A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes for sure frustration is part of poker.......and i understand your feeling but we have a lot of different poker players onnline and its very hard to listen all the time what will happen

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember, no matter what, no matter the run out, the runner, runner … on line is not rigged!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, I have experienced such a situation, but is one of the many different situations, we deal with. Don't stack to one of them, poker is maths, is a suquence, there are many situations bad and good. The key is to identify them and take as much as you can from both!:joyman:

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When this happens try to steal blinds from SM or BTN as often as you can to stay ahead of the blinds. Don't get involved in big hands though

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who doesn't get angry about that? But unfortunately it is part of the game, because sometimes we are giants at the beginning of the tournament but the other players are growing and starting to get closer and when we realize we are already worse than 30 minutes ago or some level increases.

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with you. It's part of the game

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get bored then and start playing stupid hands that I would normally never play. I am trying not to do that in hopes the cards change

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, several times more is part and follows the game!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Some people think that if you manage to be the chip leader at the start of a tournament, you've already won half the tournament. But most of the time you will lose everything again very quickly, on the contrary, because you were too careless. I used to be told when the chip leader was supposed to put more pressure on me, but the result was that I always lost to some junk hands. Now I'm just trying to keep playing like I did at the beginning and try to get further in the tournament. And if the poker gods aren't against me then it works to some extent lol. But good luck and bad luck are both part of poker and both can lead to you adjusting your game accordingly and in both cases this will not have a happy ending.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone else getting super frustrated when starting out a poker tournament on a great note and winning hands and accumulating big stack but then out of nowhere drawing dead every time..?

Accumulating a "big stack" does not necessarily mean that you're playing well. It could be you're playing aggressive and just hitting hands against calling station who are just giving you chips. Then when your luck runs out so do your chips. Go back and examine your hands or ask some folks about what you're doing.

LOL I didn't notice that I had responded to this so I'll add that something that you need to pay attention to when playing those draws is whether you're getting the right odds/price to go for draw.

I see too many times where folks are calling folks with a draw and their opponent's stack is not large enough to make it worth calling a hand to go for draws so folks need to recognize when they should be going for it and when they shouldn't by how much they could win from their opponent and how much its going to cost them to go for the draw.

Last edited:
nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone else getting super frustrated when starting out a poker tournament on a great note and winning hands and accumulating big stack but then out of nowhere drawing dead every time..?
Don't get hung up on session results. I know it's hard, but if you can do it, it will be easier for you to mentally challenge yourself in poker. Just don't get hung up on the results of one session.Any results from one particular session mean nothing. This information has almost no effect on the overall. It doesn't matter if you played a day in plus, minus or zero. It doesn't matter how many stacks you've lost since your pick. This information should in no way influence your decision to continue playing or not. In the end, such thoughts negatively affect your game. Some, being in a small plus, begin to play too conservatively, others, on the contrary, lose self-control, by flooding or winning a few stacks. As long as you think about how much you have won or lost, you will never play better.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No - this is part of the game - you have to manage your emotions regardless of the cards you are dealt. Sometimes you can start out getting no playable hands in any position for long periods while you see 60% VPIPers chiping up with crap holdings, getting lucky. You just have to stay in a good frame of mind and play your game.

I like the saying - can't remember who said it - if you maintain the average stack size or close to it throughout the entire tournament - you will always place 1st or 2nd. Something to consider.

Last edited:
Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am never disappointed. But I try to draw conclusions for myself so as not to repeat the mistakes made in the future. I plan to play poker for the rest of my life, so I'm in no hurry, but I'm methodically improving my skills and planning my actions, step by step, to achieve my long-term goals.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frustration: again set over set …… live tournament. …

Twice this summer????/

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
super frustrated is not enough, it makes many super frustrated, it even looks like that party you were invited to and no one comes to talk to you and when you arrive to talk, everyone leaves

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No - this is part of the game - you have to manage your emotions regardless of the cards you are dealt. Sometimes you can start out getting no playable hands in any position for long periods while you see 60% VPIPers chiping up with crap holdings, getting lucky. You just have to stay in a good frame of mind and play your game.

I like the saying - can't remember who said it - if you maintain the average stack size or close to it throughout the entire tournament - you will always place 1st or 2nd. Something to consider.

Are you sure about this?

"If you maintain the average stack size or close to it throughout the entire tournament - you will always place 1st or 2nd."

Because if you are it would be "Something to consider" and not give up after the first bad beat.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When you play poker,you should feel pain and frustration.There are many examples of pain in poker,but we must understand that many of them are beyond our control.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
yes, it is frustrating, in my case it has happened to me a lot, but this is when patience must be paramount and also the fact of having a good reading of the other players can help you take advantage of those mistakes that you can see in them

b0bo

b0bo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, it is frustrating, in my case it has happened to me a lot, but this is when patience must be paramount and also the fact of having a good reading of the other players can help you take advantage of those mistakes that you can see in them
Accurate 100%

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracski220

Actually, I have made big stacks early and then drawn dead all the way to the final table, but have been able to play stack and position to keep accumulating chips, without hands.
Code:

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure about this?

"If you maintain the average stack size or close to it throughout the entire tournament - you will always place 1st or 2nd."

Because if you are it would be "Something to consider" and not give up after the first bad beat.

I don't understand your reply - except for the question. Yes - I'm entirely sure of this point; If you maintain average stack through the entire event - you will always place 1st or 2nd. LOL It's kind of a funny, but 100% logically accurate statement. :icon_thum

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes i do, it happens all the time with me, i don't know how to use high amount of chips.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't Look at the Results Yes, this is the most obvious way to stop worrying about your short-term results. Just don't look into them. But easier said than done. Yes, and sometime you still have to look at the balance in order to understand whether you are winning or not. However, if you think about it, daily results, or even weekly results, do not really mean anything. Anything (both good and bad) can happen in such short periods of time, so following these results will be tantamount to reading tabloids about celebrity scandals. You just don't need to know! And there are hidden benefits to ignoring this useless information. You'll be much less likely to tilt on bad results, and you'll also protect yourself from playing too carelessly on good results. This will allow you to focus only on the things you can really control in poker, which is making the best decisions in every single hand. If you've never done this before, then I recommend starting small. After the next session played, just don't look at the balance. Nothing bad will happen to you, you will not die.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part of a tournament is to finish it off. Many times you have to remember that you had a good run initially to get that far. It’s often the case of being card dead in the latter stages. That’s the game unfortunately.