Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
so you are playing your"" a game and making great decisions. but time after time you keep getting sucked out on , on the turn or river. getting it in good every time but loosing to players who just wont fold any semblance of a hand.
after this happens to me several times in a row anger kicks in for me. I absolutely hate feeling angry. I play poker for fun but I take it seriously when playing. now I personally don't consider anger and tilt to be the same. some may I don't. I don't tilt, the anger does not affect my decision making , it in fact makes me concentrate harder . but the underlying feeling of anger is there which is probably not good for my health :)!!! it doesn't happen frequently when that people continually suck out but the few times it does don't seem to justify getting angry. but it happens to me every time it happens.
I would just like to hear how others deal with the frustration of anger. ? I feel if I could just get over this emotional hump 100% of my sessions would be enjoyable instead of 95% of them.

thanks
Few failures associated with overexertion, monotony, fatigue, and it is precisely the lack of breaks and holidays are not the most positive impact on the game. And at the time of the next failure you simply can lose control. If that happens, then someone advised not to stay and play on, while others insist on a break. Decide, of course, to you, but remember, if you take a break in the game, then join in something constructive, rather than reflections on the theme: "What am I unlucky."

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go for a jog. Remind myself with every step I take that I was making good decisions and that the biggest hurdle I have to overcome to be a winning player is emotion. By the time I get back I'm ready to either play again or take a needed break and do something else.

Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just think about the times you yourself suckout and get a massive stack then remind yourself that it's all part of the game and there is no need to get paranoid and start tilting.

Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add that you can do nothing about donks calling when they DO NOT have the correct odds but long term you will be making a profit, short term, **** all you can do.

A

ak725

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
y become angry when y try to play poker and a lot of idiots are playing all in, with almoust any card, in the final destroying my straight flush or even 4 of a kind.

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i get angry for getting bad beat , i just went out ,smoked a ciggaratte ,drink some water and listen to my fav songs ,i stopped playing for a while till i feel comfortable and then i start my poker stars client and studied my hand and went to analysis my hand ,try to think what would b the diff way i could have played there and discuss with my frnds about the hand etc..
for me u have to accept u just got a bad beat ,its make me angry but if i dont get over it ,it will affect my rest of my game decision

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People may need to remember that this is nothing but a game and that some people are getting killed for going into the wrong shopping centre at the wrong time.

Play within a bankroll and with money you can afford to lose and anger should never be an issue.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a really good book (or 2 actually) available so you can deal with mental problems. It is called "The Mental Game Of Poker" (part 2 just came out) and is written by Jared Tendler. Many pro's used it to improve there mental game.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That make mi more not angry but depress.
I feel like way mi every time i didn't make bad play, way they river mi every time.
The best is to make a break i think.

piotrk88

piotrk88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After losing a moment thinking about how I could lose and just scream

B

BubbleGumTurbo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start talking to myself and also circle around the room for a couple of minutes. Sometimes I do both at the same time. Other times I just sit tight and listen to music and try to go over it. :)

Chipper_Tracy42

Chipper_Tracy42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online I scream and throw things...lets me vent. Live I say 'nice hand, sir'(they usually know what you mean.)

LOL at this. :p Nice hand Sir, Nice hand Ma'am.. Meaning - F U, you lucky b**ch!!! haha happens all the time..

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having anger issues, too LOL. But it takes few bad beats in a row to get me there .... In last few days I've lost with AA/KK/AK ..... few times each. It's tough especially when I flopped the set with AA/KK. But bad beats happen and yea, I get angry but after few mins you have to move on, realizing that you getting angry doesn't help anything, it only makes everything worse.

M

murrdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im currently trying to practice the discipline right now....it's tough but must be corralled to play your best!!

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
so you are playing your"" a game and making great decisions. but time after time you keep getting sucked out on , on the turn or river. getting it in good every time but loosing to players who just wont fold any semblance of a hand.
after this happens to me several times in a row anger kicks in for me. I absolutely hate feeling angry. I play poker for fun but I take it seriously when playing. now I personally don't consider anger and tilt to be the same. some may I don't. I don't tilt, the anger does not affect my decision making , it in fact makes me concentrate harder . but the underlying feeling of anger is there which is probably not good for my health :)!!! it doesn't happen frequently when that people continually suck out but the few times it does don't seem to justify getting angry. but it happens to me every time it happens.
I would just like to hear how others deal with the frustration of anger. ? I feel if I could just get over this emotional hump 100% of my sessions would be enjoyable instead of 95% of them.

thanks
Yes, regularly there are situations when you want to swallow the mouse. But somehow I have a negative reaction to the chat I never let myself, I can yell at the monitor that you want, and the chat is standard - vnh.

Jackdaclown

Jackdaclown

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When this happens it is very easy to be the person who shoves with any cards on the next hand or two. Usually when I suffer a bad beat, against those who just never fold, I'm happy to have shown people at the table how bad that player is. They may not always be a bad player, but shows good players can make mistakes and have to rely on luck also.

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's strange...whenever I see someone else suffer a bad beat, and then they shove the very next hand, they 100% of the time actually have something shoveable.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When ever i get angry or feel like am going on tilt...i just grab an ice cream from my refrigerator... U believe or not it really works for me to get rid off my tilt/anger....
I gave this tip to few of my poker friends and they said it helped...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
that's strange...whenever I see someone else suffer a bad beat, and then they shove the very next hand, they 100% of the time actually have something shoveable.
same ^

If I wake up with a monster I will often make an overshove hoping some players will think it's a tilt-shove.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well as the saying goes, "sometimes its better to be lucky than good". Even if you're 90% favorite to win the hand, there's still that 10% that you will lose the hand in the long run. You just need to take a breather to calm yourself down and eventually understand that the cards don't always go the way you want it to go.

M

malucado4545

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if someone can help me on this issue I appreciate because I do not know how to deal with anger especially when you are with AA and the guy with 89 couples there comes to him it kills

S

Shadowless

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In live play if I feel myself getting angry I just get up from the table and take a walk, throw on my headphones and mellow out. I find if I remove myself from the situation I may be able to go back to it and see things a bit differently to help my game. I should have taken my own advice this past weekend, maybe I would have actually cashed.

JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same ^

If I wake up with a monster I will often make an overshove hoping some players will think it's a tilt-shove.

And I always fall for your tilt-shoves ;)
I thought your anger was genuine. :argh: