Can you fold this?

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you have done? This occured in freeroll, at the time I was sitting at about 100 of 200 left. Top 99 get paid. What do you do, Call or Fold?

PokerStars Game #21569690737: Tournament #112493273, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2008/10/28 15:46:08 ET
Table '112493273 96' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: WhoRuPlayin? (30845 in chips)
Seat 3: pentheman (15400 in chips)
Seat 4: FlashYy (23835 in chips)
Seat 5: jandlhart8 (9930 in chips)
Seat 6: Unique2read (11805 in chips)
Seat 7: Wilhoit (29283 in chips)
Seat 8: mallyworld (5265 in chips)
Seat 9: Desi.AtLarge (8425 in chips)
WhoRuPlayin?: posts the ante 25
pentheman: posts the ante 25
FlashYy: posts the ante 25
jandlhart8: posts the ante 25
Unique2read: posts the ante 25
Wilhoit: posts the ante 25
mallyworld: posts the ante 25
Desi.AtLarge: posts the ante 25
Desi.AtLarge: posts small blind 100
WhoRuPlayin?: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jandlhart8
card_As.gif
card_Ks.gif

pentheman: folds
FlashYy: raises 800 to 1000
jandlhart8: calls 1000
Unique2read: folds
Wilhoit: folds
mallyworld: folds
Desi.AtLarge: raises 4000 to 5000
WhoRuPlayin?: folds
FlashYy: raises 18810 to 23810 and is all-in
armastars is connected
jandlhart8: ????????
Desi.AtLarge: calls 3400 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (15410) returned to FlashYy

*** FLOP ***
card_Kh.gif
card_7d.gif
card_Jd.gif

*** TURN ***
card_Kh.gif
card_7d.gif
card_Jd.gif
card_Ac.gif

*** RIVER ***
card_Kh.gif
card_7d.gif
card_Jd.gif
card_Ac.gif
card_5h.gif

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Desi.AtLarge: shows
card_Th.gif
card_Tc.gif
(a pair of Tens)
FlashYy: shows
card_Qs.gif
card_Ah.gif
(a pair of Aces)
Unique2read said, "gg desi"
FlashYy collected 18200 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 18200 | Rake 0
Board
card_Kh.gif
card_7d.gif
card_Jd.gif
card_Ac.gif
card_5h.gif

Seat 1: WhoRuPlayin? (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: pentheman folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: FlashYy showed
card_Qs.gif
card_Ah.gif
and won (18200) with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: jandlhart8 folded before Flop(darn it, would have taken it down)
Seat 6: Unique2read folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Wilhoit folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: mallyworld (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Desi.AtLarge (small blind) showed
card_Th.gif
card_Tc.gif
and lost with a pair of Tens

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have folded there. With a reraise all in and the original raiser would probably call, your odds are not good with A, K. The best you can hope for is each of them having A, Q or worse. You are not shortstacked so myou can afford to wait for a better spot.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without looking at the results, from the PF action you can guess you are probably behind. Unless you think Flash is folding, you may consider a call at a better price if you happen to be slightly behind.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When flashy raised then reraised the all in to put you on the spot. I would have folded and had him on A's or K's. Sad sometimes how the worse hand preflop ends up taking it down, seen it so often in multi-way pots too.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK + Freeroll = ship it! And 3-bet flashy's raise FFS.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I actually agree with this. You see a lot of shoving in Free rolls with holdings that are crushed by AK. Unless I have a read on one of the other player that tells me they are tight enough to only be making this move with a premium hand, I'm probably calling.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Word.

Unless, Flashy would only shove AA but I don't see getting that read on a freeroller.

Flashy could show me KK and I'd still call.

kinghighisgood

kinghighisgood

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Too much raising and reraising preflop to be confident with AK and your stack. Better to wait for another spot.

C

channing73ny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in

well the way i play exp in freeroll ant 2 face cards im all in and so are most others so u really gotta think that way exp in freeroll youtr gonna get alotta all ins with real hands that shoulda folded i myself would fold most pocket pairs on an all in id rather have suited connector any day so u shoulda went all in off the gun that hand was made for you it probbably haunted you knowing you should too them peole out of the torney and they probbaly took u out later when they has the good hand but u were low stacked and had to risk it all you gotta have balls play too win

B

bombomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in any other situation i would of folded the AK but because it was a freeroll i would of pushed

people play really loose in the freerolls cause they get the mentality that the end is so far away that they need to get huge to have a chance

aq aj a10 are all hands that are regularly over played in the freerolls even when the player is not short stacked

T_inc

T_inc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this situation in a freeroll...i`l call for sure... probally shoved it all bfore that flashy dude

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering it's a freeroll I'd probably put original raiser on about 99, AQs+, AKo after the rereraise, and the reraiser on QQ+, AKs, AKo, with only very small chance of it being a squeeze, so I'd guess you're about 25% equity, so 8930 to win 19705 doesn't seem like a good call even without considering the tournament structure. With their demonstrated ranges assuming those are their minimums, you're about 30% to win, so it'd be good as far as pot odds, but not tournament odds.

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold there, remember its a freeroll. In a $$ tourney, you would of given yourself a tap on the back for that laydown

kingsup23

kingsup23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^Id say if it was a freeroll to gamble to as ppl play stupid in freerolls and he mightve been pushing with 88 and calling with 10 10 so youd be 50 50 but if it was a real money tourney easy fold as you are more then likely behind even tho you were 50 50 against on e player and dominating the other.

N

-newbielicious-

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont really think i would have folded there.... but hey... im not that good at poker.. icant fold many big hands i do not have the discipline to do so... but i guess it woulda been good considering i woulda won that hand... but many ppl would correctly fold there... i saw a person fold AA the other day and blog it... it was crazy because she actually would have lost the hand

N

ncscout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have called for a simple reason : it is a freeroll. How many times have you seen somebody shove all-in with some bull hand just counting on a lucky hit? You can't walk away from your hand and wait for a better one. If it had been a buy-in tourny the decision would be harder. I probably would fold it then.

J

jrosekcs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a freeroll and having the 4th best starting hand I would have called...if i go down to aces so be it but the str8 draw and flush draws would have been there giving quite a few outs to the aces if someone had em....and it was a freeroll....money tourney...depends what it cost to get in....1 -5 dollars probably still call....anything higher and more than one person in...fold and play another hand.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a freeroll I would of called for two reasons you didn't pay anything to get in and many players are wreckless and will shove with a variety of hands

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why oh why oh why are you not 3-betting pre?

heck, shoving pre after the initial raise isn't even that bad an idea given that it's a freeroll and a lot of Ax hands will still look you up.

as played, heck i don't know because i never take your line with AK, but i probably say to hell with it and call.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting at 50BB, I'm with the folders on this one. Doesn't show it as a turbo, so no rush or urgency here. Accumulated good chips so far. So what if it's a FR? It's a poker game that I want to win.

Yea, yea, top 4 hands, big slick, lalala. 3-way pot, why risk it? Better places to put a tourney life on the line. Loosey-gooseys will push every time. Tight players will fold. I fold.

During the whole course of a large field MTT, a player will be dealt top hands several times. If you elect to push every time because it's the BIGGY, it's unlikely you can win 100% of them, especially when you are chip covered.

H

headtrip13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good fold

Good play, you want to lay down here, chances are your outs are diminished cause of the raise reraise and you know someone has a PP, you weren't in a position to make the call and made correct laydown to save your money until you were initiating the action and Isolating players to allow them to make the decision.

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's a tough one. if the table was playing loose, I would have made the call figuring I had one or both of them with overs, but it is easier to say after seing the hand result. Since it was a freeroll and you're not in the money yet you have to always consider the donkeyness of the players. Your fold was smart and respectable though and it takes a good player to muck big slick.

S

smokkee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in most tournaments, there's a lot of stealing with marginal hands going on when on the bubble. AKs is a premo hand. IMO, your best move would've been to shove the initial raiser. the top 3 spots is where all the money is in tournaments, not squeeking into the money. a good tournament player anticipates the bubble as an opportunity to gain chips. don't be afraid of the bubble.

D

DeNyd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were not a blind or pot commited at all maybe a small ante, so imo you made the correct choice by folding..you never know what the flop brings so the guy with pocket tens could have won by just having a pair :/

Folding in Poker