Freebuy or Freeroll

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freebuy recently gaining popularity. And you know, I really like them. :)
It is possible to enter the bubble with a playable stack ignoring the early stage of the tournament. And you can collect the stack without investing anything. Which way to choose-it's up to you.
Freeroll in turn afraid of precisely early stage. A lot of crooked hands in the draw.

And what form "free" do you like and why?

I have no problem with rebuy. Just if the price is very small. Because then it ruins the competition.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A freebuy IS a freeroll obv... same thing. Nobody says you have to rebuy and actually pay money into the prize pool. I'm a notorious cheapskate, I'll play every freebuy I see but I'll never put money in... so for me there's no difference, they're just a freeroll... and yeah I understand there may be differences in how the field plays, but I don't care about that, I just play poker and (classic cliche alert!) let the chips fall where they may. :D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both, very, very seldom do I rebuy.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I thought it meant the same at the beginning, but I think that freerolls will always be freeroll, for me they are freebuy, because every time I play freerolls I never have the habit of buying back. from 1 dollar to 5.50 but never more than that. 5.50 is my limit but I prefer the 1 dollar even if I don't earn them
but I will follow him ... giving I will never give up.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer Freeroll, in Freebuy I never pay a rebuy.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freebuy short stack is way too insane. Prefer a freeroll especially if you start with 50 or more blinds.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls without rebuy.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Bro! It all depends on the strategy. I prefer freerolls. Recently, I started to play them well, and get into the prizes. At the moment, my goal is not to nest the cache. Freeroll games give me the opportunity to practice my hands, apply strategies that I see and read. This does not mean that freebie is bad - on the contrary, you need to try something new and apply it in your strategy. I'll keep an eye on you. I wish you a good game.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freebuy or not to Freebuy is`that even a question. Freeroll or Freebuy it really isnt a place to spend to much time if you indeed want to improve. On the other hand if it's simply entertainment then jump in and enjoy them both.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In general, it does not affect me if a tournament is freebuy or not, if I lose I have no interest in making a rebuy, for me it does not make sense to do a rebuy in a free tournament, but many people do it, each person has a different way of see things

D

DisizDez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The difference between Freeroll and Freebuy is that Freebuy has a $ Rebuy.

I don't like tournaments with Rebuy.

me either takes forever and people play reckless when the know they can get back in

D

DisizDez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible to enter the bubble with a playable stack ignoring the early stage of the tournament. And you can collect the stack without investing anything. Which way to choose-it's up to you.
Freeroll in turn afraid of precisely early stage. A lot of crooked hands in the draw.

i agree that the begining is a crapshoot if you go all in and win a couple then your good to go.
and i only like free buys when i got some change.....Ya Dig?

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freeroll more than freebuy.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the freeroll as I don't spend on rebuys.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always prefer playing freerolls over freebuys, however if you have enough cash to make rebuys freebuy tournament can be a good opportunity to win money without risking much of your bankroll.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rebuy no value added.. makes MTT longer time-wise

Unless the re-buy($) is added to the prize total, it adds no value, just makes the time involved to play out the MTT that much longer and drawn-out.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My choice is the freeroll as it doesn't require any investment.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i always prefer playing freerolls over freebuys, however if you have enough cash to make rebuys freebuy tournament can be a good opportunity to win money without risking much of your bankroll.

Yep, for sure,
We need just to pay attention to not buying more than we`re going to win...
See You at the nice FT

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freebuy or FreerollReply to Thread

I like both formats. I play both there and there. But I like the freeroll more. Especially the one that is held on weekends.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freebuys without rebuys and add-ons and of course freerolls. Although there are very rare moments to use both rebuys (1-2 pieces) and add-ons.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them both, but I like freerolls little more. I generally don’t like rebuy or add on tournaments, and when I play freebuys I don’t rebuy or ad on them again.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I doesn't make a difference to me because I never rebuy anyway...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I love any game that gives you the opportunity to play for Free! and win real cash prizes, I will play either, it is down to the individual players to decide whether to re-buy or add-on or not.
In some Free-buy games, I have bought back-in if I was close to the bubble, and had a chance to make the money, even if it meant I was below 10 BBs. I have on occasions added-on to finish higher in the prize stakes, but it has to be financially sensible. there is no point doing this if you are not playing your best poker game.
You do get some players who cannot afford to re-buy even for the smallest stakes, because they have lost or withdrawn all previous money they have won, personally I am lucky enough not to need my Poker winnings, as they are still a small amount compared to what I already have, and in my mind "What you never had, You can never miss"

When the fun Stops, STOP!