Fold with AA

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have 15bb and we and 2 players in front of us are playing for the stack, is this the bubble of the tournament, are we folding or calling?

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD FOLD FOLD!!!!!

FFOOOOOOOOOOLLLDD!!!!! Fold that all day!! The topic of AA keeps popping up on here and I would fold this trap hand 100 times out of 100. I lose more often than not with AA and especially sitting on the bubble I have no question if I call I'm going out before I get ITM. If we aren't on the bubble I would call (and expect to lose to the whale calling with 6 4 by hitting a straight), but sitting on the bubble fold it and let one of the other players go out and miss the $$$.

-Grant S

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends, is it a bountytournament and u cover 1 of them. Maybe u have some crazy notes on those guys, i just fold there if i know they are really tight!!! If u win that spot, u have a very good chance to get a finaltable / ship the tournament, i call there 90% of the time with AA.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you trying to win the tournament or hoping to min cash? If you just want to min cash, say you won a ticket to a tournament that’s way out of your bankroll zone and the min cash is worth a lot then fold. Example, you usually play $1 tournaments and have a bankroll of $100. You won a ticket to a $109 tournament and the min cash is $200. Then absolutely fold as you will triple your bankroll. If it’s your normal buy in then all in all the time every time. A min cash is pretty much meaningless as this level, you want to win or at least top 3 and you are not going to get a better spot than here. Sure you will lose sometimes but that’s poker. As long as you get it in with the best hand, the rest if out of your control.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you trying to win the tournament or hoping to min cash? If you just want to min cash, say you won a ticket to a tournament that’s way out of your bankroll zone and the min cash is worth a lot then fold. Example, you usually play $1 tournaments and have a bankroll of $100. You won a ticket to a $109 tournament and the min cash is $200. Then absolutely fold as you will triple your bankroll. If it’s your normal buy in then all in all the time every time. A min cash is pretty much meaningless as this level, you want to win or at least top 3 and you are not going to get a better spot than here. Sure you will lose sometimes but that’s poker. As long as you get it in with the best hand, the rest if out of your control.

Exactly. Barring some really special curcumstances like those mentioned above or a satellite tournament, where you win either a ticket or nothing, AA is a snap call, even if the entire table has already moved in. It is a little puzzling to me, that this question comes up so often, and even more that there are actually people, who think, folding is a good decision. But I guess, it just goes to show, that poker is not yet dead :)

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the current situation, it is very important, if there are shorter players in the tournament. What is the stack of your opponents at the table (against you in the pot) and what rewards you can get if you stay at the table. It is absolutely wrong to look at this situation in the same way for all tournaments, because the payout size plays a very big role.

You have to consider a lot of factors, that will influence your decision. If you get $1 - $5 and your balance is more than $200, you should easily call and not think about it. But, if the payout is $100 - $300 or more and your balance has up to $500, fold this is not the worst decision ;)

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have 15bb and we and 2 players in front of us are playing for the stack, is this the bubble of the tournament, are we folding or calling?

we waiting for this situation so...
easy call

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless the mindcash is something quite important for my bankroll I'd never fold in this situation, even if there were 4 people in the pot.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

AA on your bubble or all in preflop for 15 or fold against more than 1 player

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go all-in. I have a pair of AA in this case for happiness.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think I have only folded AA once close to the bubble, sometimes it is a difficult decision, but in my case I make the decision depending on how much I need chips and how close I am to the bubble, many times you have to take risks if chips are needed, it will also depend on the intensity of the players that are at my table

V

VadaPav

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it took me long time to reach at ITM then it's a fold.( i know its tough and most of the guys don't fold AA no matter what situation is)

AA works mostly work well against 1 opponent.

Play safe 👍

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well if we are in the tournament bubble ,,, without thinking twice I fold the "AA" ... although it hurts me a lot to fold the AA ... it is better to secure a place in the winning positions ... that's when we should control our emotions and make reasoned decisions ...!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never reset A A. Even if there is a feeling that I will lose. Even when the analysis of the situation on the table leads to the idea that I will lose in any case, I play to the end. That's the kind of strange person I am.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

if this is a satellite and we have a passed stack, then AA can be dropped. and perhaps this is the only moment when this action will be relevant. in all other cases, it is 100% count. it's stupid to look for a better situation, you gotta double

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Quite a difficult decision, considering that there are already two players in the pot !!! I think if you got into the tournament via satellite and money matters to your bankroll, then passing will not be a big mistake !!!

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call all the time because if you are playing tournaments then you are going for final table and top prizes, big wins make for losing tournaments not ITM so its important to remember that playing tournament you should focus to get deep.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can lose the chips or the money that I'll never fold with AA anymore

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pre flop it is impossible to fold aces pair on flop if it is very evident that there is a better hand than aces pair it is necessary to fold aces pair I have folded aces pair KK and QQ pair after the flop:D

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly call. Great opportunity to build chips.
I’ve been asked this question in the forum before, what is the goal of getting into the bubble or winning the tournament? But the answer I think is clear is that tournament victory is the goal and for that it’s a great opportunity to build a massive chip stack. Of course, the elimination may end because A, A is not an invulnerable card, but such occurs. About 1.5 times the amount entered was not recovered that much. By the way, if the goal is just that, you don’t have to start in a big tournament, but in a 50-50 S&G.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would call i think

but it depends on the tournament . if min cash is a lot then i might fold . but if i try to really aim for the first place i would call

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

For me its a call... I dont see any sense to just pass the buble with low stake, and them win a little money, prefer to risk and get more chips to get in a late game and win more money. Money near the bubble always close to the buy in

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FFOOOOOOOOOOLLLDD!!!!! Fold that all day!! The topic of AA keeps popping up on here and I would fold this trap hand 100 times out of 100. I lose more often than not with AA and especially sitting on the bubble I have no question if I call I'm going out before I get ITM. If we aren't on the bubble I would call (and expect to lose to the whale calling with 6 4 by hitting a straight), but sitting on the bubble fold it and let one of the other players go out and miss the $$$.

-Grant S

Agree a 100 times over!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on many factors: how the other players are playing, who has more chips, how aggressive they play, with those chips you overcome the bubble or you need to win chips urgently, 1 month ago or something like that I saw a pro fold with AA, in bubble and there were 2 players who had more chips than him, analyze very well

Folding in Poker