D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournament play I raise most of the time
Exceptional circumstances I will limp. Never say never For limping. For example if I short stacked and can not really raise with a pair. Better to set mine with a limp

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I almost never open-limp, especially not in cash games. But if the table allows can do it with low pocket pairs 22-66.

If you count limping behind another limper I gladly do that with Axs, Kxs, sc with gaps, low pp and even unsuited connectors or unsuited Broadways in late position.

If you have an idiot that raises limps big every time you can of course limp good hands in early position, but it is the exception to the rule.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
with low pocket pairs depending on all the situations. Im not against limping ....all depends on how the game is going.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of good points already brought up. The only one I will add is that late in a SNG or tournament I will limp with very strong hands on the btn or SB in order to encourage small stacks to go over the top all in.

G

Giacominii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With not that strong of a hand or to disguise what i got the limp can help.
But it's a rare thing, usually im min raising my opponents

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, if I've open limped in a tournament it's most likely a misclick.

I'll limp behind fairly wide and when it folds around to you in the sb and you've got a monster you can set a nice trap, besides for that, I pretty much raise or fold preflop.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the strategy of getting in too many hands may not always work, because you also increase your variance, so if it's on a positive day that's fine, if it can't even be consumed by the blinds

B

bgmyshu24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, definitely. Good way to steal some pots.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tourneys yes, never in cash games.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping in the dark and wake up with aces... xD

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising is almost always a better move than limping. You also have to be in a game where players are going to allow you to limp. This is difficult since good players with any sort of decent starting hand won't let others see a cheap flop. Even if I decide to play a marginal hand, I nearly always raise. That also helps disguise my hand when I miss the flop because I showed strength pre-flop.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to limp with strong hand when playing vs aggressive players in late stages of game

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I limp. Especially with a pocket mid pair.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you need to balance your range and limp is not a mistake with a fairly wide range, but I'm against limp!

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp a fair bit. Whenever the betting seems low and tight I will limp with good and average starting hands. I also lose a fair bit so it seems to be a bad choice. But I have fun sometimes and pull of a win occasionally.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me add to this that I like to punish limpers from late position. If I have a halfway decent hand, I’d tend to raise 3BB + 1BB/limper. If I can make it heads up, I think that 90% of the time, I can take the pot with a cbet on the flop. I am excited to see limpers in early position and I look for opportunities like this all the time.

Now, knowing that this is the way I like to play limpers in early position, this is why I won’t limp. If I fold to a raise, i just wasted a BB. But if I call, i am out of position for the rest of the hand. And playing OOP suuuuuucks.

So why would I limp from SB? Because it’s basically free to see the flop, and if I flop a monster, it’s showtime. But 95% of the time, it’s a fold. Would only continue if I flop 2 pair or better.

Cheers.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp with small pairs out of position because I'm looking for a cheap flop. Generally, if it's good enough to play, it's good enough to raise.

A

AmaZeus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what is limp in the end?. Drawing with J9os for example?
I thought a limp is betting 1 blind with AA, QQ, KK.
Hmm...still learning then :D

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
So what is limp in the end?. Drawing with J9os for example?
I thought a limp is betting 1 blind with AA, QQ, KK.
Hmm...still learning then :D

You are right, betting 1 BB with these cards is a limp.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do limp a lot. and sometimes i limp with very good hands. slow play is a good turn when you are playing tournaments. you might be aggressive some hands slow others. so it will really depends how am i doing on the tourney

victorcbraga

victorcbraga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on the situation, especially for me, I try to do this when I have already identified the weakness of my opponent or I have a comfortable stack for such. Confidence in your ability to me is the most important factor in this situation.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to do better in tournaments when I can get into as many hands as possible and either steal pots or hit something big?
Do you have any certain range of hands you limp with?

I also seem to always build big chip leads and sometimes lose them.
Also I get bored in tournaments

I have been playing tournaments without deep stacks also. Does that make a difference?

I've been noticing a thing in online gambling some time now the guys are giving too limp for what reason would like to know are doing it.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very few instances where i'll open limp into a pot. I'd rather not go 6 ways to a flop with any hand including premiums.

On the other hand, I love playing with players that limp non stop. They all love to limp call huge raises, and if they do fold, it's just dead money in the pot for me to take.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I feel limping is important in balancing your betting range. Keep your opponents guessing.