Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My take on this thread is looking at things this way.."What are the common strengths you/I see in CC freeroll games ?" The CC games have a relatively stable set of players that you can track and study and you can definitely separate the weak from the strong. Gencoal is an awesome player on Stars. Ask why this player does so well..check sharkscope for additional details. Like chess or GO, you need to have a plan that is founded on solid tactics. Poker is incomplete information so you need to get as much factual information as possible (for the least cost) and apply it full bore when opportunity knocks. These windows of opportunity have quite the variance depending on the game you're in and who is in it with you. One way I look at game scenarios is relative to the balance between patience and optimization. You must have patience and when good luck and bad luck is equally shared among all players, those players with the stones (pun on GO) and the smarts will be the winners and take your money.:cool:

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freeroll

Exacerbated aggression, many want to win the tournament in the first hands, betting everything pre flop. It's hard to play freeroll when many feel comfortable playing without fear of losing. Hahahaha

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most common mistake I see is limping.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
The most common mistake that I make about the ITM is to be more casual to increase the grounds, which sometimes led me to lose.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Limping is most common mistake.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls, there are always some mistakes, the player will come to mind with 7 2 to make an all-in and you fly out of the AK, because at some point this freeroll bothers someone

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Came up with a good strategy: in half of the freerolls all-in with trash hands in the first 10 hands (folding some) and save time (either double the chips or quit the game). And in other part of the freerolls do it with the nuts. No one will know exactly how you will play today :D:D:D

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I agree and do suggest to the players to look at the structure of a tournament before entering it so that you can find out how often the blinds change.

If every ten minutes then you can take the time to get a good hand.
If every 3 minutes and starting chips are low then you have no time to wait for good hand.
Cause you are going to be all in soon. Connectors sometimes work. Suited cards. A or K.
Just my opinion

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ooh, secrets revealed? It is free real estate (meme) :D

Joking aside, I find that our cardschat freerollers (and especially so for the higher tiers) are generally better than your "average" freeroller.

As good as many are, probably the biggest mistake is not working on their game. I believe that the moment you stop improving is the moment others begin to pass you!

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They pay more than normal, and overvalue hands that are not. In many situations I include myself.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many mistakes, including myself:D. But one common mistake I notice, not only committed by CC players , but also by generally, is every time going all in with pocket sevens pre flop, like the 77 would be a magic pair or because it's a beautiful pair.