With AA I go all in?

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA I always try to get as much money in the pot as fast as possible against preferably 1 opponent to play for the pot

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should try to build a pot preflop with AA 3bet, 4bet.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In early stage you should build the pot not just go all - in. If it's pretty deep and you have 10BB or less then shove is good

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say if it is wsop main, does not matter, go all-in.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not bet all in from the start because that might scare out others. However if a few other players go all in ahead of me then I might be more inclined to do the same if I had aces. Only thing is that with my past history and luck some body will beat me with 2 n 7 offsuit when they hi another 2 n 7.

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a pair of AA in the first leg of a tournament, does anyone go all-in? Should we pay?

I recently fell with an AA hand for paying an all in preflop. Would a great poker player do that?:confused::confused:
Sure, it's happened to everyone that's ever had Aces, you're in good company!
More specifically, it depends on where you are in the tournament, because if you're far from the money bubble and it's a large field you're going to need chips anyway, so don't be so hard on yourself.
Generally a big pair doesn't play well against several players preflop. But you and one on one other player preflop? Theoretically, what other hand are you waiting on, right?

Now if you're close to the money and you can avoid risking a lot of your chips than yes you should play any big pair carefully, you're trying to win the tourney not just one hand. So even if you fold to a big bet postflop and would've won the hand don't sweat it, if it wouldn't have won you the whole tournament or get you deep in the money, you'll be fine.

Good luck!

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try and build the pot raise 3 or 4 times the blinds you might get lucky and get a reraise then you would go all in.Going all in preflop you might scare them all of and win the blinds only.:):):)

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournament.
If it's a tournament that I play very often, I think I would.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are all in preflop with AA and lose it is bad luck if let somebody get there by not betting enough and lose its bad play.:)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA are going to win 80% of the time. Which means no matter what you’re always getting the proper odds to call an all in or go all in preflop. You need to play poker looking at it in the big picture. It makes you money.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All cases can not be foreseen. It all depends on your stack and the importance of the tournament. I guess great players don't do allin. They make a big raise.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never go all-in preflop, even with AA, cause someone goes all in with 2-2 and you call it, comes flop and then... BOOM!! 2-2-7 nest 2-2-7-9 and finally 2-2-7-9-Q and your gone :D

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hand A-A is played all in preflop instance. If you are in early positions, you can induce bluffs from other players, limps or mini raises to 2 bb. But in the face of subsequent reraises, all in is played. It is a hand that in general from any position, we must seek to get the highest possible value.
Regards

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont go all in at early position cause you will scare players with small hands, just raise few BB and see what will hapens. Small hands will fold and if someone calls or reraise you, propably with smaller pair or suited draw. If flop will be dangerous for you, just make hard decision, risk or hero fold :)

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to see flop with any hand. if somebody goes all-in, i will call probably with AA, but i dont like all-ins on preflop its like feeling of irresponsibility towards your stack

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I understand correctly the question, you are not sure if you have to pay an all in preflop at the beginning of a tournament with AA. The reason being you were knocked out by making this call.
Well... Good luck at the tables if you are not trolling!

Answer: 100%.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i was on 888 where first 600 get the 5$ ticket and i was about 50th and the guy with same stack was going all in on my bb, and i didn't have to play at all and he either because only 35 players left more then 600 and i couldn't resist to call and the guy then went out, he had queens.

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sometimes a great poker players radar will tell him or her a fold is the right play with ACES all in pre flop depending on his or her first leg tourney strategy and objectives.

If you're trying to play slow small ball poker and push small edges then you can fold your ACES.

Especially when decent chunk of change is the buy in. Let's say you are facing 3 - 4 players all ins suddenly that AA looks like it's ready to get cracked.

I've folded many times in this spot because of two reasons one its risky. Two? If they get cracked you go on TILT easily. For the rest of the day and probably punt some more money at higher stakes

Dont worry what the other sarcastic donkeys on the thread are saying many of them are freeroller micro stakes players who load up with J7 shove vs AA and spike two pair rivers and wonder why their game is still in play money or freerolls

The fact that you asked the question shows me you think about the game and think about folding strong hands when beat and that is a virtue of a good long run player.

Good luck..

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately i tend to avoid AA like the plague because for some reason i have been bust out of my tournaments id say a good 50% to 60% just lately a few places before the money due to premium hands losing to far inferior hands usually people with massive stacks trying to bully you off the blinds because they are so high, i tend to feel that if you are shorter stacked at later stages youll lose no matter what you call with to the table chip leader because i tend to think pokerstars software favours them so my advice would be play shady as hell specially if your close to the money and you get dealt this hand :)

robert

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want value for your AA I would not go all in. Raise a nice amount. If someone calls then it mostly 1 or 2

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA I am pushing especially if I am in a late position. I hate to see AAs cracked so I am going to make sure only the strong players are in the pot. Early in position I will raise and see what kind of callers I get before pushing post flop.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only in a free roll you do not care about. Way too early to sit and watch from the rail. Doyle Brunson always says to wait til the stakes are higher.
AA is only a pair, I always raise my standard 4X and see what the flop does.

Last edited:
luispino88

luispino88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should try to build a nice pot preflop with AA

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that nobody is laying down AA preflop. Unless it’s a satellite near the bubble. You’re getting way to good of odds there. You’re 80% to win no matter what villains holding. You should be playing within your bankroll. Just riding the variance wave and keep playing.