messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Ok this is a thread to discuss what I or You see in the play of our fellow CC freeroll players. This is not to point out any particular players but to hopefully help your and my game.
Common Mistakes as I/You see them. Agree or Disagree I/You may see things different so lets discuss.

The all in jam preflop when the blinds/pot is low. I see this a lot.

I think this is a big mistake for the following reasons.

1. You are risking usually 2000 to 3000 chips to gain less than 50 to 100. The risk return here is way to out of line. Also you failed to maximize the amount of chips you could have gained.

2. If called you are probably way behind or at best risking your tournament life on a flip before the tournament has even really started. Or maybe the caller is just looking to get lucky and maybe he will.

3. The winner of the tournament is never determined in the first levels and the winner is not the player that wins the most hands its the player that wins the most chips.
I remember a tournament I was in it was level 1 and about 400 players were in. One guy jumps up and yells "Yes I just tripled up". He didn't get ITM he didn't even make it to the second break.

completely agree with this post, has some interesting factors, i my self has observed many plays not calculate the risk reward early on in the game when they are uncertain about their win percentage vs tourney life

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest mistakes I see are the limping sins:
1. Limping to sitters
2. Limping with sitters
3. High blind limping
4. Limp folding to short stacks

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is - these are not common mistakes you see in CC freeroll players, these are common mistakes you see in all players at freeroll and micro level stakes.

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pair in the community cards...

is always dangerous in my book, especially when you're looking for a straight card to show. I've seen a lot of full houses pulled off about that time, usually after i catch my straight card...boo hoo...LOL

Leslie

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 2 most common mistakes I keep seeing is playing a mid pocket pair slowly and giving opportunities for the opponent to get there trying to trap him and chasing a flush or straight losing big parts of the stack for no reason

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a lot of weak players who, regardless of position, come in with a weak 73, and so on. It's a shame to fly out with conditional ak in k8

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is rightfully #1 on your list Roger...

1. You are risking usually 2000 to 3000 chips to gain less than 50 to 100. The risk return here is way to out of line. Also you failed to maximize the amount of chips you could have gained.

I always look at that ratio as part of my decision making process when playing, along with 100 other factors!

Good tip!

Leslie

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if I can point out errors, one more thing I'm sure is that you can't play CC freerolls anyway.
We have different types of players, from beginners to the most experienced.
So I try to be calm, patient, I try to steal some blinds, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I try to play my game.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Setting your stack display.

Another common mistake I find is that players I know will keep their stack displayed in money. In betonline you can change it to display as BB or big blinds. This really helps with stack management in tournaments.

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop start with a bad hand hoping for a match and call until the River

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freerolls..

I really have trouble with freerolls.. they are not my favorite tournaments but I play them non the less for a chance at a little extra bank. The beginning of them are very loose and unpredictable to say the least.. and most of the time just put me on Tilt that effects me on other tables for what reason idk. Feelings and emotions are like breathing. They just happen and you can't stop them only control them. Only one of my problems at the tables.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) entra de limp
2) abre maior com boas mãos
3) min donking
4) min beting
5) donking do pote com nuts
6) call allins com cartas bonitas como 98s, JTs para 15-20bbs
7) call muito machado.
8) overplay pequenos pocket pairs
9) call sem odds
10) não pode foldar TP
11) jogar muitos potes multiway
12) não olhar para o tamanho do stack
13) não olhar para posições e ações
14) não melhorar seu jogo de anos[/ CITAR]

There are definitely a lot of mistakes that most players make in freerolls

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think there is much difference between freerol and buy in tournaments. The only difference might be that people play a little looser in freerols. But the mistakes that happen in freerolls also happen in buy-in tournaments. But in freerols you can also test other possibilities in the game without having to pay for it, and for this reason maybe people in freerols also play a little more risky.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

In the BetOnline freerolls I play 3 times a week I see players usually play good poker. Occasionally I see some fool go all in early, but not to often. The rest of the game is pretty regular with the usual mistakes, like a player overbetting a pocket pair or top pair.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok this is a thread to discuss what I or You see in the play of our fellow CC freeroll players. This is not to point out any particular players but to hopefully help your and my game.
Common Mistakes as I/You see them. Agree or Disagree I/You may see things different so lets discuss.

The all in jam preflop when the blinds/pot is low. I see this a lot.

I think this is a big mistake for the following reasons.

2. If called you are probably way behind or at best risking your tournament life on a flip before the tournament has even really started. Or maybe the caller is just looking to get lucky and maybe he will.

3. The winner of the tournament is never determined in the first levels and the winner is not the player that wins the most hands its the player that wins the most chips.
I remember a tournament I was in it was level 1 and about 400 players were in. One guy jumps up and yells "Yes I just tripled up". He didn't get ITM he didn't even make it to the second break.

do you honestly think the players doing that care whether or not this is a mistake?? I understand where you're coming from but for these specific players, they see it as a 'waste of time' and prefer to double up fast and 'have a chance' than to ACTUALLY PLAY GOOD POKER..

your input is appreciated but I would be surprised to see any of the aforementinoed players actually looking a forum posts to learn how to 'play better' lol

thanks

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the biggest mistake I see at CC is players who have been here for years and do not alter their game in any way.
over and over for years trying the same moves and almost always losing.

I am always shocked in real money games (micro) to see that most players are not as good as our CC freerollers.

I try to be consistent but it is so hard because of my different moods :eek::angel::smile::p

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you honestly think the players doing that care whether or not this is a mistake?? I understand where you're coming from but for these specific players, they see it as a 'waste of time' and prefer to double up fast and 'have a chance' than to ACTUALLY PLAY GOOD POKER..

your input is appreciated but I would be surprised to see any of the aforementinoed players actually looking a forum posts to learn how to 'play better' lol

thanks
If just 1 player looked at this and learned something I'm okay with it. This is supposed to be a discussion and learning forum. This is information I would not really give out to players that I wanted to beat.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regardless of the type of game , most players have a tendency to either be super agressive imitating what the pros on telly do or they tend to fall on the other extreme being far too passive.A huge percent have no idea about position and play way too many hands. But this should be taken as an advantage - you do want to see as many weak players as you can- and one shouldn't be discouraged when on tilt in face of these players. Be patient and consistent and results will show

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
they just shove with any two cards some players.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
1) limps
2) open bigger with good hands
3) min donking
4) min beting
5) pot donking with nuts
6) calling allins with good looking cards like 98s, JTs for 15-20bbs
7) calling too many Ax.
8) overplay small pocket pairs
9) calling without odds
10) can't fold TP
11) playing too many multiway pots
12) not looking at stack size
13) not looking at positions and actions
14) not improving their game from years

Sums up the subject precisely!

These opponents also have no gear change. They are the ones I look for.
Those mistakes are also the ones to be aware of in your own game.