Are Cardschat Freerolls Worth Playing?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Yes, they are!I am really thankful for being a FRC member.I do like the field of players and also the atmosphere. Thanks CC!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are just the best freerolls and everything else in poker.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an example of a player that does not deposit funds online. So for me, freerolls mean EVERYTHING. Freerolls are the only way I can build a bankroll on a poker site these days.

First of all, as an American, I went thru the very negative experience of Black Friday way back on April 15, 2011. I had just quit my "real job" to go for it and play online poker full time. My government changed those plans, and a full decade later we're still waiting for those idiots to remedy the situation. Nope, never gonna happen.

Second, I don't do bitcoin, and thus, we Americans really have no way to deposit funds onto poker sites if we don't do bitcoin.

Since I love poker (I don't play for the money, I play for the competition and the love of the game), I had to find a way to develop bankrolls on all the remaining sites we Americans are allowed to play on... ACR obviously runs their own freerolls, because they get it - they understand there's a need and a market for freerolls which can turn players like me into little rake-making machines for the site... but all the other sites don't get it. None of them run freerolls, I was able to scrape 2 dollars off BetOnline freerolls back when they actually ran them (the prize was a single dollar and the cheapest tournament cost 1.10 so you had to win two freerolls to play!) and I've run that up to 10 bucks, but its such a slow process I decided to join CardsChat to try and accelerate my Zero-To-Hero challenge a bit.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are great and very useful.
Surely my friend they are very good and it makes those who like tournaments and those who like it enjoy. They don't have for a ticket, other than to win cash

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course they are worth playing.
We feel good, we are among sane people and most of the time in front of better players than in the freerolls open to all and that allows us to considerably improve our style of play.
Anyway for me it has been very beneficial so far and I thanks CardsChat for that.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat freerolls are absolutely worth playing!!

The quality of the players, here, is quite good, and there is a lot of learning that can be gained by playing against them.

Also, it's a chance to have some good chat with people that you see leaving messages in the forums.

I for one, really look forward to the Cardschat toruneys.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It all depends on what you want from poker, Free-rolls are a great opportunity to increase your bankroll for no investment.
More importantly they also give you the practice everyone needs to improve your playing skills.
But if you want to make a living from them, then forget it, free-rolls attract a lot of players who play just for fun and they are usually pretty good already, but any practice is better than non at all.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, structure is very good and fields are small, just play them, nuff said

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are definitely worth playing if you dont expect to make huge wins in a certain time!
Always keep in mind that you are not the only one who wants to win a freeroll, but I think if you stay motivated you will see good results ;):p

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any freeroll is worth playing. No buy in to win a small amount of real money.
That is value (Worth).

You need to consider why you are playing, for fun or to make money. Anyone playing freerolls are people that are playing for fun and don't take it seriously.
Or it is people just starting out and learning the game.

If you are good enough to win a big money tournament, you are wasting your time with freerolls.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone playing freerolls are people that are playing for fun and don't take it seriously.
Or it is people just starting out and learning the game.

If you are good enough to win a big money tournament, you are wasting your time with freerolls.

Some players (like me) have no other way to build a bankroll on a poker site except to play freerolls, win a few bucks and grind it up. So not everybody falls into your two categories, you forgot about us. :)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not too much money to win in CC freerolls but playing this freerolls give many experience.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had the opportunity to play the CC freerolls as a Freeroll Club member for about 7 months now, and I would like to share with you, my CC friends, some insight.

I like these freerolls. I like them a lot. Why? It's simple. For a poker rookie like me, the most important thing is practice. Granted, one could practice using play money on PS, or playing the $50 freerolls on ACR. But the CC freerolls are different. The players are better.

In my opinion, CC freerolls are the closest thing there is to a buy-in MTT, without spending your own money. And they are not easy to win. Many new players join the Freeroll Club and give up after a while, disappointed by their results. You know why? Because they joined the Freeroll Club for the wrong reason. They were the ones benefiting the most from the freerolls because of playing against a field of superior players. Their poker skill growth curve would have been steeper than the other club members' who were actually going past the bubble and getting into the prize money.

Playing the freerolls for almost 7 months now, I started to have an idea about who the better players are, and I'm happy when I see them sitting at my table. I prefer threading water against these superior players than swimming past players of lesser skill than myself. I learn way more, even though I get into the money less often.

So in my opinion the main benefit of CC freerolls is not playing against a smaller field, but from playing against a field where the opponents' average skill is higher and you have to dig deep and give everything you've got just to survive.

That's the real difference between CC freerolls and the other freerolls available to us. Playing good freerolls should not be looked at as a way to make money or build a bankroll, but as a way to learn the game and gain experience for free. Building a bankroll from scratch should be perceived only as a welcomed side effect of becoming a better player.

If you are interested in CC freerolls as a way to make a quick buck to lose at the microstakes tables, I guarantee you'll be disappointed with your results.
As for me, I personally consider the CC freerolls a more effective way to improve my poker skills than any poker school. Also the League games, I'm learning a lot playing those as well.

In the end, I would like to give a shout-out to some of the players who joined the club more recently and keep busting me out of the freerolls: 300HPGOD, AllenKll, WhiskeyFix. You guys are all better players than me, and I am learning from you every time we play against each other, so thank you and keep it up!
Very good post. And very true. I think what Cardschat freerolls do is that you learn to improve your game. I have learned different aspects of the game from other better rated players and that is allowing me to advance a little further at the tables. I keep making naive mistakes, but little by little, and with the blows I learn ...:cool::cool:

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly, CC freerolls are very important to every poker player's start to build their Bankroll. As it also helps people from different countries who cannot deposit money on poker platforms.:cool::cool:

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They are absolutely worth playing, and a great way to build a bankroll from nothing. It's how I started with online poker, many many years ago. Built some bankrolls up from $0 thanks to CardsChat.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly, the cardschat freerolls are a great opportunity and I recommend anyone who has time to play them to continue to take advantage of this chance.

Damon2479

Damon2479

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards chat freerolls

I think the freerolls are definitely worth playing because you have a chance to play against a variety of players. No experience players as well as experienced ones. I myself at a certain point in tourneys begin to see the difference in players from the way they are betting and folding. The bluffing shows early in low pots and I don't see it as much later in tourneys in bigger pots with experienced players. Although sometimes I find myself wrong about players. Which turns into yet another learning experience.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the truth is, they are excellent because they help to see all the types of strategies that I could know, although it is a way to practice too

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need 75 post to get the best out of the freeroll on PS. Hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks. Look forward to seeing all member at PS very soon , thx

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There isn’t really a downside I can see in playing CC free rolls. You get practice, play against good players and you have a chance to win some money.

I guess the person who started this thread was asking a rhetorical question, he ended up answering yes. Worthwhile - this means different things for different people if you are a poker pro who has a winrate of 10BB/hr, playing 10/20 cash games, you might say no, the freerolls are not worthwhile.

I always use myself as an example, when I joined CardsChat 4 years ago, I suffered a severe injury at work, I suddenly had time on my hands. I have always played poker but never really worked to get better, I started to play most of the freerolls and slowly began improving. Now I play the freerolls again after taking off for a few months, I have bankrolls on ACR, Bet-on-line, intertops, it all came from freerolls, not deposits. SO- all my rambling is to say that if you enjoy poker, don't have a bunch of disposable income, then CC freerolls is worth the investment of getting active on the forums, and making a few posts. have fun

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had the opportunity to play the CC freerolls as a Freeroll Club member for about 7 months now, and I would like to share with you, my CC friends, some insight.

I like these freerolls. I like them a lot. Why? It's simple. For a poker rookie like me, the most important thing is practice. Granted, one could practice using play money on PS, or playing the $50 freerolls on ACR. But the CC freerolls are different. The players are better.

In my opinion, CC freerolls are the closest thing there is to a buy-in MTT, without spending your own money. And they are not easy to win. Many new players join the Freeroll Club and give up after a while, disappointed by their results. You know why? Because they joined the Freeroll Club for the wrong reason. They were the ones benefiting the most from the freerolls because of playing against a field of superior players. Their poker skill growth curve would have been steeper than the other club members' who were actually going past the bubble and getting into the prize money.

Playing the freerolls for almost 7 months now, I started to have an idea about who the better players are, and I'm happy when I see them sitting at my table. I prefer threading water against these superior players than swimming past players of lesser skill than myself. I learn way more, even though I get into the money less often.

So in my opinion the main benefit of CC freerolls is not playing against a smaller field, but from playing against a field where the opponents' average skill is higher and you have to dig deep and give everything you've got just to survive.

That's the real difference between CC freerolls and the other freerolls available to us. Playing good freerolls should not be looked at as a way to make money or build a bankroll, but as a way to learn the game and gain experience for free. Building a bankroll from scratch should be perceived only as a welcomed side effect of becoming a better player.

If you are interested in CC freerolls as a way to make a quick buck to lose at the microstakes tables, I guarantee you'll be disappointed with your results.
As for me, I personally consider the CC freerolls a more effective way to improve my poker skills than any poker school. Also the League games, I'm learning a lot playing those as well.

In the end, I would like to give a shout-out to some of the players who joined the club more recently and keep busting me out of the freerolls: 300HPGOD, AllenKll, WhiskeyFix. You guys are all better players than me, and I am learning from you every time we play against each other, so thank you and keep it up!

Great post, and wonderful mindset! :)

I don't play in the CC games often (well I play a lot of the BoL/SB ones) but I'm sure you will have a note or two to take on me. :)

GL on your poker journey!

Jordan

atamian85

atamian85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to think so.. to bad i havnt been able to join one yet lol.. but any freeroll is worth playing.. especially if you are a good player.. even tho im new to this site and just getting a hand of it i think this site has some pretty cool offers.. thanks cards chat for my future progress lol

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, they are free
but to be honest about the practice, not everything is so obvious here, because people there do not try very hard

Freeroll Passwords