Bluffing in Freeroll Tournament

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it really depends on the stage of the tournament and also if the stack sizes.

To win or go deep into a tournament you will need to bluff or an insane run.

In the early stages I would never bluff , but when registration closed you can go for it, if the situation allows it. Also I'm talking more about semi bluffs than pure bluffs

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, in the freeroll, the rules of poker do not apply at all, because everyone plays there for fun))

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, in the freeroll, the rules of poker do not apply at all, because everyone plays there for fun))

Well, i wouldn't make this statement. You have definitely a lot of fun players, but than you have also people who play solid poker and try to build up a br.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluffing is intended to make better cards fold because they have something to lose, but in a freeroll you have nothing to lose.
I disagree with you, playing for money is not a guarantee of a successful bluff. For me, it doesn't matter what game you play, you need to know at what point and with whom you can do it.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the power of bluff is totally reduced in freerolls . You never force your opponent to fold 3rd pair

Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing in freerolls is certainly possible.. people may have nothing to lose in a freeroll, but they still have things to gain.. it's important to know when to bluf and how your opponent plays.

i bluf around 10% of the hands that i play and it works for me! :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bluffing is always dangerous whether it is on-line free-roll or even at a live game with a big buy-in. The only thing that makes it more dangerous is that it cost's nothing to play so what are you going to lose?
Nothing!
Some people will call even with bottom pair if they think you are bluffing, because it is always a good feeling to make a hero call and double up.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is enough madness in freerolls without bluffing...

K

kou2271

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
However, if you don't mix bluffs, everything will be folded against this value bet, so if you don't mix it, you won't win.

B

Bossk55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
toda a gente blefa poker e uma mistura de muitas emoções

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I think very few players are good at bluffing. More often than not, players under-bluff or bluff badly. And in general, bluffing in freerolls is unprofitable. In freerolls, people do not preserve their stack the way they do in real money tournaments. If the player is a fish, then bluffing at him is pointless, because he doesn't know basic things. There is no point in bluffing to a regular either if you are not doing it professionally.

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really recommend you to bluff only at the end of the freeroll because at the beginning, there's many fun players that won't fall for your bluff. At the end of the freeroll (45 players +-),, after you have some information about the players you're playing with, you can try to still some blinds, bluff and extract the maximum value possible

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not til very end

no matter what bluffing 95% of the time in a free roll is pointless until you are in the $ or right near the $. just my opinion but 95% of the time my opinion is accurate..in my opinion

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is good after you are building respect from villain. If not its suicide

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
True what I read here. People just will flipcoin all in because it is a freeroll. Just before hitting the money or on final table it probably works. But not in the beginning.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've found that most freerolls turn out to be "all-in" fests.

If you wait it out, you'll usually get in the money, because there are so many "all-inners" putting themselves out of a tournament.

You see a real difference in the "buy-in" tournaments, even if it's only $0.50. There is much more caution going on.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In free tournaments it only has value to bluff when you are in the bubble, but at the beginning of the tournament not since it is free and people pay with whatever at the beginning

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing in freerolls is practically impossible, as players play without adhering to any rules and regulations.