Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not exactly. True that AA is roughly an 85% favorite against ANY random hand preflop, but AA will be tied (AA vs AA) or ahead 100% of the time preflop as it is the literal best hand possible...however this isn't to say AA is always in this great of shape.

In a 4-way pot like this one (based on the ranges you assign players), AA only has about 50% equity preflop. This means that literally half the time (50%), you will lose with AA here. This is why isolation raising is so important - I'd like my AA to hold much close to that 85% if possible :D

p.s. edit: thinking of a similar thread asking about AA in a 4 way pot. Same concept applies here though with 2 left to act after us and potentially a 3-way pot although AA might have slightly more equity now and even better if we isolate down to Heads-up.

no interest in tripling or quadrupling your stack?
Pretty sure I'd take a 50/50 spot with chance of quadrupling up... especially seeing as it 'could' be increasing my stack to 60bb giving me a ton more stack utility (depending upon situation of table's stack sizes & our position on the table vs. other player types & stack sizes it could give us a ton of future opportunitie(s) )

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if both players have less chips than you, all in pre flop

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id all in defininetly,i mean even if thhey win somehow with 7 3 I dont really mind it,because i made the best move in trying to get as much value from AA as possible.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is difficult for me to fold my pocket aces. It does depend on what the cards on the table show. If there is something that is better than the pocket aces then I may fold them.

Beatlebug

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA Fold

Id all in defininetly,i mean even if thhey win somehow with 7 3 I dont really mind it,because i made the best move in trying to get as much value from AA as possible.

I would have to agree regardless of position or Stack if you are going to fold AA then what in the world would you play??? Although, there have been times in a very early stage of a SNG tourney where the blinds are small and I have held QQ or JJ and have folded to an all in considering there is lots of time and lots of hands left, folding rather than giving that ugly Variance the opportunity to do me again...lol:):):)

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahha never and will never fold for AA

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold AA in spot like this. Sometimes i dont like playing them, but still never folding.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Go for the win! Who cares about the min cash? It's either big prizes or nothing.

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always depends on the circumstances. Pre Flop i always bet big, but on flop its a different story!

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I don't shoot AA, I always play them all

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
we have 15bb and we and 2 players in front of us are playing for the stack, is this the bubble of the tournament, are we folding or calling?

It's not a +EV play to fold aces even against two opponents- especially that on the bubble the population usually play way tighter, usually premium hands only and AA does really really well against those hands* for example if you are against KK and QQ you're around 70% favorite and honestly it's hard to find a possible hand on the bubble where you don't have your opponents 'crushed' preflop... Plus, like other members said, you should play in tournaments to win them as the big money are on top and it's tough to be a winner player with min cashes, so this situation is a great opportunity to triple up and build a big stack to improve your chances of shipping the mtt $$$

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely not in my humble opinion, short stacked is the only exception and also in the event you feel you would cash due to position on leaderboard.
Bubble wise - you could face someone who calls off with a similar sized stack (example - you are one of the chip leaders and you have AA, another villain has KK on the table and has you covered - he calls you and spikes a K or even a lesser pocket pair and hits..game over, i would suggest that you pick your spots carefully based on position and be disciplined enough in these situations to either fold especially if you are under the gun.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded pocket aces a couple times close to the bubble. Sometimes when their are multiple players in the hand going all-in folding with AA can be the better play, playing it safe and securing your spot in the money can be a smart move.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in such a situation, it is important for us whether we get into the money in this tournament or not, if the bubble factor and money does not put pressure on us, then we calmly go all-in against two players, in other cases if we are guaranteed to pass the bubble of the tournament with 15bb then you can fold

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very easy call for me. Even against two others in the hope I triple up with a shot to win. If this is a preflop decision you have to go for it as you often don't make a huge amount more on your entry min cashing.

Satellites are a completely different ball game and you can happily fold if guaranteed to cash. However I would still generally go for it if it looked like I might get blinded out.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Absolutely not in my humble opinion, short stacked is the only exception and also in the event you feel you would cash due to position on leaderboard.
Bubble wise - you could face someone who calls off with a similar sized stack (example - you are one of the chip leaders and you have AA, another villain has KK on the table and has you covered - he calls you and spikes a K or even a lesser pocket pair and hits..game over, i would suggest that you pick your spots carefully based on position and be disciplined enough in these situations to either fold especially if you are under the gun.

:confused:

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In every situation i think its always important to play your cards ,the odds and the players . take all these into factor on your decision and you'll be fine . From my experience , scared money don't make no money.

I would never fold aces preflop.. Ever !!

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, you don't know how to play poker if you fold AA

Honestly,

Have YOU EVER folded AA?

I'm GOIN DOWN FIGHTIN (TILL I MEET the CRACK of DAWN!) ; ) on AA!!

I AM NEVER ...EVER... Foldin AA in normal Texas Holdem....PERIOD!

Thanks for listening!

..bluff...

:cool:

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly,

Have YOU EVER folded AA?

Thanks for listening!

..Bluff...

I did ONCE outta 15 years. On the button and min cash was huge. One BB, so a fold put me ITM but Never ever preflop. It aint in me:angel:

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the first response, I have busted on the stone bubble way too many times with aces or ace king. If you have a larger stack, then sure, push, but if you're in any danger of busting out of the tournament then you should defenitely fold fold fold until you are Itm

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very hard but when your on a bad streak and you should fold with a short stack to get in the money I would. Actually anytime I'm on a bad streak I try to just fold for awhile. pocket aces are hard to fold but sometimes it's best.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Why does it say banned under the users name :angel::icon_bigs
passing out passwords >?
It means that they have been banned from CardsChat.

:top:
Honestly,

Have YOU EVER folded AA?

Thanks for listening!

..Bluff...

What if you were on the bubble in a satty for a ticket to the wsop main event and your chip stack can easily win that ticket, would you fold AA then, or take the risk of bubbling?? :hmmmm2:

Dawn's crack isn't worth fighting for, it's not that impressive.

:top:

Folding in Poker