Freebuy or Freeroll

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freebuy recently gaining popularity. And you know, I really like them. :)
It is possible to enter the bubble with a playable stack ignoring the early stage of the tournament. And you can collect the stack without investing anything. Which way to choose-it's up to you.
Freeroll in turn afraid of precisely early stage. A lot of crooked hands in the draw.

And what form "free" do you like and why?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what's the difference)). I play in these tournaments when there is no money in my account. When I play enough money, I switch to playing for money and forget about these tournaments as a nightmare.)))

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I'm not a fan of the tournaments that allow the Rebuy .... I think that allows gamble players a lot ... because if they lose they will have the opportunity to buy chips again ... if there is no rebuy the players will They will think twice before taking risks with marginal hands and being eliminated ...!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I'm not a fan of the tournaments that allow the Rebuy .... I think that allows gamble players a lot ... because if they lose they will have the opportunity to buy chips again ... if there is no rebuy the players will They will think twice before taking risks with marginal hands and being eliminated ...!

Gamblers are good for the game.

We need gamblers.

Gamblers are often recreational players that play for fun and give value to the games.

Do you want 100% serious players that know strategy almost like a professional?

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

We need gamblers.

Gamblers are often recreational players that play for fun and give value to the games.

I agree with everything you said, in my opinion the only exception is in freerolls where re-buys allow gamblers to re-enter and the money doesn't go towards the prize pool, unless there are so many re-buys and add-ons that the total exceeds the guaranteed prize pool, which never happens. So in this particular situation re-buys essentially increase the number of players in the freeroll with no real benefit to the players.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Traditionally, I prefer freerolls. In my opinion, this is a good option for building a bankroll. In addition, as of today, freerolls are more common.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls a little more, especially if I don't have the money in my account. I will try out the freebuys, but more than likely I will be behind the 8-ball when they add-on.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play both if they’re up as it doesn’t matter all too much to me. I’m not sure if rebuys add to the prize pool but if they do then that’s one positive of freebuys.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what's the difference)). I play in these tournaments when there is no money in my account. When I play enough money, I switch to playing for money and forget about these tournaments as a nightmare.)))
Well, I wouldn't say that. For example satellites. Consider that you bought a ticket to the main tournament at a discount. If you went to late reg and addon did.:rolleyes:

I like freerolls a little more, especially if I don't have the money in my account. I will try out the freebuys, but more than likely I will be behind the 8-ball when they add-on.
October 16 to November 8 waiting on ACR :)
It will be a delicious series. 114 tourneys to feel the difference

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You need steel nerves and a ton of luck to resist the variance in freebuy tournaments. :dancing2: I prefer freeroll tournaments with a deeper structure. :idea::D

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Freebuy tournaments because there is a rebuy option, players are already loose on freerolls so freebuys make them extra loose. Easy to build a stack and make a difference with freebuys ;)

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im looking forward to all the freebuys coming up at ACR. I do like freerolls as well. The freebuys seem to have larger possible winnings though.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like rebuy tournaments and do not play on them. And do not compare them with freerolls. These are completely different tournaments. You play freerolls without money.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

We need gamblers.

There is a tradeoff in these freebuys though. Obviously you want fish but when you rise something like jacks you do not want 4/5 players shoving, often where one will come out on top potentially shoving a hand like q3 or even two lower single cards.

Yes fish calls are good but against ideally a single opponent. Two many in the hand create too much variance and it does get silly in these freebuys where you may be rebuying if taking it seriously against players who are just freerolling in and shoving!

Bidolaha

Bidolaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freelol, there is no long hassle of registration and re-entry or rebuy, although a small prize

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
There is a tradeoff in these freebuys though. Obviously you want fish but when you rise something like jacks you do not want 4/5 players shoving, often where one will come out on top potentially shoving a hand like q3 or even two lower single cards.

Yes fish calls are good but against ideally a single opponent. Two many in the hand create too much variance and it does get silly in these freebuys where you may be rebuying if taking it seriously against players who are just freerolling in and shoving!

Why is everybody so afraid of variance? If you go all-in with aces and ten people call you should be happy. Sure it is a bigger chance that someone cracks your aces that single time.

But in the long run you win much more than you lose.

Playing tight against a bunch of calling stations or maniacs (pre-flop or post) is the easiest way to earn money in poker. Just bet or call with your strong range and count your money by the end of the month.

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freebuy is good for building the prize pool. I have no issues with that.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are great, the price is right.. but I do prefer freerolls. If my luck is bad I rarely rebuy.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls exclusively, because they do not require any investments, playing freebuy without having on your account you are far from being equal with other players.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in tournaments with free entrance. I am very happy that I will have the opportunity to earn some money thanks not only to freerolls, but also to freebies. :wavey:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is everybody so afraid of variance? If you go all-in with aces and ten people call you should be happy. Sure it is a bigger chance that someone cracks your aces that single time.

But in the long run you win much more than you lose.

Playing tight against a bunch of calling stations or maniacs (pre-flop or post) is the easiest way to earn money in poker. Just bet or call with your strong range and count your money by the end of the month.

It's nothing to do with being scared of variance, its just not really poker when everyone is shoving preflop because they are not paying an entry, and you then have to lay most hands down and it just becomes a preflop game. Would much rather play a CC freeroll where people are trying to play and there is some logic to the game.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally do not like tournaments with Rebuy!

D

DisizDez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
FREEROLL

Freebuy kinda takes the free out of it. and takes forever. people play carelessly because they no they can rebuy