Call everything with AKs in the bubble

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play more tournaments ,then cash games. I like ace king in bubble position, more then playing it early on in tournaments. I find myself going out on , ace king early in tournaments. Ace king in bubble , I have won more hands that way.

fabio_xx

fabio_xx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Drop the AK.

I would drop the hand. Only situations I would pay ALL in a bubble are AA, KK and QQ depending who the villain is.

Off course, if you have less than 20 BB that would change.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK sometimes if I play all in, but most of the time I see the FLOT.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played the AK tonight in the bubble and won.. Its a good hand!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wihout a doubt i fold, AK is a stupid overrated hand, it's just gambling calling, you should only call if you have more chips. poker is a game of patience just to tell that once i won a tournament having less than 5 blinds during bubble. doubling before bubble is not a guarantee of getting final table even more playing a gambling hand like AK.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
¡Hola chicos!
Quiero publicar una encuesta aquí y dejarle una pregunta.

• Estás jugando un MTT con una entrada de $ 250 con un premio acumulado garantizado de $ 1,000,000 Gtd
Tienes AK en el botón y el villano va all-in en utg con más fichas que tú, todos los jugadores antes de que te rindas.

¿Darías esta llamada sabiendo que solo queda un jugador para reventar la burbuja y sabiendo que hacer esa llamada pondría en peligro todo tu torneo al rascarte la caída antes de ingresar a ITM?
[/ CITA]

In that game situation I do a FOLD and always depending on the size of my stack and more due to the type of event that is being played with a guaranteed $ 1,000,000. AK is a hand that we greatly overvalued since the Pre Flop, but the most likely villain is under your hand making that move with either hand to press and grab the money on the table or maybe he has a medium pair in hand and just You have 2 good over cards but only preflop, it is risky to call because if the Board does not help us and we do not connect anything we are left out. I would try to wait for a better place to try to fold and avoid these risky situations, but it will always depend on the size of my stack.

for me the chance of winning is unlikely even with a double up with 5BB - shorter here I try to make the money as the primary goal and hope to get lucky. This assumes a large field remaining and shorter stacks.

i will fold.. not calling.

Snap fold as long as I have enough to make ITM! Live to fight another day!

But this combination is not clear. Today I took off with AK, but remained in the prizes, I regret that I made a move with these cards. My view of this combination is getting worse. Today, my AK lost to 88. I often lose with this combination
My answer: FOLD

Life is a game , play beautiful

could have much weaker cards for a call in this situation ;)

most of the time I gave up. | but if he needs enough information about the villain, he could run!

fold is the right decision and an easy decision at such a high stakes bubble.

but

if we're at a table with a big stack clearly taking advantage of the bubble and shoving hand after hand, we just can't fold AK. Maybe 3 out of 10 times we will but I think most of us know we don't have a choice. It's a poker tournament after all and if we're gonna pass on an obvious chance of a double up maybe we should play some other game.

MTTs are not my strong point, and I agree there is some missing info here, but here are my thoughts on this. I haven't yet watched Evan's video but here's generally where I stand with this decision.

If we have a healthy stack relative to the rest of the field then it doesn't make sense to call and risk a coin flip situation for our tournament lives or even worse run into KK+. We can plug this into an ICM calculator and see that folding is usually best in these scenarios. It may get interesting if V is notoriously loose and we are the only two players with a massive chip lead that would essentially mean that the winner of this hand can coast on to the final table and perhaps even deep into the final table and be a huge favorite to win it all. But again, none of this info is provided.

As our stack gets shorter relative to the rest of the field it becomes necessary to double up in order to put us in a position to make the bubble. We don't want to just blind ourselves out waiting for someone else to bust first if we are one of the shortest stacks because as they are forced to get their stack in, if they double up, then we will have very few good opportunities to double up ourselves to stay in it. I think there are too many different scenarios to say for certain what is best. But my goal would be to compare my equity vs Vs range to the percentage chance that I can fold my way past the bubble in this second general scenario where we are both short compared to the field. At some point it will become a better decision to double up than to fold and hope enough players bust first or a better spot presents itself.

Call. The purpose of MTTs is the final table. This type of decisions mainly depends on your observation over the player. Though this is a million dollar battle, no give up.

I think at this point if you have studied the player with the most chips, you should already know if the UTG player is blipping or is really only taking advantage of his position or has really only been playing with decent or good hands, based on the study of this player you can make a more favorable decision in your favor, I think that if you really believe that he is bluffing, then go ahead, all in life, but if you think that you are only one or two hands from the prizes and you can wait and not It greatly affects your number of chips, it is better to wait at this point. Regards.

You're suggesting the question is very simple BUT you are STILL missing the point of what others were asking you..... 'it depends' on some info. that you are not providing.

IF you want to get a 'good' answer, you'll need to provide that info.

Just seeing you continue to not plug in the info. other's mentioned, tells me a lot.

The way you playing for itm or farthest way in tournament. I'd call if my casual mtt was 250$

If am not very short stacked and i am sure that i will manage to get to the money with my current stack i will fold AKs in this case. After all AK is not made hand and even if someone is bullying with low pocket pair it is just a coin flip for your tournament life. In such situation i will not pay with anything less than QQ.

I think this decision I would make mostly on observation of villain. Most of the players are playing really tight before bubble some of them are waiting so loooong to fold but on the other hand there is one player who would go all in with anything cause he knows he can harvest all BB. There are some players who would even fold AA as you can see in this thread, so there has to be one player who will use it :) You will go all in even with 2,7 offsuited when you know your opponents will fold even premium hands. Of course this kind of tourney is not a micro MTT but still this kind of money can mean nothing for somebody else, so you should think about possibility that villain might not think about that he paid 250 for tourney. To be honest, I catch second breath on bubble like this many times. I have seen players bluffing on this kind of situation (but micro or low of course) with ridiculous combinations. Especially when you have a short stack, there are not many players behind you, you should call this kind of hand even when it might cost you a lot, but playing other 15 minutes and waiting for bubble player can cost you more, cause other AK might not come. When you are sure that villain likes to play tight, of course fold. When you are not sure I would call.

yeah u right, u should be always think about high not about bubble

It depends on your stack, if you are the smallest stack, its a call. If you are mid to high stack fold. Doesn't make sense busting out earlier than the small stack if you still have enough chips to play with.

If it was me, I'd be waiting for the rest of the time bank. And if no itm, then Fold. Because we have a coin. And this spot is not good for us, even he had A with worse second card, he have chance. For bubble it is fold, because it is spot witch we don't want to play. After itm its call. And find best chance double up.

Personally, it depends on the state. When in doubt or not collected, it is better to fold to the prizes. And when it's on fire, push it while it's hot)

Totally agree here. Ideally I'd want to fold to secure at least initial ITM payout but hard to fold against table bully who will raise small pairs like 66 / 77 or hands like AJ,AQ,A10 K* etc in which case I maybe call and pray lol

hi. AK is a good hand, but in a tournament with a good prize, bet everything and lose to a 22, I would break my PC right away. I wouldn't bet pre-flop for sure.

With AK I don't even go to the corner in the bubble, I hope the bubble bursts and then if AK comes I go with everything.:cool:

AK is the one hand I hate most of all, It certainly looks good especially if suited but at the end of the day it is still Ace rag, I would always fold on the bubble.
It is overrated as a good hand, and that far deep into a tourney I would fold every hand if it meant my tourney life. I have even folded AA when in that position, facing an all-in from the big stack, I will fold like the wind until the bubble burst.

By the way if I had called with AA in that hand I would have been the bubble boy.

Unless villain has pocket Aces or Kings, you are probably in a coin flip situation. Going all-in UTG is quite intimidating I would actually fold in that situation if I were you.

You entered the tourney for 1 reason - Finish 1st. Play cash games if your after $$$

If it's a satellite bubble I can easily fold even pocket kings or aces not just AK combo :p

I play more tournaments ,then cash games. I like ace king in bubble position, more then playing it early on in tournaments. I find myself going out on , ace king early in tournaments. Ace king in bubble , I have won more hands that way.

I would drop the hand. Only situations I would pay ALL in a bubble are AA, KK and QQ depending who the villain is.

Off course, if you have less than 20 BB that would change.

AK sometimes if I play all in, but most of the time I see the FLOT.

I played the AK tonight in the bubble and won.. Its a good hand!

wihout a doubt i fold, AK is a stupid overrated hand, it's just gambling calling, you should only call if you have more chips. poker is a game of patience just to tell that once i won a tournament having less than 5 blinds during bubble. doubling before bubble is not a guarantee of getting final table even more playing a gambling hand like AK.

Hello guys!

Thank you all for your opinions and answers.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm going fold here with AK. Only call I'll make this late would be QQ, KK or AA. Double up would be great, not all in pre-flop. Would love play the hand post flop though.

Rather find a better spot to get all in and not risk my tournament ending.
In my opinion you have to fold also with QQ and KK if you want to get to the money. Tournament with 250 USD buy-in it is not like a micro where a lot of people are going to all-in, especially when you in the deep stage. I saw a few times when people lost with AA at the bubble to call cheap leaders all-in.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was in basically this situation last night....w/o being in the "bubble".

It went down like this. ME dealt to with AK offsuit. VILLAN with 1/2 the stack of mine.... He's in front of the BUTTON the worst position. VILLAN goes all in on OPENING BET.

What to do? I could call, I could raise, or fold?

What did I do? Since the tourney was in the the 1st 15min of play. VILLIAN was already DOWN 1/2 stack. I figure, he's desperate or has AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 10,10, 9,9.

No one calls the guy and it get's to me. I GO ALL IN (on the information above....).

The FLOP: 3 hearts and a spade

His Cards: A,2 (Ah, 2spades) - he's got 4 hearts with the A.
My Cards: A,Ko (As, Kh) - I got 4hearts with the K.

Turn: a non matching club.

River: 3h. ----> making that dude's HIGHER FLUSH taking my 1000 in chips.

Needless to say, I was stunned, almost shell shocked for the next 1/2 hour. I did manage to survive w/o re buying down to the 50% level and got crushed on my last BLITZ.

Big learning experience: I will do that same move in the future. Since that was a extremely long shot and my STACK was twice of his. STACK size is very important when faced with a PRE-FLOP all in. Thank you for you time....

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha they are not always the best options to go all in with one hand so because the probability of not drawing a pair is very high because even so a simple pair of 2 could take our hand

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s a crazy cooler

It’s all about quantity, it was a good play you just got unlucky it happens but you’ll get it on the next one you had him dominated but big slick it a tricky hand especially off suit.

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation. If I have a good stack of money, I'll make a normal raise with this hand and see how other players react. If everything is reset, then great. In case of a call from another player and not falling on the Board, I will most likely throw this hand off. In the opposite case, when I have a small stack, I can just throw this hand out, sometimes sometimes I'm crazy, hehe.:itsme:

Life is a game , play beautiful

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the amount of info given it all depends on if your goal is to just make the money or final table or win. If only trying to make the money than no. If trying to win than yes knowing its probably a race if I do not have the better Ace or K. Very Rarely would I be up against AA or KK since I have blockers (But can and does happen)

That is again dependent on what position I am in the tournament. If he is 1 and I am 2 than hell no. There will be better positions later. If I am the shortest stack in tournament than an easy call...

Is Vilnian bullying a lot or is he playing very passive?

There is no easy answer to this question with all the details in the original post.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm going fold here with AK. Only call I'll make this late would be QQ, KK or AA. Double up would be great, not all in pre-flop. Would love play the hand post flop though.

Rather find a better spot to get all in and not risk my tournament ending.

I agree completely, but I would probably take the QQ out of my calling range.
But that's because with my luck he would be pushing with AKs and my QQ would be a flip. Me and Flips don't work out so well in late stages of tournaments lately.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call with big slick. You take your chances and hopefully take a big stack in the final table.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is so tempting but by the given circumstances id rather fold and wait for a better spot , the fact that they shove utg they could have aces or kings! then you are crushed

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact UTG went all-in instead of raising, it's not worth the risk before making ITM. Another hand will come.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a very simple question and the answer is not difficult. In this situation, you must fold without any problems and calmly wait for the prizes. I can safely say that the person who will go all in in this situation is not very smart...

I think it doesn't matter what the average stack of the tournament is, how many chips you have, or what opponent is against you. In this situation, only one thing is important: THE OPPONENT HAS MORE CHIPS THAN YOU. Risking everything, going all in and not getting anything is absolutely stupid. I'm sure bubble is not a situation where you need to try and take risks. You should have done it earlier. If you are on the money, sit quietly and wait for the prizes (if there are enough chips). In this situation, I will throw out KK without problems and will think for a long time if I have AA. It's simple.

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that it depends on how many bb they both have but in a short situation I would choose to call if I have a healthy stack I think that in the long term avoiding any flip is also profitable

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!
I want to post a poll here and leave you a question.

• You are playing an MTT with $250 entry with guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000 Gtd
You have AKs on the button and the villain goes All-in in utg with more chips than you, all players before you give up.

Would you give this call knowing that there is only one player left to burst the bubble and knowing that you giving that call would be compromising your entire tournament by scratching fall before entering ITM?

I'd fold to make the money, then play more aggressively ITM to try for a larger payout.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold, at that time I'm sure, the math, the player, the cards, the website, even the gods are against me.I know my luck, I prefer to run and come back to fight later.

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will hold big cards if I am in bubble unless they are pair that’s much better probability instead of unrelated cards

wsumiesum

wsumiesum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play all-in only with AA before floop only if I can't loose all my chips.. too many bad situations and lost with random hands like 99

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation, it is an easy fold for me, especially that 4 from5 times in similar situatuions I burn with AK... no question, easy fold before ITM, even before FT in a huge GTD tourney, even smaller ones, I can wait for few more hands, to get in ITM, FT, let someone else rush and burn... other good situation will come up and if i lose, i lose less.....

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of my chip count, if I have like 10 BB and everybody plays tight I will go for it,because most of the time I will be facing A-rag .