Fold KK in SB when facing multiple all-ins?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on situation and game.
Let's say you're on the bubble of an EPT and 4 players go allin . Would you risk your tournament life for it ?
very true, it depends, but I'm specifically referring to the hand op provided.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on 2 things, wow much the icm tax is, and if it is life changing money to you.

If its not life changing money, just make the right icm decision.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when a tournament is important to me, when my stack is smaller, I dropped AA on a bubble if several players have already gone all-in

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’m probably calling but also I went all in with KK earlier and the chip leader called me with 86 off suit and hit a flush. It wasn’t even a freeroll. I was so annoyed!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, I called KK because it's a very strong hand and if the opponents are lucky enough, I'll just go to another tournament, and that's it because if you throw strong arms you'll lose a lot of games and hands so just do the right thing and the rest doesn't matter

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nicely done, i would most likely have folded because I would anticipate at least one haveing an Ace but there are deffo time when I would also call and then cry

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As this was apparently early in an MTT, KK is an easy call preflop, even when half the table has already moved in. The goal in MTTs is not to survive as long as possible. The goal is to make money, and to make money you have to call, when you have the second nuts, and its unlikely, someone else has the nuts.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's complicated! For the field you were winning, but if you pay you will probably lose. What matters is that you made the right move and managed to escape... congratulations!

Wedersonalas

Wedersonalas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
É muito difícil desistir kk ..... vou all-in às vezes com o que é bom e às vezes com o que não é bom
This situation is complicated and even a little strange to have to flod one of the best pre-flop hands, but with so many players involved I don't feel comfortable to continue...

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
no, still a bad fold.
Could you elaborate as to why this is a bad fold?

On one side I'm inclined to say it's a good fold as you are in a multiway pot so the odds of it falling in your favor drastically decline, you are looking at an early exit from the tournament.

On the other side it's a fenomenal stack-up if you win and you are most likely the best hand pre-flop.

What is the most profitable action here long term, and why?

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
It is so hard folding kk in the SB, I wish I could do that

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good morning, first of all I congratulate you for having escaped from these types of hands that are usually difficult to overcome.
Secondly, I would like to tell you that the next time you find yourself in this situation, do an analysis of the players, because if the rival “Tadeu Jeremi” had been a good player, he would shoot a 4-4 without thinking about it because of your position at the table and the number of risky blinds in this pot.
So taking into account the analysis, if you consider that “tadeu jeremi” is a good player with good strategies, he would probably be representing you an AA, which leaves your hand with a low value.
In any case, it is a very complex analysis that can fail and is not applicable to your hand due to the number of players.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I congratulate you on the fold because it's hard for me to do it. Now I just won an all in KK against my TT IN THE $250 CC TOURNAMENT.

V

Viking26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you put at risk all your chips fold.. Because against 3 4 players it s gambling.. That s my opinion

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
played well, I believe I couldn't put this hand down

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
played well, I believe I couldn't put this hand down
How did he "play well" by folding the best hand? Its unbelievable, how results oriented a lot of people are. But I guess, it just goes to show, that poker is still not dead ;)

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great move. It's easy for most people to go all in pre-flop. Always rememger if you have a poket par most of the time its not the only 1 out there. If there is muldtiple all ins at the table you can bet that there are multiple poket pairs at the table and a poket pair is only really good if you hit and then hopefully a higher poket pair doesn;t hit or a flush or straight. Great job. Just keep your head in the game not your gut.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fantastic laydown!!! Well played sir... well played!!

My question to you is, what if you were the one holding 33 while in blinds. Are you calling the all-ins here in this spot? Because I'm thinking you might've made a bad fold and would fold the 33 when it was obvious that calling all in with the 33 was the best possible play in this hand!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on situation and game.
Let's say you're on the bubble of an EPT and 4 players go allin . Would you risk your tournament life for it ?
In that situation we would never see someone open ship 25 bigs from UTG with QT offsuit, and 3 other players calling or raising, two of them with baby pairs. So even from the action alone, and also the size of the blinds, it is obvious, that this was early in either a freeroll or a PKO. In the first case people were gambling it up, and in the latter case they were hunting for UTGs bounty. And so should we, when we have the second best starting hand in Hold´em. Hands like this is the main reason, why microstakes PKOs can be insanely profitable. And if you bust, you just play the next one.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In that situation we would never see someone open ship 25 bigs from UTG with QT offsuit, and 3 other players calling or raising, two of them with baby pairs. So even from the action alone, and also the size of the blinds, it is obvious, that this was early in either a freeroll or a PKO. In the first case people were gambling it up, and in the latter case they were hunting for UTGs bounty. And so should we, when we have the second best starting hand in Hold´em. Hands like this is the main reason, why microstakes PKOs can be insanely profitable. And if you bust, you just play the next one.
Agreed but I Just think there are situation where you can find a fold. Not in a freeroll of course but a meaningful game.
But its nonsense what phi_l said.
Always a bad move to fold KK 🙄😅

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed but I Just think there are situation where you can find a fold. Not in a freeroll of course but a meaningful game.
Yes on the final table of a regular MTT we should seriously consider folding KK to this multiway action. Most likely we would not see a 25BB open shove from UTG, or at least I have never seen that on a final table. But lets say, UTG shipped for something more reasonable like 13-15BB, and then 3 players behind either called or raised. Then I would also strongly consider folding KK, because there is a high chance of getting 1-3 payjumps just by sitting the hand out and watch them bust each other.

And also I would put people on much stronger ranges, than what they actually turned up with here. When the 4. player moves in, he should really only have aces or kings. And if we have kings, that mean, he probably have aces. But again this would be on a final table, where ICM is important, and almost everyone play at least reasonably well. Here that was very obviously not the case, since the 4. player turned up with 33, and only 1 in 4 players had a reasonable hand to move in with (AK).

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depending on the price of the All In you would pay easy

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Wow 🤩 what a fold I don’t think I would fold. So many hands 🙌 shoving there . AK AQ JJ QQ and players could have the same hand . as you can see players had worse . And if the flop came KK would you have still posted this? Good fold but I don’t think I could fold because if you had AAS and four players go in do I fold because AAs vs 4 opponents is not good ? Fold and wait for AAs in a better spot this was a good I have a bad feeling fold maybe somebody has AAs but if it was one opponent would you make the call 📞? Maybe the one player has AAs now you have to get lucky. But again good fold but it’s not something I would do every time.

Folding in Poker