Do you show your cards ?

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I show it, as it helps to pass some bluffs when the opponent thinks you are playing aggressively with strong cards.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sometimes I show it to try to stress the opponent. I understand it as a way to gain advantage in future bluffs.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to not show my cards. I would rather keep my opponents guessing to what I had. I will show on a rare occasion a really special hand but were talking abut Straight flushes or maybe 4 of a kind but we all know how rare those show up.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only in my friendly home game.

I do not want to give my opponents any information. There may be some benefit to showing a bluff when an opponent makes a big lay down, but you are also giving information to everyone else at the table. In a game of incomplete and imperfect information, why would you want to assist your opponents by sharing information about your play free of charge?

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,
it depends on the situation sometimes I show my cards consciously that's part of my game because I think it annoys other players in some cases and leads to ill-considered actions. :)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I never show. Its not a bad thing to show some of your cards in some spots, if you want to play some mind games on players. But I never bother with that.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi I used to show my cards, but now I always much them. Of they want to see them they can pay ahahah! I will occasionally if say I folded and ended up with quads for e.g. just for banter

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
no, but those who point, I just want to show how they beat you

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not, I don't show them.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showing cards doesn't make sense for me, so i don't.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I show cards very rarely.
I do it especially when I want to get under some players' skin when playing heads up or 3 handed.
Gl at the tables

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
showing the cards can be used as a strategy to make the table think you are playing tight, for example you show a 72off from the small blind, A5s from MP2 or k9s from Hijack, show the table that you are a player who only opens cards in position and that doesn't open any two cards, or else if you're high in chips you can call a bet with any two cards and show at the showndown to make the table think you're playing without compromise.

by showing your cards you are passing your information to your opponents.

I've shown my cards a few times, I go here once.

I made a bet 2x the big blind with JJ from UTG+1 position

MP2 - call
CO - call
BB - call

on the flop opens opened AKQ

three a cards above my pair of JJ.

logically I checked

MP2 - check
CO - check
BB - bet half a pot

I gave up the hand and folded.

everyone gave up and folded at the end I showed my pair of JJ cards.
Thanks for your post mate, it is a good point. I’m ignorant when it comes to tournaments but about this subject of showing the cards I have one thing to declare:
When we elect to show our hole cards to our opponents, because we show it to the whole table at once, we are making a psychological mistake, the same mistake of table chatting.
The reason is simple, we want “to show” something to our opponents and there’s no need for it.
We must be humble and have the discipline and bravery of a warrior at the tables, and showing cards demonstrates we are weak, we cannot fully control our thoughts and emotions and we are led by the heat of the moment.
If we are tight or loose, attentive players will notice it in spite of we show the cards or not. Now, some players will take advantage of you just for this single action of showing the cards or table talking.
I’m not saying this the whole truth of the poker universe, but I like to play serious, not for entertainment.
I also care a lot for the psychological side of the game and try to avoid small leaks that may let clear to myself, not others, that I have the need for something beyond the methodology and theory of poker.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Never show my cards online, in homegames I do sometimes, just to rub it in when I bluff :devilish::devilish:

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sometimes I show it to confuse the players.

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes i dont wanna see cards! When you think you are good but yout opponent is better...

When you think you are good but yout opponent is better

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I never show my cards.

I also don't think it's a sensible strategy to make the table believe what kind of player I am by showing the cards.

As mentioned in previous posts, "...by showing your cards, you are giving your information to your opponents..." and that's exactly the point!
Any information (about my opponent) is better than no information!

It's not easy to mislead a whole table and convince them of something. Just when you show your cards, but not most of the time, the question of intention arises. It definitely gives a better look into your psyche and helps build a picture of you.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Show the cards only if you have a clear plan in mind. But there are moves that it becomes better to check than to bet and not see the showdown, because it scares the bad guys away and you lose the chance to see what cards he had in his hand.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
showing the cards can be used as a strategy to make the table think you are playing tight, for example you show a 72off from the small blind, A5s from MP2 or k9s from Hijack, show the table that you are a player who only opens cards in position and that doesn't open any two cards, or else if you're high in chips you can call a bet with any two cards and show at the showndown to make the table think you're playing without compromise.

by showing your cards you are passing your information to your opponents.

I've shown my cards a few times, I go here once.

I made a bet 2x the big blind with JJ from UTG+1 position

MP2 - call
CO - call
BB - call

on the flop opens opened AKQ

three a cards above my pair of JJ.

logically I checked

MP2 - check
CO - check
BB - bet half a pot

I gave up the hand and folded.

everyone gave up and folded at the end I showed my pair of JJ cards.
Yes at times showing your cards can be a strategy move, once I folded 89suited and showed giving the impression of being very tight then I started to play LAG and it worked for a while

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I never show my cards, I don't think it's necessary for me or my opponent.

Azul2406.

Azul2406.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I like to show the cards a lot more than I should to call it something, but the ideal would be to create a previous strategy and by combining it and showing your cards sometimes they could be a strong point because the rivals would have respect for you and you know that you are going Seriously, and if you drive well, you could bluff many times and they will think that you are serious. Good luck, greetings 👍🏼

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I usually show my cards when im bluffing so that my opponents think i will be bluffing all the time