Do you show your cards ?

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
showing the cards can be used as a strategy to make the table think you are playing tight, for example you show a 72off from the small blind, A5s from MP2 or k9s from Hijack, show the table that you are a player who only opens cards in position and that doesn't open any two cards, or else if you're high in chips you can call a bet with any two cards and show at the showndown to make the table think you're playing without compromise.

by showing your cards you are passing your information to your opponents.

I've shown my cards a few times, I go here once.

I made a bet 2x the big blind with JJ from UTG+1 position

MP2 - call
CO - call
BB - call

on the flop opens opened AKQ

three a cards above my pair of JJ.

logically I checked

MP2 - check
CO - check
BB - bet half a pot

I gave up the hand and folded.

everyone gave up and folded at the end I showed my pair of JJ cards.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I used to sometimes show cards on pokerstars, but there is a time delay when you select this option and the hands go slower, so i chose never to show in the settings...

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes sometimes not...

it´s deppends what a image i wanna show to my opponents...

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short and sweet, no I never show my cards. I think in all my time time player here I have shown twice because each time had no value as far as a read is concerned.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im noone special so i do show pockets too weak vs big #:p

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually dont but if im way too proud and cant keep my ego in line i will show a bluff or a fold im proud of :D

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, sometimes so they can see that I have the cards and other times to make them believe that I don't hit anything

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a rule, I do not show my hand. If I do this, I prefer to show my cards in cases where I won. Either a bluff or a strong combination. Annoy the enemy or convince me that I am stronger. In your case, the goal is important, why you show the cards and what you want to achieve with this action.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don' t show cards, because I don' t want to show informations about my game. I do this most of the times, except a few cases of a close game between familliar players. There maybe I show my cards.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually show cards to opponents, because I would be passing on information about my game. Just once, I remember that I bluffed a villain, he didn't call and I showed the cards, he was very aggressive at the table and called a lot, then he started chasing me at the table, it was even funny.:D

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't usually show cards to opponents, because I would be passing on information about my game. Just once, I remember that I bluffed a villain, he didn't call and I showed the cards, he was very aggressive at the table and called a lot, then he started chasing me at the table, it was even funny.:D

I have done that very thing for the same reason and got the same result. Everyone was laughing...

Jim
:D:D:D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think most people who show hands are delusional as to their skill level. See this all the time in CC free rolls but seldom see the individual doing this cash.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showing cards

I have made it a rule of mine to not show my cards --bluff or not-- as like the saying goes "you got to pay to see them" LOL without showing cards keeps them guessing

GL ALL :D

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Personally, I don't like to show my cards, whether it's a bluff or a monster hand, I prefer to remain intrigued if I had a good hand or not, I just don't think it's much use showing the cards, maybe one or another player get out of control when showing the cards, but I still don't like to do it

lukaji

lukaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing the cards can be used as a strategy to make the table think you are playing tight, for example you show a 72off from the small blind, A5s from MP2 or k9s from Hijack, show the table that you are a player who only opens cards in position and that doesn't open any two cards, or else if you're high in chips you can call a bet with any two cards and show at the showndown to make the table think you're playing without compromise.

by showing your cards you are passing your information to your opponents.

I've shown my cards a few times, I go here once.

I made a bet 2x the big blind with JJ from UTG+1 position

MP2 - call
CO - call
BB - call

on the flop opens opened AKQ

three a cards above my pair of JJ.

logically I checked

MP2 - check
CO - check
BB - bet half a pot

I gave up the hand and folded.

everyone gave up and folded at the end I showed my pair of JJ cards.
Only when the opponent folds will I show the winning single card to bluff more easily :)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to show my cards, I don't do it anymore.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
yes.After the last aggressor shows his hand do the remaining player have to show their loosing hands

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes when I make a bluff I like to show my hand, but sometimes I don't know how to do it, the option doesn't appear.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showing your cards is a way of psychological pressure on opponents. I don’t understand this well enough, that’s why I don’t show my cards.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show the cards in very rare cases, usually when the hand is frankly weak and I do not call all in the opponent with a microstack.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I showed my cards sometimes. But I stopped doing this over time, because the opponent should not receive a single gram of free information from me. If your friend is at the table, then you can just tell him about the hand and then he will puzzle over whether it is true or not.:listen:

P

pokereto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

It depends, if the player in front of me is a great person and I bluff him, I would show him.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not usually, it's not part of my strategy

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not show the cards since it is a way or style of play personally, there are players who live alone bluff and when they discover it, they lose the whole file for not making a good bluff:D