With AA I go all in?

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a pair of AA in the first leg of a tournament, does anyone go all-in? Should we pay?
I recently fell with an AA hand for paying an all in preflop. Would a great poker player do that?:confused::confused:
hi hi
i sure wish strategy and tactics in poker were that simple, you too?
if it were that simple i could memorize my action based on holding and stage of tournie... wouldn't be harder than memorizing all these darn charts lol
this is when i ask more experienced players thins type of question ... answer i get is "IT DEPENDS"
so many factors in poker - never is an easy consistent answer

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You loose too much valur by playing AA all in, looks like you're scared about post-flop

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no reason to ever fold AA preflop in the early stage.

but shoving with Deep stacks (50bb+) and only 3-4 bb in the pot is not going to get too much Action....

Try to build a pot instead and don't think that AA is the strongest hand in ANY case, because it's not. Good luck!

it is the best Hand in ANY case lol

me i would slow play
prob is 2many hands can beat pocket aces'
its happened to me many times. i just call and wait for preflop

I think this is one of the biggest weaknesses when Holding Aces. you try to slow Play them and can't fold them post flop, because you think that you still hold the best hand…
when slow played they are very vulnerable and if you get too much Action, People can't fold Aces and run into a random Hand like two pair, straight, flush, set,....

most of the time with Aces you win a small pot or lose a big one

Never go all-in preflop, even with AA, cause someone goes all in with 2-2 and you call it, comes flop and then... BOOM!! 2-2-7 nest 2-2-7-9 and finally 2-2-7-9-Q and your gone :D

I hope you are trolling here…..
there is no reason to EVER fold AA in the early stage

lately i tend to avoid AA like the plague because for some reason i have been bust out of my tournaments id say a good 50% to 60% just lately a few places before the money due to premium hands losing to far inferior hands usually people with massive stacks trying to bully you off the blinds because they are so high, i tend to feel that if you are shorter stacked at later stages youll lose no matter what you call with to the table chip leader because i tend to think pokerstars software favours them so my advice would be play shady as hell specially if your close to the money and you get dealt this hand :)
robert

it's because People only remember the bad beats and the crucial Tournament Situation when busting. if you avoid playing AA, what hands are good to Play then?
if you go all-in preflop vs 1 Player, you win 4 out of 5 times.

i once was the bubble Boy in sb vs bb where i had AA, shoved 15 bb and he called with 64o. flop 6 turn 6 and bye bye
i was tilted as **** but according to my HM database, i won with Aces more than 85% of the time (with and without Showdown) and from time to time i win vs AA with weaker pairs

and bigger stacks are not Winning more Hands, they are just playing more. if they go all-in and are a 80:20 Underdog, they still lose 4 out of 5 times like everyone else.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is very important the game is in a live tournament or online poker. In online poker very often against the hand of AA olyn goes hand junk July 2 or August 3 and hits the AA because it has a big stack. A player with a big stack as gains an advantage and he goes into the game with either hand and gets the win

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it happened more often for me when i hit AA i try to get value like calling raise 2bb and try to set the trap , BUT i often get the one trapped by the flop . After i blame my self not going all in and isolate some posible made hands.
SO the best is going all in specially when in late position

O

ozymandias11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a few hours. Maybe 200 hands. What's the odds?
Lol:(

Attachments

• 2019-06-17 07_30_12-Hold'em, 07_27.jpg
    2019-06-17 07_30_12-Hold'em, 07_27.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2019-06-17 10_31_21-Hold'em, 10_30.jpg
    2019-06-17 10_31_21-Hold'em, 10_30.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 9
barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There was such a wonderful song in the USSR : "To pan or disappeared, and then - how will! And more more more more things!"( the ensemble of the FLAME ). So to put all the chips is to risk everything, but to enjoy the excess adrenaline.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
There was about 6 left before the money. I had about 12 players behind me. There it is AA. I shoved it...didnt have to. I would have made the money I am sure. Why did I shove it. Didnt think I would get called and if I did, odds are good. So I get one caller who has me covered. It looks good post flop. I have AA, he has J9. 9 on the flop..no biggie. But wait..here comes the river. He gets the J. And I am out. Will I do that again...probably not.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a matter of probabilities, it will always be more EV pay. The actual value, for the time being, will depend on the reading of the opponent's hand. there are some variables that influence this decision.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No.... Don't Ever Go All In... Not All the Way, Unless Forced Too..

AA   99 I Lose

Thought I had this from the get go... even just before he dragged me all in i was slow playing him... lol Damitwhy!!!!

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a pair of AA in the first leg of a tournament, does anyone go all-in? Should we pay?

I recently fell with an AA hand for paying an all in preflop. Would a great poker player do that?:confused::confused:

I think if I got AA I'll go like half all my chips