Are Cardschat Freerolls Worth Playing?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are worth playing because there are reasonable players.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't agree more. The FRC freerolls are the toughest field of freerolls I've ever taken part in. I've picked up loads of things for my own game aswell. I've always used the money I make from the FRC freerolls for shots in higher buyin tournaments & kept grinding my usual microstakes with the bankroll I built from playing those stakes.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's what I will say about this. I want to start a real poker carer, but without my own investment. This is my principle, which I will never step over. I want to start mining those first prize money at the school of poker where I have already mined and finished second on the leaderboard the first time. And for one thing I want to try to get normal access to cardschat tournaments, especially since I like to communicate here. This is how I plan to set myself a start, even if it will take me half a year for normal prize money.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the author of this article that these freerolls are specific, because their structure is smooth, the players are stronger, the prizes are good, as for a freeroll. This is the same as a regular tournament (but you don't have to pay a buy-in).

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I totally agree the free-rolls are a great way to practice and even though I have been a member only for a short time the lessons in the Colin Moshman and Katie Dozier course has taught me a great deal and also some of the comments from other members have helped me improve my game.
I have played quite a few of the free-rolls and managed to cash in a couple but more importantly it has helped me in my buy-in games as well.
Keep up the good work and advice CardsChat.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...cardschat freerolls are well worth the time...better players to match wits,usually friendly chat,great times,sometimes different games and as a bonus sometimes a prize

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

I find them an interesting challenge to learn and enrich the game of poker, perhaps they are the highest quality free games in terms of the level of poker players! I would like to participate in them daily.

:kh4::kc4: king kong

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say OP that this is exactly what I feel about playing CC freerolls.
I wanna sharpen my skillset and what better way to do it against better people? I totally agree with your mindset, there's no fun taking candy away from a baby! So I'd rather prove myself in a field of experienced poker players. If I get good results, then maybe I got lucky, maybe I am playing better, we'll see if I can get good results consistently. If I get bad results, then maybe I have to play better, but I got experience from the bad run anyways, so it's also a win.
I used to play poker as a hobby, used to win fairly often in home games with buddies, also won 1st place in a poker tourney organized by my university back then, I do think I have more knowledge than the average player. Lately during pandemic started to play online with a group of people and have been running quite bad. So I'm determined to learn more and become a better player myself.

I've had the opportunity to play the CC freerolls as a Freeroll Club member for about 7 months now, and I would like to share with you, my CC friends, some insight.

I like these freerolls. I like them a lot. Why? It's simple. For a poker rookie like me, the most important thing is practice. Granted, one could practice using play money on PS, or playing the $50 freerolls on ACR. But the CC freerolls are different. The players are better.

In my opinion, CC freerolls are the closest thing there is to a buy-in MTT, without spending your own money. And they are not easy to win. Many new players join the Freeroll Club and give up after a while, disappointed by their results. You know why? Because they joined the Freeroll Club for the wrong reason. They were the ones benefiting the most from the freerolls because of playing against a field of superior players. Their poker skill growth curve would have been steeper than the other club members' who were actually going past the bubble and getting into the prize money.

Playing the freerolls for almost 7 months now, I started to have an idea about who the better players are, and I'm happy when I see them sitting at my table. I prefer threading water against these superior players than swimming past players of lesser skill than myself. I learn way more, even though I get into the money less often.

So in my opinion the main benefit of CC freerolls is not playing against a smaller field, but from playing against a field where the opponents' average skill is higher and you have to dig deep and give everything you've got just to survive.

That's the real difference between CC freerolls and the other freerolls available to us. Playing good freerolls should not be looked at as a way to make money or build a bankroll, but as a way to learn the game and gain experience for free. Building a bankroll from scratch should be perceived only as a welcomed side effect of becoming a better player.

If you are interested in CC freerolls as a way to make a quick buck to lose at the microstakes tables, I guarantee you'll be disappointed with your results.
As for me, I personally consider the CC freerolls a more effective way to improve my poker skills than any poker school. Also the League games, I'm learning a lot playing those as well.

In the end, I would like to give a shout-out to some of the players who joined the club more recently and keep busting me out of the freerolls: 300HPGOD, AllenKll, WhiskeyFix. You guys are all better players than me, and I am learning from you every time we play against each other, so thank you and keep it up!

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope they are worth it I am getting close to 75 posts, I have been a member here for years and I have posted every once in a while, but now I am looking to get entry to these freerolls, and I will probably post my results and maybe I can compare with other players. as I am not really used to playing freerolls with good opponents either.

HitCo33

HitCo33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the challenge of the FreeRolls! It is really not about the time or money for me but the goal is to consistently cash in the game.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they are the only freerolls worth playing!!!!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat free rolls are extremely generous and a great way to play in tournaments with nice prizes while not even risking your own money at all :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are Cardschat freerolls worth playing?

Hello.
Absolutely. For many, many reasons.
danoscar

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's worth it, this is a great opportunity for beginners to learn how to play well and increase their bonkrol.

Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why the hell wouldn't it be worth it to play CC freerolls ?

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely yes ...... but everyone can have an opinion on it :)

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thanks friend for posting, exactly what i try to evolve playing these free!

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES,, In fact these are the best free games (even the paid ones) value wise that you will get. They run enough that most can at least luck into money sometimes (me) and that helps the bankroll as Im a low roller and if I dont have to deposit (as you can see I dont withdrawLOL)

Im doing my 5 weeks penance now to get back into the games, CYA in 4 weeks LOL

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, obviously, you can try to build some small bankroll from freerolls and then continue to play some micro sng's

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope they are worth it I am getting close to 75 posts, I have been a member here for years and I have posted every once in a while, but now I am looking to get entry to these freerolls, and I will probably post my results and maybe I can compare with other players. as I am not really used to playing freerolls with good opponents either.
What are the points you are referring to? How do you check to see if you got points?

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsrasil

of course it is very good to play card chart games

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play all of them but when I do play I love them becuse most of the player play smart they dont just fire all in because they got Ace Two off-suit.

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's nice to play against other cc members and being a freeroll makes it even better! There is a way to build your bankroll with some luck even without deposits.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat Freerolls

I believe these freerolls are most certainly worth the time to play and am happy CC has them! Unlike other freerolls out there in CC games there are a lot of really good players to match up against and unlike other freerolls not a lot of "bingo" in CC freerolls.

Keep em coming CC & Thanks for the opportunity to play in these!

Cheers All :D

Freeroll Passwords