Bluffing in Freeroll Tournament

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early phase, its typically unlikely to work, since people are playing for free, and a min-cash is usually a very small amount of money, so its basically like play money. But if you are on the final table, and the next payjump is 5$, there is no reason, why you should avoid bluffing, just because its a freeroll.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I confess I don’t like to bluff in any game. But unfortunately you can’t really get to the final table without a bluff. :( I think it's more important to have encounters than hands and end up showing better. A lot of bluffs don't pay off. Although that's just my opinion. Maybe someone might think differently.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you bluff at poker. we always take a risk but to win a frerroll. you have to bluff certain spots at the right time. you should never abuse it and choose the profile of the player against whom you plan to bluff.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you mean a freeroll whose password can be easily found, and thousands of players register for it, it initially abounds in bluffs from players who fall out in the early stages of the tournament. Anyone who wants to play the tournament more seriously will not have many opportunities for a good bluff until the "adventurers" are eliminated from the tournament. They often call irrationally, so bluffing is not a good choice, but possibly good cards can bring us plenty of chips, if we raise more than usual, and even catch their eventual bluffing reraise.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Bluffing at any poker table, any tournament, is part of the game and necessary for your chip stack. The danger is, getting caught and loosing chips or being knocked out.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advice you for don't bluff until you can understand the game and what you need to bluff, there are some things to consider before bluff, you need to think that you are tell a history, and if your history are not good, your bluff will not be successful.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to bluff with good odds or a good card. Basically, at the table, players understand who it is better not to face. It happens that the chip leader at the table bluffs everything to him. To a large extent, all raises and bets on freerolls are checked at showdown.:nurse:

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in bluffing at the start of the freeroll. Until fish leave the game, you need to play carefully. This is a free tournament and anyone can call your bluff. The closer you get to the last table, the easier you can bluff, but only moderately and not overuse. That is, use a bluff as in a regular paid tournament.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can bluffing in online freeroll tournament dangerous?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thank U 4 Posting

Bluffing is a very important part of being good at poker. The better we are at judging when to bluff the more money we will make. This requires practice-we need to make in-game bluffs that fail so we can learn what we did wrong.

There is no better time to bluff than in a freeroll as it does 0 damage to our bankroll. The key is to be able to do a hand review of the spot we bluffed and lost to know if even if it lost it was still the right play. Bluffs lose if you are a good player, you just want to win more often than lose.

Some key data points about bluffing -in games where our Villains calls more often (freerolls)

Which player or players on the table will fold? Some will never fold we should know that.

When will players fold? Few players fold to flop bets so we need to know if we are going to bluff how many streets must we bluff on. So flop and turn are must bets when we bluff in freerolls -we cannot stop the bluff after one street.

What boards are good to bluff on vs players who fold less? 962 is good to bluff but 892 is far worse. Why?

What turn cards help us continue the bluff?

What hands do we have on 962 that help us bluff turn?

Learn bluffing strategies and then apply them to freerolls and then review your thought process after the bluff. Was it a good bluff even though you were called?

It is much better to go slowly in freerolls and build the skills you need later than to min cash freerolls- build a small bankroll and lose it trying to learn to bluff then.

Hope this helps
:):):)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls are the bluff places, mainly during the early stages. Many players enter in the freerolls just for bluff and all in in their first hands.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider bluffing in tournaments an important thing. It can be very helpful in the right situations. The situation is different in freerolls, where I don't think it's worth bluffing because of the unpredictable players!

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imho in the freeroll tournaments bluffing is more difficult as well as Frustrating.

Being called on your all in AK with 52 and losing to a full house :banghead: seems to happen all too often in the free roll circuit.

Eventually the fish will give you back their chips.

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early phase, its typically unlikely to work, since people are playing for free, and a min-cash is usually a very small amount of money, so its basically like play money. But if you are on the final table, and the next payjump is 5$, there is no reason, why you should avoid bluffing, just because its a freeroll.
Exactly as this sir said :)

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can bluff in a freeroll. You just need to know with whom

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the freeroll, I try not to bluff. Otherwise, you can immediately fly out of the game. Another thing is at the end of the game.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few people will pay attention to your bluff. Call is always absolute.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely not worthy in the early stages of the tournament. People call with crazy hands and get super lucky.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how much you know your opponents at the table. And of many other variables. Many bluff in freerrolls at first, because they don't risk more than time, but in a TTM with a relatively high buy-in, or at the cash tables, with your money, you should think carefully before bluffing.:cool::cool:

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really can't help but bluff so in free games there are many times I try

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's always dangerous to do it but it's the kind of thing you have to do if you want to win a tournament. In freerolls it is even more dangerous because they tend to pay more often since there was no money in the registration, I think it is better to do it in advanced stages of the tournament

jdorganic

jdorganic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m bluffing when get more chips and can afford to lose some chips ��

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It depends on your goal. If your goal is a bluff, you are in no danger. If your goal is to get your prize money, then obviously there is a certain danger.