Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a cardchat freeroll during the week, which crashed on the bubble. The stack was average when it started. Nobody was eliminated from the tournament and the stack ended.

K

Kingedward10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Leaving on the bubble

No I don't feel like a loser going out on the bubble. I'm disappointed when I do but but if you make it that far in some of these tournaments you some good playing

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if I play the last hand in the wrong way, if I have made the best possible choices and still luck rewards my opponent I remain calm.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I bubble playing my best and making good desicions then no, but if I have my stack size chopped by bad-decisions, even if after the ITM, I'm possessed! ;) :D

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes my brain will convince me that I’m a loser when that happens yes, but I try my best not to allow those thoughts to last long. I tell myself that I actually did quite well considering how deep I went into the tournament. Let’s say if there were 2-to 3 thousand to start and I went out on the bubble or close to it. It’s very disappointing that’s for sure. All the time it took to get there and leave empty handed, but its just a part of the ups and downs. The more and more that I play the less it bothers me :).

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of my cardinal rules is to get into the money first, then take chances.

There are some exceptions that I use, the main two are watch your blinds, and take a look at the number of chips of the players acting after you. If they're in a position where you could damage them, if they lose, then attack.

Otherwise, don't get greedy, and just get into the money.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you should not bother with the bubble, especially if you expect to win, and if you just want to get into the prizes, you can also spend time on the bubble (although I am not a supporter of this strategy)

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. If you make a play that you think increased your expected winnings, and happen to lose, then it's fine as you made the right play. For example if you find yourself in a situation where you can make an all-in call on the bubble that you think will be a flip, a lot of the time the expected winnings if you double up your stack will be more than the min prize, in which case making the call is the right move. And then no reason to get upset if you lose the flip, that's just poker!

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several times I flew out on the bubble in big tournaments, you really feel like some kind of loser, especially if you stretched your chips and waited, but literally did not endure 1st place. But when you decide to put all in with AA and fly out like that on the bubble, the resentment is many times stronger.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let’s say if there were 2-to 3 thousand to start and I went out on the bubble or close to it. It’s very disappointing that’s for sure. All the time it took to get there and leave empty handed, but its just a part of the ups and downs. The more and more that I play the less it bothers me :).
Especially if the participation takes place in one tournament. And the time seems to have been wasted.:icon_bigs

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely relegate in the bubble, I always took attention for that, but if i do, yes, I feel like looser, probably, because I am, and I think most of the players feel the same

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The loss on the bubble can be different. You can become aggressive because of the loss of time and effort. Or you can take it easy and learn from the situation. In any case, staying one step away from the prize zone will be quite an unpleasant moment. Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

I try to always play in the first place, the bubble, on the contrary, makes it possible to increase the stack, since most players are pinched on the bubble.:deal:

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am real good at going out on the bubble. I think I could write a book on it. When I enter a tourney my goal is always first place so I think that is why I often go out in bubble or close to bubble.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. Not a fan of busting out on the bubble.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's normal in poker,when faced with it, I accept it with a smile)Someone must be on the bubble)

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The loss on the bubble can be different. You can become aggressive because of the loss of time and effort. Or you can take it easy and learn from the situation. In any case, staying one step away from the prize zone will be quite an unpleasant moment. Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

Depends... If I make a good play and get my money in good to make the bubble and lose it doesn't bother me.

it bothers me more to play the nit and blind out tho...

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I feel worse than a loser. I feel like an idiot. But hey, someone has to bubble and that idiot sometimes is me. What can you do! I actually feel better if I get out before the bubble.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing a hand in poker doesn't define me,,, :deal:

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you approached the bubble with a good stack, then it makes sense to put pressure on the short ones, if you have a short stack, then you can play more tight and wait until the bubble bursts

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends lets say i bubble with AA - KK on the bubble by a guy who had also a good hand, well that stuff happends probably not folding that unless im playing a sat, but lets say i do it with QK AJ or something, i wont feel like a loser but i feel like i made a mistake and next time hopefully learn from it.. mistakes happen but don't let them get repeated

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I never feel like loosing if I'm ITM.

Depending on the field and the game level you can consider yourself a winner by being on the bubble.

And of course there's variance.

Being in the bubble won't define if you're a looser or not.
The only way to define this is on the long run.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Only if I feel I played to passively in an attempt to creep into the money. Even then feeling like a loser is way overstating how I feel.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lossing on the bubble is heart breaking but I would not play
that hand any different.

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bursting out on the bubble is a real downer, especially if your not really aware how close the bubble is at any given moment. i was intensely concentrating when i was last out before the money,didn't even realise we where there.
In reality, it will happen to everyone more or less, sooner or later. Best to be a bit philosophical about it.
Does it make you a loser! ....there's only ever one winner! losing is part of the game.best to come to terms with it,sooner is better than later. ;)