A million-dollar tournament, and your AA gets cracked by......AA! What would you do?

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Things happen. The hand was played correctly. You can't slowplay AA and you can't fold AA against 1 opponent especially preflop in this situation on the video.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What could I say to convince someone that I played correctly, I think that only luck had something to say here, because I think it is incredible that someone throws AA before the flop.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
My thoughts:

1)I do not think Connor Drinan's play is wrong at any point. The hand was played as it was played. It's easy to be in the comfort of your home giving instructions.....to a high stakes player about how to play a hand in a 1.000.000$ tournament.

2)My backer is not my coach. A backer's only job is to invest in me because he believes me and hopefully, if I go well in the tournament, to gain a profit out of his investment. Not to give me instructions about how I should play poker. If I needed a coach I would hired a coach.

Thank you.👍

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hah I would tell the backers to use common sense and refuse to communicate with them further. Give the directions to the nearest mental health facility!

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s the poker life.. I have gotten crushed with AA, but I will probably most of the time go All in with it.. I have won more with it than I have lost with it. Bad beats are part of poker… it’s all in the flop of the cards but on the other hand since it’s a $1 million tournament I think I would slow play it more..especially after a reraise. that’s a sign they might have a pair and a lot of times in poker a lower pair beats those pocket aces. in the end ..it’s just the luck of the draw.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It's quite interesting to happen, but in poker everything happens and that's why this game is so attractive to everyone. Everyone has a chance, even the weak and amateurs. Well what would I say to my supporters I would say I played the hand right and this is poker anything happens it can happen to anyone that's why the game is great. Betting everything with two aces is not a mistake, and if they don't understand it, it's their problem.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Can't get better than Aces, just bad luck to the other guy, a believe this only happens online, but it doesn't.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would say to my angry sponsors:
"You decided to invest in me. You knew that you were risking your money, you knew that only I would make decisions during the game, at the table, without meetings, consultations and discussions. You took this risk, you accepted it. I played, and in this difficult situation, I made a decision that I considered correct, it was my choice and my right."

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's just interesting, if I had fold these two aces, and the situation would have turned out differently, ...... then I definitely wouldn't know how to explain my decision to my sponsors. Then it would be very difficult to explain :)
I would tell them that in this situation I did not consider it possible to make a different decision, sorry friends-sponsors :)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, at major tournaments where sponsors hire a poker player, there is a contract that stipulates the player’s actions down to the smallest detail, Connor Drinan simply fulfilled the contract terms and the sponsors have nothing to reproach him with.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
All in preflop with AA is the most powerful cards, you need to call and go all in

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe this situation is very rare. When we have a pair of as we will hardly abandon unless we are very sure that the villain has a sequence or flush. It's very difficult to drop a pair of aces like that. I would act the same way.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
IMHO preflop allin with aces is totally ok... i'd tell the backers that sometimes the universe doesn't allow you to win and its part of the game.
and obviously i'd thank the backers for the opportunity to even play.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would tell them if they don't like something, like my game, or if they think my decisions are wrong, then they can find another player and invest their money in him. I think in such a situation everything looks quite simple. They agreed to finance me, I agreed to participate in the tournament.
And in general, my sponsors should be grateful to me that I agreed to play :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would tell them that I understand their irritation and concern. I would tell them that next time, when they are my sponsors again, and when there is a similar situation, I will definitely fold a pair of aces :)

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If my backers had an issue, I would explain I made the right play for someone trying to win the whole tournament and get maximum return for their investment. With such a large buy-in, I would like to let them know that's the strategy before play even begins. We're not looking for a minimum cash here.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If he fold that he is playing awful u cant fold aces there ur never losing in the worst case escenario he have aces to and both have 2 percent of winning the hand

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If he fold that he is playing awful u cant fold aces there ur never losing in the worst case escenario he have aces to and both have 2 percent of winning the hand

"Imagine that you were in Connor Drinan's shoes, with multiple backers who had put up stakes to buy you into the tournament. Some of these backers are furious, saying that you could have played the hand differently and saved your tournament seat. What do you say to convince them that you made the right play?"

This is the question. how would explain it to the backers?

Please let us know.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would tell you that mathematically, going all in with AA preflop is the most sensible investment there is.

Running against AA and losing is very rare and only happens very rarely.

It is not wrong to lose with AA against AA. It happens rarely but unfortunately it can happen.

I haven't made any mistakes, but there is still a certain luck factor involved in the game, which you also need to win a tournament.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't know what I would do, but probably something bad, get drunk and order a call girl:unsure: