A million-dollar tournament, and your AA gets cracked by......AA! What would you do?

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it was played perfectly too and any backer who complained did not know anything about poker and should try something else.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Fiest of all, I don't think backers at that level would be ignorant enough in poker to complain or give me hard time. Every player in the world would agree that it was the right play. It could've been some discussion if I was holding KK or QQ and shoved after the 4-bet.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was no other way to play the hand. He was just super unlucky.
I don't see any way of avoiding this bad beat. He had the best starting hand and if his backers don't understand the move he made... they have to learn about poker.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I was playing this type of tournament, I can afford to lose the buy in money, so, I would get very sad, but I know bad beats will always happen. If I won the seat through satellites I probably would be thinking about this hand for weeks..lol
About the backers, they know it's a risky investment, so, I don't think they would get angry, You have more chances to lose than win when you invest in a poker player.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
don´t remember if i replied here, but i would just quit this dirty game forever.

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well i guess it really depands of how much money im having in my bank account...If i got hundred of millions i would take it like a normal bad beat and be a bit annoyed and move on but if i got there by satelitte and multiple backer and i dont have much money for sure i would rethink about it for sometime and be mad but thats poker :).

And about the backer been mad...Hard to imagine that when i was holding aces and all the money went preflop wich is any poker player dreams

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His backers shouldn´t be that furious because both players played well the hand.I understand the frustration but sadly it is part of the game.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just the same kind of luck that I usually have (in losing, that is!)

flabilim

flabilim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I would say that situations like this are part of the game, if I'm afraid to play with AA what hand will I play with.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Lol any backers who complain about the way he played that, might consider learning poker themselves instead of blaming their horse.

No error but sick sick sick bad luck

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i would never play poker again, game suposed to be fun.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This is a serious shock for the player, but it is part of the game and everyone who invests money and enters the game must understand all the risks, what they are taking and accept it.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortune favors the bold.
I would take two weeks off and then quit.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would say that preflop I had the best possible hand and my opponent accepted the challenge, but luck doesn't always walk hand in hand.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any backer who is furious about getting it all in with pocket aces versus one player and loses needs to check their ego and stop backing players. There was nothing wrong with how Connor played that hand and sometimes the best hands just don't hold - that's poker.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would ask them where they intended me to end up folding AA heads up pre flop.

Y

Youvraj365

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MU
Chips
it should hve been a split. it's all about the shuffling of cards.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i'd get up and leave like i would after busting in any other tournament .it hurts, but that's poker . presumably my bankroll could handle a loss like that if i entered in the first place . gotta know you're losing that buyin about 90% of the time no matter how well you play !

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard, nothing to say, nothing you can do. If I was a backer I would be more upset if they folded preflop.

You cant be results oriented, all you can do is try to make the right play.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I would say that you couldn't do anything else here, since the cards are good, the opportunity to increase your pot, pull to the flop by staking a reraise for half of your chips - it was stupid, and folding with such cards is stupid.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will tell them (sponsors) to carefully read the terms of the sponsorship agreement.
If I would agree to participate in such a project, then the contract would necessarily state that: "the decisions I make, regardless of their results, do not entail any financial consequences for the player (that is, for me)". Sponsorship in such projects carries certain risks and sponsors must be ready to take on this responsibility.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AA is just a pair. I would only call preflop and try to see a flop and then wait for all 5 cards to come out before I'm putting in all of my chips. It's not just a million dollars... it's the chance at much more than this (when I win!).
I will trust my reads and will make sure that villain is not wearing a mask while playing.
But after the hand happened (as played), I will take a 2 week break from poker then I will come back and play 3 HeadsUp hyper sng's on Stars and then I will quit for good.

The End

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not convince anyone. I simply would not see such a need. If the sponsors were angry and thought that I could play differently, then I would answer them.
- Ok, next time I might play differently :)

C

Cookiemonster19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
I would try to not show how shocking and sick i felt seeing the river card but inside i would die losing with those crazy odds.And for the backer i wouldn't care i would already be mad enough