bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
At the beginning of a freeroll there is no chance to bluff as a lot of call them with Allins. I think a good moment to bluff is, e.g. just before the first payout ranges are reached. Many avoid then the risk to leave the tournament just before the first 0,0x dollars can be win. Later on in my experience bluffs only work, when there are not many calls in the round, your stack is high enough and the other one`s is not to low, to avoid a "shit happens, all in - answer".

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I certainly don't recommend bluffing in the early stages of the tournament. You are only going to get picked off by loose callers.

If you do get into middle to late stages then you can you start expanding your hand ranges.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is all about timing and board dynamics. Simply raising because you want to be aggressive and try to push your opponents off of a made hand is going to be suicide most of the time if you dont understand what you are trying to accomplish

To make a good solid bluff in any game you have to understand what you are targeting, what hands you have in your range that would take your bluff line for value and consider whatever blockers you hay hold as well. A good bluff can be pulled off in any stakes whether it be a freeroll or a $109 sunday major.

In smaller stakes games because the player pool os generally worse - the rule of thumb for me is to bluff less and value bet more and larger.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can bluffing in online freeroll tournament dangerous?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

it all depends on the situation bluffing on erly stage of any tournament is dangerous cause nobody knows your game and probably who calls you will have a good hand you must have a reputation on the table first at leats for the first half hour on the tourne (table) so people believe you later on other stages being deep bluffing becomes necesary to win chips and not staying behind waiting only for good hands

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any game, there is always a certain percentage of bluff, to do without it, you need luck in the form of regularly coming good cards, which is unlikely. And the concept of bluff is relative, because before the showdown, you often can not know exactly whether your opponent's hand is strong.:)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations to you! More victories and less negative emotions.:)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to bluff much unless I have a decent read on the opposing player or I am playing a healthy stack. Bluffing is a fast way to go broke unnecessarily. Obviously table dynamic is a key factor. Free rolls have an abundance of lesser skilled players, and those that are fully aware that they need to gamble in order to have a chance at success. Also, these players know that they have risked nothing financially so they will call lightly or on a draw. I am often looking at location of villain before I make any bluff or big bet for that matter. Certain countries/ regions have no food buttons. 🤣

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I think, bluffing always pays off, the main thing is to know how and where it is profitable to use it, in freerolls, as they said above, many play without holding the table, and sometimes bluffing will be useless, ineffective, and sometimes losing, if you are called, it will not understanding what's what (which may happen in the early stages is not rare). However,
a good bluff will help to raise your stack so that you can reach the ITM without worrying, and then to the final table.

Y

youngun9927

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
free roll bluff

it not easy to do but it can be done but not in the early start of the game this is neary imposable to do bc
everyone calling

Y

youngun9927

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
here what i do here

there is 2 ways i play this

1) i c bet to see were im at in the hand i make it 2.2 on the flop if he called im
hoping the board pair on the turn to fill up but if he rerasies big i now can make
a easy fold and save my chip stack but if he make it 2.2 u can easly call to flot to see the
river again if it hit u now can most likly get more chips by checking the river he will bet
and now can try and rerase him to get more form his made flush but if u miss and check and he bets it a easy
fold bc u know he has the flush but keep in mind u alrdyn think he has it here ur just hoping to fill up

2) i like to check this way u can try and contorl the pot size if he c bets u small again u can flot to try
and fill up on the turn ( if u miss he bets 1/2 pot or pot of all in )it a easy fold and you do the
samething on the river but if u hit the turn or river and now this giving u the full house and he beat the turn
i like to use a few sec of time bank to make it seem like it a hard spot and im in and im never rerasing the turn
here in both ways i explained im doing this hoping he beats the river if not im still beating the river to try
get value form my full house

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not lying, you're not trying.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its only possible after the bouble explosion... sometimes just in the finals... but actually freeroll are bingo tournaments... cant bluff

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both bluffing and semi bluffing are profitable when applied in the right situations.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that in tournaments, in the early stages, you need to be very careful with bluffing and try to bluff as little as possible !!! But it all depends on your opponents, if they allow you to bluff then such moments must be used !!!

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To bluff or not to bluff?

Freeroll players are very loose in general so playing tight is usually better. People love making hero calls and especially at no cost!

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freerolls are different, if we are talking about such a freeroll as Cards Chat, then here people play adequately and these freerolls are practically no different from tournaments with a cash buy-in. Therefore, in such freerolls you can bluff if you know how to do it correctly. If we talk about a freeroll in which 5,000-10,000 people take part and the blinds grow every 3 minutes, then of course there is no point in bluffing, it is dangerous to do this here.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course yes) because there are a lot of bingo players in freerolls. Тhis also happens in cheap tournaments

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well, making a "Bluff" will always have its risks, no matter if it is in a Buy-in tournament or if it is a freeroll ... but it is clear that in freeroll tournaments we see players doing "Bluff" more often ... However, if we are looking to improve our game ... we must always consider some aspects before making a "Bluff".

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can bluffing in online freeroll tournament dangerous?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

it is dangerous, especially at the beginning of the tournament, and in the first 40 minutes when the bubble bursts, two moments of the tournament that bluffing is extremely dangerous.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can’t bluff a bad player! They don’t know they should fold!

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter what tournament you play in .. although in trunnies for real and Kurpyn sums, many players are afraid to bluff .. because you can't see your opponent's eyes, the same game as everywhere else ... in small tournaments sometimes bluffing rolls, and sometimes from my own experience I know ... in no way, as if you are playing with a tree ... so you always have to look at the situation ...

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Of course you can bluff, but you are likely to be caught if someone has something (anything). Best time to bluff freerolls is when only two players are in the pot. Three or more players, and somebody has something.

You can often bluff when villains show weakness, but remember that they might stick around with even the slightest chance at a win. They might call with bottom pair or even a backdoor draw or over card.

Best boards to bluff at a freeroll is paired boards and single suit boards. These boards become worse bluffs as stakes increase.

Z

Zbrljakis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My toughts

I bluffed several times in freerolls i think in freeroll tournaments players are rly fishy so basiclly they are calling with low pair i rather choose to play safe cards

Last edited:
F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's dangerous for sure. A lot of players will play just for play and nobody likes do fold. haha Maybe on the very late game you can try bluffing if you notice the players are really playing.