Fold KK in SB when facing multiple all-ins?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you elaborate as to why this is a bad fold?

On one side I'm inclined to say it's a good fold as you are in a multiway pot so the odds of it falling in your favor drastically decline, you are looking at an early exit from the tournament.

On the other side it's a fenomenal stack-up if you win and you are most likely the best hand pre-flop.

What is the most profitable action here long term, and why?
eh, the most profitable action is the one you're most comfortable with. it was a mistake for me to say it was a bad fold because I was basing it on what I would do in this hand, but not everyone plays the way I do.

personally, in this particular scenario op provided, i never fold because my edge in mtts is not good enough for me to fold. I'm garbage as mtts, so I know I can't give up these marginal equity spots that'll give me a slight edge and allow me to potentially run deep. I know a lot of members can fold in this spot and do extremely well, but I'm not one of those members and I need all the help I can get.

basically the risk is worth the reward. I'm not afraid to bust out in this spot to try and pick up a big stack. even if my equity is only 20%, that 1/5 time I win will more than make up for 4/5 times I bust out in this hand, if I manage to run deep. if i fold, I know I don't have the skill to make up for edge in giving up in this spot. so, there is more value in me calling in a big risk / big reward situation than there is in me folding and "surviving".

worst case scenario is a run into aces, which isn't bad at all so I don't worry about running into aces.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
and call until because you play a freeroll tournament and I think a hand with high equity would already fold, then you only lose to AA otherwise you win the pot!!

Folding in Poker