Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course it's a shame to fly on a bubble. But you need to strive so that the bubble passes through the glass without tension, at least 7-8 bb, I think this will be enough. But if you are playing with pocket top pairs, then you should not be upset, it means that luck is not in your game today.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually try to run down the clock in order to make the cut but when I can't I just get disappointed.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely 💯 if I don't cash I lost so yes yes I do, even min cash I don't feel great but the goal is to at minimum cash in everything I play.

The loss on the bubble can be different. You can become aggressive because of the loss of time and effort. Or you can take it easy and learn from the situation. In any case, staying one step away from the prize zone will be quite an unpleasant moment. Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
being on the bubble is tricky, because it feels like the game is against you.

M

marcusvco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really annoying, i feel really bad, but it is part of the game so we have to focus on the next tournaments.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not the best feeling and surely noone likes it but i wouldnt say it makes me feel like a looser. If you played good poker i think its still a success to be so close to the money. Its always about the long term:)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
always play for the win not for mini cash ever.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bubble gives me a sense of calm and I seem to make better decisions if I know I have my buyin covered and something sweet on top.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to leave on the bubble 1 step away from the prizes, especially in a multi-table tournament where more than 1000 people played. Of course it's a shame, but I understand that this is all the circumstances)

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it feels very annoying

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't consider myself a loser, I would be upset to leave with a spot for the final table, even on the bubble, I can gain some value, I just analyze where I went wrong or what was missing to reach the final goal.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, I get a little more aggressive around the bubble. I think the opportunity to pick up "dead money" is great. So many people are willing to fold for a min cash, it seems silly to fold along with the rest.

Do I sometimes make mistakes by opening or 3 betting too wide? Of course I do, but I am not interested in a min cash anyway, the question is do I feel like a loser? Well if I don't win the tourney than I am a loser, I am not sure why this would "hurt" my feelings or make me play differently, by definition, all mtt players are losers more than they are winners.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loser feeling, out on the bubble

Yes. It's alot of work to get to the bubble, and you think you're gonna get paid, that's what you're here for. Online is no big deal but live poker for decent $ is another story. When I played the Heartland, I played a qualifier for $380. Min cash was around 2k. So the $ was nice and to bust near or at the bubble left me with the loser feeling.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble gives me a sense of calm and I seem to make better decisions if I know I have my buyin covered and something sweet on top.

U mean after the bubble or fr fr on the bubble?

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ha Ha, If they are paying 10 and I finish 11th, then I truly am the FIRST LOSER. But I know I played will enough to get to that spot.

Jim

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so I always play to have the most chips and if I stay in a bubble it's because I try to play well and not hide

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Come to the money is easier then lose on the bubble just middle stack achieve and all hands fold

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I get a little more aggressive around the bubble. I think the opportunity to pick up "dead money" is great. So many people are willing to fold for a min cash, it seems silly to fold along with the rest.

Do I sometimes make mistakes by opening or 3 betting too wide? Of course I do, but I am not interested in a min cash anyway, the question is do I feel like a loser? Well if I don't win the tourney than I am a loser, I am not sure why this would "hurt" my feelings or make me play differently, by definition, all mtt players are losers more than they are winners.
This is the attitude i agree with.

Yes sometimes you get out of line to much and get punished. But the tournaments where it works out will get you a lot of easy spots to chip up.

So mincashing is important but not that much to bleed out.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The loss on the bubble can be different. You can become aggressive because of the loss of time and effort. Or you can take it easy and learn from the situation. In any case, staying one step away from the prize zone will be quite an unpleasant moment. Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

I don't really feel like a loser but I get upset about falling into the bubble. We fight sometimes for hours in a tournament and when it's getting close to the money, in a play where sometimes victory is almost certain and you end up getting a bad beat, it's sad, but doing what the business is doing is taking a deep breath and prepare for the next tournament. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was back to back times out on the money bubble of a wsop Circuit series. 2 away the 1st time and stone cold bubble the 2nd time. Did I feel like a loser? Nope. Was I bitterly disappointed? Sure was. Did I make a mistake or should I just have folded my way into the money? I played the hands correctly. Cashing is always very inportant but the real money is at the final table. Has I won that last hand I would have had a truly good chance to go deep and final table the event with a well above average stack. I would rather play for the win.

Many dont know this story but Danial Negreanu did a story on a review of the WPT. There was this player who cashed in over 30% of the events he played and he had played a lot. This guy was one of the biggest losers on the WPT. All this guys cashes were min cashes. There are time you should just go for the cash but there are times you need to go for the win.

V

volkzord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im only get mad, if I made a great mistake in that hand. Otherwise, gl next time and lets go to another bubble.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im only get mad, if I made a great mistake in that hand. Otherwise, gl next time and lets go to another bubble.
Thats it... if you were trying to winning the tournament, no problem to me.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact, it is very frustrating, at first it even makes you angry. But I try to take a call to the next tournaments.
Like take it easy, not go with either hand and wait for the right moment.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it has happened so many times already that you understand that this is part of the game, at american cardroom played freeroll top 3 in prizes, for 3-500 or 750, flew out fourth

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i'm leaving from a tournament on bubble, my feelings can be very different. Sometimes during the distribution I understand that the risk was justified and I do not regret much about the end. Sometimes I get angry, but not for long. Everything depends on the situation.