do you think a fish can reach final table or win big tournament???

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fish tournaments and won some time ago that I became a big shark. Then I had a lot of luck, gave a good sweat!

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shark is a fish too :)
just make yor game man!!!!

M

Matthew Ueda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes any1 could especially if they win big pots and run good for a short while deep in the tourney

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If I can win a few MTT's then another fish can also win.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all sharks there) especially at the micro limits. At first in my career I reach the top 40 in the "Big" tournament, knowing only how to gather the combination. Sharks goes to final table bit more often than fish

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say ametaurs could win a new poker player very unlikely make final table.

D

Danc1u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends...but generaly yes,a fish can reach a final tables...cuz us,regular players won`t call n ll in from a bd spot but a fish will do...i go on 70 from 13k players in BB 3,30 with 77 ...he opened UTG+1 with K 4 off 2 players called i shove in button and he called me with K 4 off with 2 ppl behind him :) nd ofc he got a king...s i remember he finished 2 or 3...so..at low stackes everything is posible :)

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone can reach a final table and yep fish get there by swimming too,fish players have luck like good players do, but overall fish sink fast

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the tournament level. With some luck, you may win everything. But for a long period if the guy, defined commonly as a fish, will have some tough days playing poker.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes... why not? As long as the player is not so tight that they cannot realistically ever gain chips, there is always a chance of fish being at the final table. If you look at the final table replays of the Storm or any other low stakes tournies, you'll see that a lot of players at those final tables are not very competent at all. For sure, the final table of a tourney is usually pretty tough, but anyone can still win. That's what keeps the game alive! If fish were never able to win then the game couldn't really work.

Lotta crazy stuff I've seen at them FTs :p

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well not the extreme fish who call with 27o but ofc there are still fishes on the FT and some who even win.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch the FT replay of the Sunday Million each week and you will answer your own question. :p

There is skill in successfully playing many tournaments, but there is a lot of luck in a single tournament.

Good luck to you! :D

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the player has reached the final table and at the same time at the table behaves like a fish, it does not mean that it is a fish. He could play the whole tournament nomalno. In general, the fish is difficult to get the last table.

C

Comesons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if you play tight as a fish with couple of suck oouts you can make it there. but then again fish are the hardest to predict. obviously if they are in a smaller table with 3 sharks and a fish he wont last long but in a 8 player table its not bad

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fish going to be shark? Sometimes it happen :D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One mans fish is another mans shark. Just because someone calls you a fish that doesn't mean you are. That being said even a fish makes a final table if he bribes the poker gods he might even win. As well I've seen sharks be among the 1st out of a tourney. It is all a mystery of the game I guess. :D:D

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure they can some fish play very tight and aggressive and if the players misread him he can win several hands and even the tournament

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember fish can be lucky but sharks are better than fishes

nevedimka29

nevedimka29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if luck is on his side, then it is able to

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thx everybody for the good good answer atleast i know i have some changes lol.. even its take 1/1000 who cares..!! i have that 1% and ready to shove.. gg

E

enot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree with the previous statement. very often in poker, it's luck....the card will fall...and in what position and everything else...very bad...citicise....playing on small maps...fish....it all depends on the game in General and your mgnovenii luck. this is my menie

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless your playing poker everyday at the highest levels then you're a fish. Still work a job 9-5 with a boss, you're a fish. Still driving that little 4 door from 8 years ago, you're a fish. Vacation at lake with your extended family, you're a fish. Grind away at any and every game that you can find, then you're a fish.
BTW, I'm a fish
If someone calls you a fish then they are trying to tilt you or an 8 year old kid playing on daddy's account. (guess what? he is a fish)

Last edited: