while playing poker
BUT, I have gave up on games cause i was to tired and done some commacozie play lol
its Double up or go to bed :)

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL....Many times! The next day I wake up and think that could have been the game to change everything...:)
Seriously though it sucks especially when it is a nice GTD and you fall asleep going deep.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi !!! :ciao:
no no never did that (yet) lol

blond.jpg

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and was blinded out at final table.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. But understand.

Some of the tournaments that I have played in have gone wwwaayyy longer than I ever expected. Deep into the night. So I understand.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Didn't happen to me, I had times when I was awake for 30-40 hours. It's not easy, it's not pleasant, but it can be done.

I don't think a game of poker would last more than 16 hours at a time.
If you know you have a long game, prepare ahead and get sleep before the start time.
The reason people fall asleep is because they get used to going to bed at that hour. It's adaptation, internal clock. Melatonin starts pumping.
If you know you go to bed usually at 22 PM but you will play poker at that time then you will have a hard time.

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes did it several times before. when entering in a tourney when I first wake up and guess I didn't have enough sleep..So now If I didn't get enough sleep the nite before I don't get in it. And I too fell asleep with like 16 people left ..crazy ..but it can happen.:eek::p

Hootz

Hootz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
:biggrin: reading this thread was too relatable! I've dozed more times than I'd like to share :rofl: sadly lol. but I'm never playing anything high stakes, just freeroll. I always feel bad for the other people at my table tho in case me afk gets annoying.
Sometimes I just get too comfy.. and stoned :stoned: :canabis: lol. Or a game will end up lasting insanely longer than expected sometimes.
I assumed I wasn't the only one who'd fallen asleep at a table before, it's funny thinking about how many people might be sleeping during any one event! :laugh: :sleep:
:goodnight:

S

Sabrinaamoura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

yes when people think a lot to play. Lol

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only ever fallen asleep a couple times.. Usually if Im getting that tired I go all in with my 72 lol

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spent many, some starting a tournament, others finishing and worst of all, at the final table, the next day I had to pass the bitter drink laughing after what happened.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always try to sleep well before night session, so i was sleepy sometime but no too strong

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late

Yes i have fallen asleep on the break and when I heard the cards being dealt I wake up

C

Crisscross

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider sitting out

This happened to me last month, after 5 1/2 hours playing a 2500 players tournament I was 13tha and being woken by the timebank each hand, I considered just sitting out and seeing how long I lasted, I was already in the money but found myself holding pocket aces so shoved anyway! got knocked out by someone holding 2, 5 - they flopped a boat!!! :mad:

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, falling asleep during a tournament is like falling asleep in a car.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoa, never had that happen. I have wanted to fall asleep while the clock ticked down waiting on others to play, but was able to stay fully awake . . .

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, it’s like letting your baby alone for a week

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AHAHAHA HELL YEAH..... funny stories..

altho not quite felt sleep... just like.. very short time... almost 1 round... and missed my turn =P

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I want to sleep, I either go all-in or turn off my laptop. Why torture yourself? If there is a long game ahead, I sleep before the start.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone, have you ever fall a sleep during the game? Last night i was running game of my life... had great bounty, a lot of chips, ready to finish at first 3 places and take sirius money... but when it was 5 min break i fall a sleep. Did u have same experience?

I never fall a sleep when I play. I sleep enough, do not play big tournaments .

Top 10 Games