Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Showing the cards can be used as a strategy to make the table think that it is playing safely, for example, it shows a 72off from the small blind, A5s of MP2 or k9s of Hijack, it shows the table that you are a player who only opens cards in position and that does not open two cards, or, if you have a lot of chips, you can match a bet with any two cards and show it in the showdown so that the table thinks that you are playing without commitment.

By showing your cards you are passing your information on to your opponents.

I have shown my cards several times, I go here once.

I placed a bet twice the big blind with JJ from the UTG+1 position

MP2 - call
CO - call
BB - call

Open AKQ open on the flop

three cards above my JJ pair.

Logically I checked

MP2 - check
CO - check
BB - half pot bet

I gave up my hand and doubled.

they all gave up and withdrew in the end. I showed my pair of JJ cards.
Exactly, when your chips are enough to win a prize or enter a bubble, sometimes it's good to show that we're only playing it safe, so at the time of betting you'll know as much that you have a good hand, as well as that whoever pays does it, and you can take advantage of this to bluff or bet to win the jackpot.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Some people show their cards as a game strategy... but the truth is that I never do it... whoever wants to see what hand he had must pay the bet and go to the end

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi:)
It is best not to show your cards either win, bluff, or even weak hands

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes show my cards in live play, but not online, mainly because I play with people I know in live play.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't show my cards. Makes it harder for opponents to play against me :)

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like to show us 888poker. Feels good:)

szabbancsbet

szabbancsbet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I never show my cards.
I wanted to once, but even then I didn't know how to do it :D (I know since then..)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm a member of the "If you want to see, you'll have to pay." club, but I'll do it once in awhile if it is a killer hand like four of a kind or straight flush. I've also done it a few times for an opponent who is really nice, and has shown theirs quite a bit. One time an opponent said that he would fold if I showed my cards so I took his offer. Usually though if I'm not called they won't see them. :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's worth showing, but I too also disabled this option because of slowing down the game.
But yes, there would be a situation where it would be worthwhile to show my card.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It’s quite rare I show but I will sometimes, the last hand I shown was a royal flush just because it’s a hand that rarely comes up like a unicorn

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I believe it is not a healthy habit, it will generate information for your opponents. I don't do that, but I believe it can be done, with great caution, in a very specific situation, maybe it will help to tilt your opponent, if it's a bluff and it can also "intimidate" others, if it's a big game.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better not pass information to opponents

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, you should never show your hand because you are revealing information to other players giving them an opportunity to adjust their game in every hand that you get involved.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I never show my cards. Although I see a lot of people showing their cards after bluffing, it can be fun sometimes.
But I don't support it, it provides information about your game.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I very rarely show my cards. If I do it, then only for a specific purpose. When a player is weak, it can help to win against him. I never show strong players.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I never open my cards, I don't know why.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't show my cards, very rarely in a situation if the other players ask and I commit to show them, or if I'm having a very good time, and it was a nice hand that I'm proud of, but usually is unnecessary at the online game I usually have automatic to not show my cards because of the delay in folding, and also most of the rooms you can see the cards on the rep layer that's what I do when they don't show their hand... I've seen this strategy some players showing like always their hand pretending to be very tight all the time like they don't bluff like that might help you to win some pots bluffing in situations where your opponent shows weakness, a strategy to think about 🤔 but most of the time i don't like it

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. I know some people like to show their bluff and use this strategy to build an image. But I don't. So if you want to see my cards you have to pay for that :)

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Usually I don’t show my cards, only in case of a successful bluff with a large pot I can sometimes show my cards so that he is morally offended and as a result he tilts;)

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It depends on the strategy I choose and who is on the table. For me, showing cards is a warning to other players that I really do play value poker.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes i show my cards, could be helpful. Its all about strategy... messing with enemies emotions or trying to create a picture for yourself.