Donk betting.

P

PH03N1Xir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Donk betting is Profitable

You cant Donkbet on a Draw and some times on Strong made hand against aggressive player

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I did not know what they said in that way, I do not know how it would be the best way to play against them, maybe applying the same against them

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With poker changing everyday there will be a time when the donk bet will be a standard play in the future for some players. With time things change. You will see a time when you don't c-bet as much as people do now. The pros are already c-betting lighter nowadays. In poker one thing I've learned is to never use the words always and never when giving advice on how to play.

H

Holy_Ghost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Say no to donk betting

I prefer playing tight...premier hands I raise 3 or 4 times pre and fold most other hands...I like to limp in with small pairs to flop the set.

Pokericon08

Pokericon08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What drives me Krazy are the donks in the ACR freerolls who call a nice preflop raise holding junk like 2, 9, off suit, then they flop 2 pair to beat my A K or even pocket pair.

Even worse is when they don't even hit a pair on the flop, but call every bet to the river, donkin their way to a 1 card flush beating out my sensible hand with their donkey turds.:mad:

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that doing ... or not doing a donk bet out of position will depend a lot on the hand you have at that moment ... however if the flop does not help you at all it's best to check and wait to see what action Do your opponents ..!

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think donk betting has its place when playing poker. While I don't recommend doing it I will on occasion donk bet out when I have a monster hand or monster draw with several players in the hand and can be confident someone has something that would be able to call my bet as I want to grow the pot. Again this is very rarely done by me.

I totally agree with you. Only with a good hand you can go to the end!:jd4::jd4:

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think donk bet is when you in hand with tight bad player,i use donk bet against these guys,probably is some spots must donk bet but i know for these situation....

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking for opinions and advice on donk betting. I usually never donk bet but I am seeing more players aggressively betting into the preflop raiser. Do you donk bet or not? Reads on the donk better ?

I usually never donk bet too, just like you. I think it is not that nessesary in present-day poker game. I try to always check before the pf aggressor. I donk really really really rare, and I need some special reads for doing that.
But please don't confuse a donk bet with a lead bet. I can use the last one.

Donk bet = a bet before a preflop aggressor being OOP in a HEADS-UP POT.
Lead bet = the same, but there're 3 or more people involved in the pot.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk-betting shows weakness most of time, I think.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually never donk bet too, just like you. I think it is not that nessesary in present-day poker game. I try to always check before the pf aggressor. I donk really really really rare, and I need some special reads for doing that.
But please don't confuse a donk bet with a lead bet. I can use the last one.

Donk bet = a bet before a preflop aggressor being OOP in a HEADS-UP POT.
Lead bet = the same, but there're 3 or more people involved in the pot.

Yes there is a very big difference between donk and lead betting. I am seeing lead betting take off too. Everyone is hyper aggressive. Have to pick your spots.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would't want to play like a bad player and you should't either.Take a note on said player and trap him when you get a premium hand and send him packin! :deal: and always thank him for the chips!

YEP!!!

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people play like the guys they see in the TV ads.... everyone is always all in. The guy with AA and the guy with the big bluff.
Instant gratification mentality = shove.
Patients = ITM

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars