Call everything with AKs in the bubble

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since such tournaments are not for my bankroll, I would reset the AK on the bubble (unless I had 10 bb or less).

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would not call considering the stake of the tournament and I would expect to be the one in the position to be sure of an all in

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll skin it,since the stack doesn't allow me to stay in the game and from the first position Allin is not made with the worst hand...Fold.Fold.Fold...

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll skin it,since the stack doesn't allow me to stay in the game and from the first position Allin is not made with the worst hand...Fold.Fold.Fold...

I would not call considering the stake of the tournament and I would expect to be the one in the position to be sure of an all in

Since such tournaments are not for my bankroll, I would reset the AK on the bubble (unless I had 10 bb or less).

This is an easy fold here. You'll have plenty of better situations after you're ITM. This would be foolish IMO, even if you double up. Too much risk.

In the situation you mention, I throw any type of cards.
Greetings thank you

For me it would depend of how many BB I have left, if I have less than 5BB I would probably call with AK, if I have more I would fold and at least guarantee some money.

Man, I just play freerolls, and i do it for fun. With AA, KK or AK... always all in

I have already been eliminated from tournaments with AK more than once , so I would definitely throw out a raise from UTG!

Unless the payout was $50 or more, I'm calling AK every time. Bubble or not.

I think it would be a foolish call! Why would you play all that time to risk your tournament with AK. Maybe a made hand but not AK!

It's serious, we are not in a CC freeroll or a small MTT... :rolleyes:
In this particular situation, patience is the best ally, so I would wait for a more favorable moment. Because although it is extremely tempting, you risk your tournament in one hand, close to the bowl of sangria. :D
It's hot. :confused:

Damn that is exactly what I was going to post. There are many factors to consider like you pointed out and If I have enough chips to make a run at the final table I think I would more lean to fold here. My reasoning is at best you are probably a coin flip and at this point in a tournament why risk your life on a coin flip. But that really depends where I am in the standing , how many chips I have ETC, Just like you said

Solid question brother, need more info to make a fair response though.

How many players are paid and how far are we from the final table?

Do we have an average stack, above average stack, below average stack?

How many big blinds is the shover moving in for? (this will greatly affect his range)

There are a lot of factors we must consider to be able to truly make this decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJ-VKarvj4?t=3076

Hope those questions and this video helps! :icon_joke

In another more "regular" situation and if my game study was allowoing this, I would make the call. BUT if I was a breath before the money in a 250$ mtt, I would not make that call. It would be a pity to destroy so much effort in such an mtt. Except if your stack was very small and the blinds did not leave you other choise!

I would fold, it is a good tournament and to go so far having the possibility of entering prizes first, I make sure to enter prizes for the type of tournament ,,, it is very typical to see those with more chips go all in because most of the time nobody will pay Due to the situation and sometimes something frustrating when having to fold that type of hands, it is best to forget about the situation because I consider the best thing to do is fold:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Probably not folding, bubble is the time to chip up and you don't do this by folding good hands... especially against a range you should be easily ahead of here.

Obviously the correct answer is that it depends on how many big blinds you are effective with UTG.

As for whether you get a min-cash or not, this matters very little in the long-run, but I understand why people get shortsighted when they can win their money back just by folding!

Good luck! :D

the question depends on alot outside of the actual MTT. how much is riding on the min cash and how importnant is it to your overall bankroll? i mean almost ALWAYS going to be a call but if a LARGE part of your overall bank roll was in this tourney (which should mean you're not playing in it at all) then i could see a fold there.

I'm going fold to bubble....:)

I would assess who is the opponent who made the move, how he has been playing in the last few hands. Usually when you are playing against aggressives players, your chances of having a better hand increase, otherwise, if you are playing against a tighter player we have to be more connected, as he may have top pair or hands as strong as yours, my opnion

fold and save yourself from getting nothing for hours of play.

It really has a lot to consider, but what a poker player has to have in mind.

It's simply getting into an MTT to raise a big heass and get to ITM or try to be the best and get to an FT and nail a tournament.

The question was very simple... You have an AKs and you are in the position of the button and the villain who is in the UTG position and with more chips you go and puts all the chips on the cloth, all this pre-flop.

It is worth rebreaking that you have little information about this player and are playing an MTT with $250 entry and prize pool of $1,000.000 Gtd. OBS: All this missing from just one player to burst the bubble.

So what do you do? You pay this bet and try to double your chips and stay alive for someone who knows how to get to an FT or discard your AKs and get killed to fall right after?

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
As mentioned above, there is some missing info here. At least how much is the 1st payout and more importantly how much it means to your bankroll. Otherwise, it's an easy fold even if we are certain that the UTG player is putting pressure on us, he could still win with any 2 cards anyway. I've bubbled more than once in the same scenario with AA, cracked by 95o and 48o, so letting go with a pretty hand such AKs, get in the money then take it from there would be the way to go in my opinion.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will fold if i get in this situation :), didnt pay 250$ to play 1.000.000gtd yet

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, if I have a comfortable and fold battery, if a short battery is called.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly not, I would fold and that would be an easy fold. Even with AA I would consider folding because any hand has approx 18% chance to crack the aces. It is simply a matter of money - there is no necessity to go all in in such example unless you are an absolute, absolute shortstack.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friend, I would study my opponent the previous hands how he played them if he is very aggressive, if he plays many hands, if on the contrary he plays very tight he probably has high pairs or a better hand than you

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I would study my opponent the previous hands how he played them if he is very aggressive, if he plays many hands, if on the contrary he plays very tight he probably has high pairs or a better hand than you

Certainly not, I would fold and that would be an easy fold. Even with AA I would consider folding because any hand has approx 18% chance to crack the aces. It is simply a matter of money - there is no necessity to go all in in such example unless you are an absolute, absolute shortstack.

It depends, if I have a comfortable and fold battery, if a short battery is called.

i will fold if i get in this situation :), didnt pay 250$ to play 1.000.000gtd yet

As mentioned above, there is some missing info here. At least how much is the 1st payout and more importantly how much it means to your bankroll. Otherwise, it's an easy fold even if we are certain that the UTG player is putting pressure on us, he could still win with any 2 cards anyway. I've bubbled more than once in the same scenario with AA, cracked by 95o and 48o, so letting go with a pretty hand such AKs, get in the money then take it from there would be the way to go in my opinion.

I understand the placement of you guys. But you're saying there's a lack of information. The question is pretty simple. It is logical that in a tournament of this size the first place prize pool will be around 10% to 15% of the total amount that would be $1,000,000 Gtd or so. And also hard for you to have information of an opponent playing so few hands against him. That's why the question becomes simple. What would you do in a situation like this? For some it is difficult to speak precisely because i have never played an MTT of this size. But if you're a player who's playing this kind of tournament, then I believe at least you want to get into FT. It is also worth mentioning that you have an AKs in your hands which by the way is not such a powerful hand if it has an AA or KK. But the point is that you don't know what he has, or he may be pushing for just having more chips than you or for being an aggressive player or even simply missing just one player to burst the bubble. In the end you pay and see what you give up the hand and whine about missing the chance to double your chips and stay alive in the tournament.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!
I want to post a poll here and leave you a question.

• You are playing an MTT with $250 entry with guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000 Gtd
You have AKs on the button and the villain goes All-in in utg with more chips than you, all players before you give up.

Would you give this call knowing that there is only one player left to burst the bubble and knowing that you giving that call would be compromising your entire tournament by scratching fall before entering ITM?

I can say for sure and 100% will fold. It makes no sense to arrange a bubble action for yourself.
In my practice, there has already been a case when 3-4 people before ITM I called allin with AA (my stack was slightly larger than my opponent's) and lost to my opponent with AKo, and a straight came. And it was a $ 215 buy-in tournament, and I got into it after a few rounds of satellites. I was very, very sad.:(:(:(:(
And of course, in this case, your bankroll is of great importance at the moment. If this is a normal buy-in for your tournaments and your stack is less than average, you can take a chance, but I would not do it anyway.

Last edited:
V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Well, it depends..that is,if I qualified to that tournament by playing a sat ,I would fold that hand...but if I had enough money for that buy in, it could be a call.I had to be in those shoes since I´ve never played those buy ins.

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say go for it. Min cashing is not going to help you too much. You have to play for the final table.

mickathyus

mickathyus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will call Ace King every time. If it's Ace King Suited then I will raise I will usually three bet

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It really has a lot to consider, but what a poker player has to have in mind.

It's simply getting into an MTT to raise a big heass and get to ITM or try to be the best and get to an FT and nail a tournament.

The question was very simple... You have an AKs and you are in the position of the button and the villain who is in the UTG position and with more chips you go and puts all the chips on the cloth, all this pre-flop.

It is worth rebreaking that you have little information about this player and are playing an MTT with $250 entry and prize pool of $1,000.000 Gtd. OBS: All this missing from just one player to burst the bubble.

So what do you do? You pay this bet and try to double your chips and stay alive for someone who knows how to get to an FT or discard your AKs and get killed to fall right after?

I think you're missing the point about what Gripsed has said in his post and also what DougPokerMonster has stated. fwiw, it is exactly what I was thinking about writing too... because IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE in our decision making process.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
bubble play

if am in a hand bubble play based on what card i have and post flop ill call anything but i must have atleast a 70-100 percent call equity

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, in that context I would only pay with AA or KK.
I don't like to risk an entire tournament on a flip.
I always prefer to be more cautious.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait a bit and call, as I would certainly have players with less chips than me at other tables and would fall before, not to mention that I would only have the profit from ITM at the moment but if every time I have a similar scenario and I fold for fear of not rewarding, I would be losing a lot of chips in the long run, so I don’t blame this kind of situation.

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a general rule, always a player with more chips is going to try to intimidate in the bubble with the purpose of stealing as many blinds as possible, but there is your answer, unfortunately I preflop in the bubble I do not play you all in or with a pair of AA, no Being tight or anything is because of the simple fact that you never have a 100% chance of winning preflop with any hand and you cannot stay out of the tournament for one hand, it would be different if you have very few BBs and there is no other than to call a strong hand but if not it is fold

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are low on chips this is a very difficult decision, but I prefer to fold, take the money and keep playing !!! I think at this stage it will be the most reasonable decision !!!

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Corra o mais rápido que puder.
Dobre para a "vitória".
[/CITAÇÃO]

I'd definitely pay for that all-in of the villain. This is my chance to double.

] Posso dizer com certeza e 100% vai
dobrar. Não faz sentido organizar uma ação de bolha para você.
Na minha prática, já houve um caso em que 3-4 pessoas antes do ITM eu chamei allin com AA (minha pilha era um pouco maior que a do meu oponente) e perdi para o meu oponente com AKo, e uma reta veio. E foi um torneio de $215, e eu entrei nele depois de algumas rodadas de satélites. Eu estava muito, muito triste. :( :( E,
claro, neste caso, sua banca é de grande importância no momento. :( :( Se esta é uma entrada normal para seus torneios e sua pilha é menor que a média, você pode ter uma chance, mas eu não faria isso de qualquer maneira. [/CITAÇÃO]

If you don't double at least you tried and you won't be whining about paying. In poker we shouldn't be afraid to risk it.

Bom
dia. Bem, depende. ou seja, se eu me qualificasse para aquele torneio jogando um sat, eu dobraria essa mão... mas se eu tivesse dinheiro suficiente para essa compra, poderia ser uma chamada. Eu tinha que estar nesses sapatos já que eu nunca joguei

In our life there will always be times when we must make difficult decisions and in the game is no different.

esses buy ins.
Você só fica perguntando, o que você faria? [/CITAÇÃO]

It's an obvious question, what would be the problem of asking? I'd pay that all-in.

, eu digo vá em direção a ele. Saquear min não vai te ajudar muito. Você tem que jogar para a mesa final. [/CITAÇÃO]

But to get to the final table we have to be good chips. The goal of playing a tournament is to try to nail and not die on the beach. Try to nail and not die on the beach. Hehehehe....

Vou chamar Ace King todas as vezes. Se for Ace King Suited então eu vou levantar eu

geralmente vou três apostas
Mesmo aqui, eu sempre vou levantar ou ir tudo dentro! [/CITAÇÃO]

I agree with you, I would pay that all-in always.

, acho que você está perdendo o ponto sobre o que Gripsed disse em seu post e também o que DougPokerMonster
declarou. fwiw, é exatamente o que eu estava pensando em escrever também... porque faz diferença em nosso processo de tomada de decisão. [/CITAÇÃO]

Decisions are made to be made. So much in life and will be no different in poker. We must be prepared for everything, buddy. And in a tournament like this, hiding or playing in fear, you're not going to get anywhere. Big hug.

, se estiver em um jogo de bolha de mão com base em qual carta eu tenho e post flop mal

chamar qualquer coisa, mas eu devo ter pelo menos um patrimônio de chamada de 70-100 por cento
Não, nesse contexto eu só pagaria com AA ou KK.

Eu não gosto de arriscar um torneio inteiro em um flip.
Eu sempre prefiro ser mais cauteloso. [/CITAÇÃO]

All right, it's your opinion and about it. But you have no information of the villain and do not know if this beflando for rightly missing only one player to burst the bubble.

Eu esperaria um pouco e ligaria, pois certamente teria jogadores com menos fichas do que eu em outras mesas e cairia antes, sem mencionar que eu só teria o lucro do ITM no momento, mas se toda vez que eu tiver um cenário semelhante e eu dobrar por medo de não recompensar, eu estaria perdendo um monte de fichas a longo prazo, então eu não culpo esse tipo de situação. [/CITAÇÃO]

It's still a good choice for you. But I disagree with you. You're already short on chips and the chance to reach a final table of a tournament of this size could be that.

Run as fast as you can.

Fold for the "win".

I can say for sure and 100% will fold. It makes no sense to arrange a bubble action for yourself.
In my practice, there has already been a case when 3-4 people before ITM I called allin with AA (my stack was slightly larger than my opponent's) and lost to my opponent with AKo, and a straight came. And it was a $ 215 buy-in tournament, and I got into it after a few rounds of satellites. I was very, very sad.:(:(:(:(
And of course, in this case, your bankroll is of great importance at the moment. If this is a normal buy-in for your tournaments and your stack is less than average, you can take a chance, but I would not do it anyway.

Good morning.Well, it depends..that is,if I qualified to that tournament by playing a sat ,I would fold that hand...but if I had enough money for that buy in, it could be a call.I had to be in those shoes since I´ve never played those buy ins.

You just keep asking, what would you do?

I say go for it. Min cashing is not going to help you too much. You have to play for the final table.

I will call Ace King every time. If it's Ace King Suited then I will raise I will usually three bet

Same here, I will always raise or go all in!

I think you're missing the point about what Gripsed has said in his post and also what DougPokerMonster has stated. fwiw, it is exactly what I was thinking about writing too... because IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE in our decision making process.

if am in a hand bubble play based on what card i have and post flop ill call anything but i must have atleast a 70-100 percent call equity

No, in that context I would only pay with AA or KK.
I don't like to risk an entire tournament on a flip.
I always prefer to be more cautious.

I would wait a bit and call, as I would certainly have players with less chips than me at other tables and would fall before, not to mention that I would only have the profit from ITM at the moment but if every time I have a similar scenario and I fold for fear of not rewarding, I would be losing a lot of chips in the long run, so I don’t blame this kind of situation.

As a general rule, always a player with more chips is going to try to intimidate in the bubble with the purpose of stealing as many blinds as possible, but there is your answer, unfortunately I preflop in the bubble I do not play you all in or with a pair of AA, no Being tight or anything is because of the simple fact that you never have a 100% chance of winning preflop with any hand and you cannot stay out of the tournament for one hand, it would be different if you have very few BBs and there is no other than to call a strong hand but if not it is fold

If you are low on chips this is a very difficult decision, but I prefer to fold, take the money and keep playing !!! I think at this stage it will be the most reasonable decision !!!

You have to give it to him. You don't know what the opponent has at hand. He may be pushing for you to have few chips and by missing only one player to burst the bubble. I've seen a lot of that in tournaments. And you have an AKs in your hands... All right, you may be losing to an AA but your hand isn't so weak if it doesn't have an AA.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
¡Hola chicos!
Quiero publicar una encuesta aquí y dejarle una pregunta.

• Estás jugando un MTT con una entrada de $ 250 con un premio acumulado garantizado de $ 1,000,000 Gtd
Tienes AK en el botón y el villano va all-in en utg con más fichas que tú, todos los jugadores antes de que te rindas.

¿Darías esta llamada sabiendo que solo queda un jugador para reventar la burbuja y sabiendo que hacer esa llamada pondría en peligro todo tu torneo al rascarte la caída antes de ingresar a ITM?
[/ CITA]

In that game situation I do a FOLD and always depending on the size of my stack and more due to the type of event that is being played with a guaranteed $ 1,000,000. AK is a hand that we greatly overvalued since the Pre Flop, but the most likely villain is under your hand making that move with either hand to press and grab the money on the table or maybe he has a medium pair in hand and just You have 2 good over cards but only preflop, it is risky to call because if the Board does not help us and we do not connect anything we are left out. I would try to wait for a better place to try to fold and avoid these risky situations, but it will always depend on the size of my stack.

Last edited: