Do you hate the very long late registration time?

C

campp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really enjoy the tournament format and honestly prefer that to cash games. But I don’t have the time to play them unless they’re turbos or hypers.

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not loving long late registrations. If its a freeroll with a long late reg I'll just join up in the later half and shove anything near top 16% of hands. Would prefer to play a more tight game but not for an hour+ of late reg

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I am the one who chooses which game poker to play so I cannot hate its bases, especially if it is long late registration ;

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy the game of poker whether it's a long registration time or not. There is nothing I would hate about the game. I do enjoy it so very much.

Beatlebug

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I wanted to write that I don't like long late registration, but I saw that we were talking about freerolls, and decided that it shouldn't matter how long people can get to the freeroll tournament.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if you enter very late it can be an advantage

but yes , 4 hour or more late registration for small stakes online tourneys on WPN is pretty ridiculous .

A

Akena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but yes , 4 hour or more late registration for small stakes online tourneys on WPN is pretty ridiculous .

Totally agree too. It can be very advantageous to register at the last moment! But starting early with long late registrations is often a disadvantage when you don't have hands that line up with the flops. You downgrade very quickly, it is often quits or doubles before the end of the late registration. And often it's a minimum of 5 hours of tournaments when you have a good game! For small tournaments it did not pay off in the end.

A

ayt183

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there's not always a lot of time. if the tournament starts in the evening and has more than 4 hours of late registration, then a deep run into it provides a sleepless night.and that's not all

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only freeroll that I see that has a very long late registration is intertops. It's over 2 hours.

That's crazy for a freeroll.

Generally, I dislike late registration. If they have to have it, I think 30 minutes would be sufficient.

But, let's face it, the sites want to make as much money as they can, so they will conduct themselves in a manner which the market will bear.

If we all stopped playing because of late registration policies, they would soon change it.

As it is, they keep it open that long, because players use it.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some freerolls do have very long late registration - mostly because you have to pay to rebuy, which generates some profit. most of the freerolls have 3-5 blind levels late registration WITHOUT rebuy - so when you out, you are out.... Overall, I don't like the long late registrations, but I do play the tourney when its a good tourney ($10 entry with <$10K GTD). I just pace myself an pick play only premium hands - play like a nit. Then, when late reg is over, you open up - people at your table will think you are a nit, and you can steal a lot of dead money.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No hate to score long, but it is beautiful, and several players can join the game, which means beautiful

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Backlog tournaments are really complicated. There is no question of hating, but if I had a choice, I would prefer that there were no late records.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I accept those long late regs, because I can often join in them. It helps for perpetual latecomers.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, not a fan myself either. Hard to get a feel for the tourney when there is such an influx of new players plus it just drags on forever then

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I hate the Long Late Registration

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hate shorts as well. I think if someone wants to play sign up on time and play from the first minute. With late registration, I just hate it more when they register for tournaments and don’t play. Many fall out with a single hand played.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm mixed on long late registrations. I dislike how long we must play in the early phase of the tournament and I dislike how it makes me play much more defensively because you can't win the tournament in the first 4 or 5 hours but you can certainly lose the tournament. On the other hand, I love how I can play a 6.60 every sunday afternoon on ACR and get a shot at a 25K guaranteed prize pool. We'd never have this tournament if late reg only went for 2 hours instead of 4. It would be a 10K with 2 hour latereg but instead its a 25K. That's a significant bump in value.

Ideally, every site would be a poker stars with 1 million players online at any time of the day (LOL) but ACR is nowhere near that big, and so the only way they can get large prize pools and large value is by extending the latereg for so many hours. It's definitely a trade-off for the players, both bad and good. So I guess I'm neutral on it, if my American government wasn't such a bunch of lying jerks, I'd be playing on Poker Stars instead of on ACR. But we "Land of the Free" slaves don't get that choice, the choice was made for us.

S

ShakerCSR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't hate it no, but sometimes a very long late reg can be annoying,

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No dont mind it at all,
If yu are good enough it shouldn't affect you

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I hate it for cash tournament's. But for freerolls for people who work....gives them more chances to learn.

G

Gojszli5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One hour is enough:deal:
+1
I'm mostly play hypers, this is the best fun to me. But i know, the serious, big tournaments are long, what a luck i'm too poor for them.:D

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I don't know what freerolls have such a late registration. But speaking about late reg in tournaments in general, I'm not fond of it either. The maximum I can handle is about 2 hours (although it's already rough), rooms that have even longer late registration are unholy in my opinion lol

I'm really appreciating Partypoker's efforts in this regard, as they made late reg in all the tournaments significantly shorter, in a lot of their tournaments it's less than an hour.

Well, AMC has ridiculous long late reg, sucks to play any real money tourneys.