Do you ever limp?

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with low pocket pairs depending on all the situations. Im not against limping ....all depends on how the game is going.

this is pretty how I play it, especially if there's someone on the table who's probably going to raise, and I don't want them to re-raise me with a low pair, I'm trying to keep the pot reasonable and want to see the flop.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I don't usually use limp, I prefer to always be the aggressor.

If I am going to limp and fold for a raise, I would rather fold right away before entering the hand.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on how the others are playing and if it presents a tactical advantage ot limp

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp only very few times. Depends for example you are on the BB and SB only just called, if you have a good reading of the guy you can limp depending on the situation. But normally is better to raise or reraise. Do not limp a lot.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i started playing i limped alot, also lost alot. now if i feel like limping i just raise and see how it goes

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
when i started playing i limped alot, also lost alot. now if i feel like limping i just raise and see how it goes
I think every new player limps far too much

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually when the effective stack sizes are deeper than 30bbs and I am in early position set mining.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely, but I may follow other limpers if I believe it will get through to a flop.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have another problem. At the initial stages of the tournament everything is going well for me, but in the middle stages I start to play aggressively and often bluff. And so I lose the stack and then get nervous and lose everything.

I agree with this. The goal is supposed to disguise your hands and extract the most value with your monster hands. If you always raise big with monsters, you'll have little to no action.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a general rule for me when playing at new table I don’t open limp If after a while I sense an aggressive table I will limp more often and let others raise for me at latter positions on premium hands OOP

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a general rule for me when playing at new table I don’t open limp If after a while I sense an aggressive table I will limp more often and let others raise for me at latter positions on premium hands OOP

Exactly. If the table is acting super aggressive, play quiet and just limp from time to time to induce the crazy action.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases, Tight-Aggressive (TAG) is what gets the money.

Gus Hansen, himself, said in Every Hand Revealed that he wished he knew whether LAG or TAG was the optimal approach.

A LAG strategy better conceals your hand, and makes you more difficult to read. And it obviously gives you more opportunities to make big hands, as you see more flops. But, this approach can melt your stack, if you can't spike a good hand.

A TAG tag strategy compresses your range, giving you less chances to make a good hand. However, TAG is far less dependent on paper, than LAG. Your bets will get more respect, allowing you more opportunities to steal pots pre-flop with a raise, or post-flop, via aggression.

As it relates to limping, TAG often endorses suited-connectors and pocket pairs. LAG can be anything from suited-gappers (or even suited-double gappers) to any two connected cards, and much, much worse.

Last edited:
evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure if it might hit and its cheap why not.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started to read about the game of poker, and learning to play always limp with medium-strength hands even in late position. When Beth began to do being in late position, then I began to notice that the stack becomes more if the wounded stage.