Washington Nationals Baseball

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After making a good showing early in August, losing four in a row while everyone else in the race is red hot IS NOT going to get you in the playoffs!!!

Seems like that walk off grand slam dealt out by the cubbies has just shook my good ole' nattys to the core!!! Lets hope the phills and cards cool off and we can make a run here soon!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Been away for a week on vacation! Yes, that grand slam in the ninth was a real killer. Dagger to the heart. Washington is 4 and 6 for the last 10 games. Can't make the playoffs without a real good run now. I hear Harper and Murphy are on the possible reassignment with recall list. Not sure how that will workout.

Miami tonight.

Go Nats! :bebored:

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was a good chance to make up some ground last night but an L in the tenth, just kinda keeps us were we were. I mean Murph has been getting his swing back and Harper might have found it too, hitting .350 since the break. We kinda need em right now.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was a good chance to make up some ground last night but an L in the tenth, just kinda keeps us were we were. I mean Murph has been getting his swing back and Harper might have found it too, hitting .350 since the break. We kinda need em right now.

As a Cubs fan I want to sincerely thank you for Daniel Murphy. He is a really good hitter and a good clubhouse guy. You guys will be back soon if not yet this year

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Cubs fan I want to sincerely thank you for Daniel Murphy. He is a really good hitter and a good clubhouse guy. You guys will be back soon if not yet this year

Wow man I didn't even know about that until I seen your post that is a very nice pick up for you guys! I don't think this is us throwing in the towel by any means, and really didn't think the nats were in the market for nor had anything on the block. Seems like it was all cash though, must need to pay some players, lmao.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow man I didn't even know about that until I seen your post that is a very nice pick up for you guys! I don't think this is us throwing in the towel by any means, and really didn't think the nats were in the market for nor had anything on the block. Seems like it was all cash though, must need to pay some players, lmao.

That kid Soto hey have is the real deal. Maybe they cut salary (Matt Adams too) to re-sign Bryce. I'd love him on the Cubs but I also like players that play their whole career (or most of) with one team so I would hope the Nats re-sign him

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, a lot of action lately. Nats beat the Phillies last night to gain a game. I will
really miss Daniel Murphy in Washington. You're welcome Cubs. Yes, Soto is an amazing kid. Hope we have him for awhile. Got to be leading for NL rookie of the year. Strasburg is pitching tonight.

Go Nats! :bath:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Strasburg was not very effective but the Nats won on a ninth inning walk off homer by Ryan Zimmerman to win 8-7. Gained another game on Philly. Day game today at 1:05. Scherzer is pitching for the Nats.

Go Nats! :)

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strasburg was not very effective but the Nats won on a ninth inning walk off homer by Ryan Zimmerman to win 8-7. Gained another game on Philly. Day game today at 1:05. Scherzer is pitching for the Nats.

Go Nats! :)

Now lets let that push us towards another winning streak while letting the Phils feel some failure for a while.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, almost. Nats lost today 2-0 to Philly. One hanging pitch and Scherzer gave up a two run homer. Bad break. Nats out hit the Phillies but no runs. On to the Mets tomorrow.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yesterday we won 15-0. Amazing display. Where were the bats the last 3 games?
Nationals are still way behind a playoff spot. Phillies tonight, Strasburg pitching tonight. Maybe we can pick up some ground?

Go Nats! :joyman:

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting to be tough to watch. I mean losing to the Mets at a time like this isn't what we need to be doing, then putting 15 on the board...come on guys, even it out a bit, give me five or six a night and our pitching will get us to the playoffs.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We managed to gain a game against Philly last night with a 5-3 win. Strasburg had just enough in the tank. Not a huge offensive show but enough to win. Repeat of Nola- Scherzer duel tonight. One of them will probably win the Cy Young award so this is an important matchup for both.

Go Nats! :aetsch:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last night was a really strange game We beat Philly 5-4. The last out was weird.
A pitcher was on second as a pinch runner, tagged up on a fly ball and went to third, but he left too early and on review was called out! That was the third out, end of game. Gio Gonzalez pitches for the Nats today.

Go Nats! :D

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sadly, we lost last night 8-6. Could have gained a lot of ground on Philly with a win, but not to be. Off day today, then on to Saint Louis for the weekend.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Harper had a great day, even while sick. a 3 run home run in the ninth tied the game with the Cardinals, and he had a sacrifice fly in the tenth to win the game. Harp has some strange viral thing going on. Cardinals again tonight. Scherzer pitched but was not involved in the decision.

Go Nats! :cool:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Harper is still sick. Still, he got a 2 run double last night, fell down coughing on second base. We lost to the Cards 11-8 though. Cards again tonight. Roark is pitching.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dang, another close game. We lost 7-6 to the Cards. Strasburg pitches tonight against the Cubs. We just cannot seem to get it going. Matt Adams , who we just sent to the cards,, had 2 home runs last night against us, 4 RBI's for the Cards. Good for them, bad for the Nats.

Go Nats! :drunken_s

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington is 8 games behind Atlanta now in the NL east after our 10 inning loss
to the Cubs last night. If we had kept Adams and Murphy we could possibly be a lot closer. Could have been. Joe Ross is pitching for the Nats tonight after returning
to the club.

Go Nats! :tomato:

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting to get a little hard to watch my man, I have been busy these last couple of weeks with fantasy football stuff and every time I have the chance to catch a game or see the score on ESPN I cringe! Not sure about the loss of those guys would help or not just seems like pitching and hitting are never on the same page these days. #Hopingforalaterally

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We beat the Cubs in a day night double-header Good day except the second game did not end until 1:30 AM. Way past my bedtime. Rained out yesterday and probably again today. Supposed to rain every day till this weekend, Dang, no baseball. You are right about getting the hitting and pitching together LJG. That would be great.

Go Nats! :five:

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nats putting something together? Up 2-0...make that three nothing, against the phills right now that would be five in a row! But form the looks of the wildcard race they are going to need a little more umph and probably some losing streaks in the last couple weeks to get in.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be nice, snagged 2 wins yesterday against the Phillies and we have
Scherzer tonight. 3-0 is a pretty good stake for Max if we has his stuff tonight.
We will see...…….

Go Nats! :ahhhhh:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was in error last night, Strasburg was pitching not Scherzer. Strasburg had a great game and the Nats won 5-1 over Philly. Make -up game today in Washington with the Cubs at 4:00.
Nats have won 5 in a row but so has Atlanta so we did not gain any ground.

Go Nats :stupido: