Building a bankroll from freerolls

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are a great opportunity to create initial capital, and then you can even at mico limits and so on. But $ 1000 by Christmas would be cool !!!:)

N

nauhziy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be trying this out as well - wishing us some luck!!

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my only problem with this is when i win money in freerolls i want to play in buy in tourneys.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Building bankroll from freerolls

Ive done it. I know a bunch of people who have done it. Most poker sites dont take my debit card so the only way to get money on the site is to play freerolls.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck 35marlin. I'm curious what sites you play on? I'm slowly rejoining the poker world after a 2 year hiatus and figured getting involved with cardschat forums was a good idea before chopping it up at the tables again.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that I should be able to play all of the Cardchat freerolls I look forward to building a Bankroll that will be at 1K by Christmas. Hope to see you on the tables.:)

Good luck, anything is possible. We are all gradually building our bankroll

P

putski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if you win a few free rolls, then you can move up to some small sit n go's
good luck on your mission!

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that I should be able to play all of the Cardchat freerolls I look forward to building a Bankroll that will be at 1K by Christmas. Hope to see you on the tables.:)

That's a lofty goal but doable if you are willing to put in a lot of time. I started on a poker site with $5 from a No Deposit Cash Bonus promotion (it was supposed to be $25 but released over time, but I have never seen anything else added :-l ) and have grown my bankroll over the past couple of years to over $500 at one point and I don't play very much. I have also built a bankroll of over $60 from zero on Real Cards just playing their freerolls and nothing else, and that has been in just a couple of months of only playing 1 or two freerolls here and there. So, I think it can be done. Relying solely on CC freerolls may be a bit optimistic. They are very competitive and there are a lot of really good (and really bad) players in every one. I still play them here and there and they are tough games. Good luck to you and I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it definitely possible, once you have a bankroll you can carefully grow it with good BR management and be a winning player.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive done it. I know a bunch of people who have done it. Most poker sites dont take my debit card so the only way to get money on the site is to play freerolls.

Wont question your vague comment about “a bunch of people” who’ve built a bankroll from freerolls alone

Not sure a tiny balance built only off of $50 freerolls with 200 players constitutes a “bankroll” but hey. It’s your story, not mine.

I’m more intrigued by any legit poker site on the planet not accepting a debit card. Not talking a vanilla MC, not talking a third world third party service like MuchBetter

A debit card. What bush league site are you “playing for money” on that doesn’t accept a debit card?

Last edited:
franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting a bankroll from freerolls seems unattainable, but I have actually done it, to a minor extent.

I accumulate enough winnings so that I can use it to enter other tournaments. Even though it doesn't happen often, I have made enough money on them, to enter tournaments that have made me over $600.00.

Yesterday, I finally (through freerolls) acqired enough money to enter a 5.50 Euro tourney on william hill, which I'll probably do today.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same thoughts and expectations as you. Let’s cheer together!

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck. $0-$1k in a year is definitely doable.

I went from $0-$800 in a year playing just a couple of hours a day and using pretty conservative bankroll management.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have built a few bankrolls from freerolls I am doing it again now on ACR.

BUT the minute I have enough money to play short stack on the cash tables that is what I do, I move up a lot faster than just sticking to free rolls.

Good luck with your challenge

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That im tryin do me too but it is difficult good luck with this

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are a dreamer
Why dreamer...I knew people how have made 6 or 700€ from only freeroll..
That requires a lot of time and to be very very patient cause in freerolls everybody "shove and pray"...but If u re lucky and patient i think its possible

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey I hope you are doing well getting to your goal.
How much have you won in freerolls and did you use it to play in smaller buy-ins?
I recently won on ACR it took over 5 hours in an Omaha $50 freeroll and won $8.45, not really a waste of time as a win is a win and I did have a fridge full of cold ones lol.
Also won $285 (second place ) $87 (first place) both in the past two months.
Good luck.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi, and I built a bank from just playing freerolls and I've done it several times, and above all the free cardschat are the best for the level of those who participate ..:D

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did it plenty times, you can do it, too. the question how you handle it after you built it.
good luck

M

mikibjj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, im trying to build bankroll from freerolls, becouse in my country i cant deposit :( But its hard for me, becouse whatever i collect i lose on multitable tournament. I had a brake some time, now i decided to take a second chance :)

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult to build a bankroll from freeroll's but anything is possible , there are some great satellite games with 33c and 55c buy-in if you do manage to win a ticket into next event there are good pay outs for a good run, freeroll you are competing with thousands for little reward, the cardschat freeroll seems to be the best one out there at the moment.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello good tables. In answer to today's question and based on my experience in the world of poker I think that freerolls are a good way to have a realistic approach to real money poker, it is a good way to start minimizing the risks of monetary loss, but to create a solid fund I think that you must necessarily invest.

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freerolls are the best way to build up a freeroll from nothing. You also get to compete against fellow Cards Chat members & possible meet some and get to know them along the way to building your roll. I definitely recommend this route if your just starting out or attempting to try and build a bankroll or even to just have fun. You never know and might get a big score . Good Luck to everyone.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords