Bluffing in Freeroll Tournament

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll tournament there is no danger, as there is nothing to lose. In fact that is what is often seen, a lot of bluffing especially at the beginning of the tournament.
Regards. :flute:

B

blazer1027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very dangerous.
Freeroll players don't feel the weight of the buyn, and are very brave.:D:D:D

Agree. It might work in a few select spots, but for the most part if it goes down to the river you need a hand.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning, there always seems to be people willing to go in pre flop if they have any single card better than a 10, or with a pair of twos. I'd definitely be careful about bluffing too big early on until they get knocked out. Definitely don't bluff with complete trash.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It works when you're really close to in the money, and you're doing it "properly", but bluffing when it's apparent that you've lost the hand and they know it is pointless. So yeah, bluffing is only useful when playing the bubble, but in a freeroll the call is still a lot more likely.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends. In the early stages of a tournament, it’s much harder to bluff because it’s easier to call.
But towards the end, as the bigger money approaches, you can bluff better there.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. In the early stages of a tournament, it’s much harder to bluff because it’s easier to call.
But towards the end, as the bigger money approaches, you can bluff better there.

Yes, I agree. Once you get closer to the end where the players remaining are generally skilled enough to respect bets bluffing can be much more feasible IMO. Especially with short stack play.

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can bluffing in online freeroll tournament dangerous?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
yes when your tournament is running on late registration or in first 30-40 mins maximum fish/noob players are playing randomly and some of them make big stack and others got busted.
after late registration if you bluff there is a less chances of danger, so bluff precisely and don't bluff with your full stack.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can never successfully bluff someone in a freeroll, either the person will call bottom pair with with a very uncoordinated board, which doesn't make sense, or call with ak/aq/...so I think that bluffing in freerolls and are very risky

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I've ever made it to the final table of an MTT without skillfully pulling off a few bluffs and semi bluffs along the way. Usually when my stack is big and I can push people around.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an art, if you bluff a lot, opponents line up and check-raise you out of the pot, I think bluffing should be moderate.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It very much depends what kind of freeroll you are playing. If it's a publicly availabale one I would definitely be hesistant of bluffing early in the tournament. People are very likely to call you off with any 2 cards!

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight at the beginning and watch the play when you are not in the hand.

As the tournament progresses, maniacs will be eliminated and their chips consolidated into more capable hands. Hopefully you were able to get some. People will get more in line.

When people talk of bluffing, it seems most are talking about some crazy bet-with-nothing bluff that works on the river for all the chips...

Bluffs come in all sizes. Stealing blinds, continuation bluff, floating.
All types of bluffs that work in their own time and situation.

Figure out when the time is right and who is concerned enough to fold.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Después de la etapa inicial, donde me resulta perjudicial hacer grandes faroles aunque quizás muy pequeños como apuesta de continuación, en etapas más avanzadas de los torneos esta habilidad se abre un poco más que admito que no manejo, siempre tiendo a contraatacar Jajajaja .

GL
Life :ah4: Nature :ac4: for everyone!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all..no bluffing in freerolls,there is nothing to lose for most players as time is of no issue...hope to wait for better spot...

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very rarely worth bluffing in freerolls honestly, you can find spots here and there but typically its just a mistake because players feel they have nothing to lose by calling you off. Especially early in Tournaments

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in freerolls, players take all kinds of risky plays, and bluffy would be the biggest risk. Players have nothing to lose if they call, and they will call.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freeroll tournaments players very often do not respect the chips and are happy to call hands even with very weak hands, so be careful with bluffing :)

P

pablo2020

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that bluffing is part of all tournaments, and whether they are freeroll tounament or paid, the winning strategy remains the same